ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

more evidence for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mindgames
Newly Registered

more evidence for ILR

Post by Mindgames » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi,

I'm asking this on behalf of my cousin who is out of the country and cannot acces the internet for a week. My terminology may not be accurate but I'm sure you guys will understand.

My cousin and his family got a HSMP visa (a few years ago) that said that you can enter in the country in 3 months. When he inquired why 3 months they said that people may need that much time to prepare for the move but if you are ready before that you can still come in.

So my cousin arrived a week before when the visa was to start followed by his wife a day after him.

Now that he has applied for his indefinate leave to remain - he received a letter asking how and why he entered earlier than the visa start date.

He said to me that he can send a letter with his wife's passport copy (that has enterance stamp) explaining she also arrived earlier plus the reason I have written above.

But the thing is that they asked him to get back to them by the 1rd of December which he will very much struggle to do.

Instead of sending more letters back and forth he wants to know is there a legal clause or article somewhere that explains what he did. So when he sends the letter the guy will understands it clearly; with no need of further correspondence.

Hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks

z.yas
Newly Registered

Re: more evidence for ILR

Post by z.yas » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:46 pm

How come the immigration officer at the port of entry allowed him to enter if his visa had not started then. Just a thought.

Mindgames
Newly Registered

Post by Mindgames » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:24 pm

As I said earlier when he spoke to the immigration they said they will let him/family enter before the date as 3 months are given for preparation.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Mindgames wrote:As I said earlier when he spoke to the immigration they said they will let him/family enter before the date as 3 months are given for preparation.
I never heard that. 24 month spouse visa are now 27 months to give 3 months grace but not HSMP AIUI.

I dunno how ur friend got in before visa start date but it does create some problems...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....