ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Months old UK born child's T1 Dependant visa rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

high_aimer

6 Months old UK born child's T1 Dependant visa rejected

Post by high_aimer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi all,

Just to share my horrible experience with you all, who might be in similar situation and also to seek some guidance.

My son was 3 months old when we travelled to Pakistan thinking we'll apply for his visa from there - biggest mistake of my life!

After 3 months of application, they rejected his visa saying I had not attached copy of my visa with the application. My visa copy was even included in the application pack we received back from Gerry's.

This was the ONLY objection.

I've appealed against the decision but I'm aware that it can take many months. If I apply again, what is the assurance that they won't close their eyes again and won't reject it again with another stupid reason, specially when it costs £675 to apply.

I am not sure what can I do. How can make them to reassess their stupid mistake?

Any suggestions???

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:16 am

i completely sympathise with you, what a stupid mistake bhc has done to you.

I dnt knw much abt administrative review, it may quicker.
If i was u wil reapply instead appeal.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:40 am

If you have attached a copy ur passport then it a BIG Blunder done by the BHC.. and the problem here is we can not even fight against it QUICKLY except for the Appeal process.

so keep in mind the TIME, TENSION, your job in UK and time u can spend with ur family.. you need to take a decision... goodluck

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:33 pm

You can come back leaving yr wife & kid behind, & submitt appeal here in court, which would be more quickers then you submitting appeal in Pak. or you can submitt fresh application but is costly option

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: 6 Months old UK born child's T1 Dependant visa rejected

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:26 pm

high_aimer wrote:Hi all,

Just to share my horrible experience with you all, who might be in similar situation and also to seek some guidance.

My son was 3 months old when we travelled to Pakistan thinking we'll apply for his visa from there - biggest mistake of my life!

After 3 months of application, they rejected his visa saying I had not attached copy of my visa with the application. My visa copy was even included in the application pack we received back from Gerry's.

I've appealed against the decision but I'm aware that it can take many months. If I apply again, what is the assurance that they won't close their eyes again and won't reject it again with another stupid reason, specially when it costs £675 to apply.

I am not sure what can I do. How can make them to reassess their stupid mistake?

Any suggestions???
same kind of blunder i ave gone throug ,

now u have to wait 4-6 months yr case come to ait

be smart -

in court they asked mE to prove test of probabaily

means , only holding mimimum required balce in yr bank a.c will not give yr child visa , under s 319f test will apply

u should have proper accomodation , good job to support all and good bank balance , at time when u r figihing case in AIT

if u think that u got a minimum requred balance in yr account and you will get chid visa , very hard .

so be prepared on above ground to fight in AIT .

ALL THE BEST

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Do not go for appeal. Its long process.
Apply again.
When get visa come back to UK and than give them hard time.

pritamsingh98
BANNED

Post by pritamsingh98 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm

it wuld be gud to apply again...........

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:10 pm

high_aimer wrote:After 3 months of application, they rejected his visa saying I had not attached copy of my visa with the application. My visa copy was even included in the application pack we received back from Gerry's.

Ask them to reconsider as they appeared to have overlooked the evidence provided.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:23 pm

I think you do not have any other option except to re-apply.

Re-apply, get the visa then

Lodge a complaint on the name of ECM of BHC and request for the refund of fee.

-------------------------------------------------------

Leaving family behind (until appeal decision comes and baby) get the visa will be blooody Sheikh's type of option... lol so any sensible person wont think on these lines....

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:26 pm

You send emails with above-mentioned details to all the email addresses on this link until you get reply, with subject, "Please contact me". I am sure they will reconsider it.
http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/our-o ... contact_us

Good luck!!

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions ans encouragement.

Just to update you all, below is what I've done so far:

- I appealed against the decision on the same day
- Wrote a comprehensive letter and sent it to the Home Secretary, my local MP and the home office department that looks after the UK entry clearance posts around the world
- my MP replied back saying he would raise the issue with home office
- no reply from the Home Secretary Alan Johnson at all
- But good news is that relevant Home Office department sent an email to the Entry Clearance manager in Abu Dhabi (where the application was processed) to look into the matter immediately
- Within few hours ECM contacted me to request a copy of my visa with the promise that he'll reassess the application
- I've sent him my visa copy now but the embassy is closed till Thursday for Eid holidays

I am counting hours for Thursday and hoping that ECM will give me a good news!

Will update you with the outcome...

vks

Post by vks » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 am

high_aimer wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions ans encouragement.

Just to update you all, below is what I've done so far:

- I appealed against the decision on the same day
- Wrote a comprehensive letter and sent it to the Home Secretary, my local MP and the home office department that looks after the UK entry clearance posts around the world
- my MP replied back saying he would raise the issue with home office
- no reply from the Home Secretary Alan Johnson at all
- But good news is that relevant Home Office department sent an email to the Entry Clearance manager in Abu Dhabi (where the application was processed) to look into the matter immediately
- Within few hours ECM contacted me to request a copy of my visa with the promise that he'll reassess the application
- I've sent him my visa copy now but the embassy is closed till Thursday for Eid holidays

I am counting hours for Thursday and hoping that ECM will give me a good news!

Will update you with the outcome...
Well done mate! Nice that you have posted the learnings, which would definitely help some one!
Regards,
vks

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Hello mates,

I've got a good news to share with you all.

I've received an email from the Entry Clearance Manager today to advise me that he has overturned the previous decision and has advised me to resubmit my son's passport so that they can stamp his visa!

Well, I've learnt one lesson from this drama that if you believe you are genuine, never give in and raise the issue to as many people and as high up in the hierarchy as possible.

Any idea how long do they take to stamp the visa after we submit the passport again?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 pm

high_aimer wrote:Hello mates,

I've got a good news to share with you all.

I've received an email from the Entry Clearance Manager today to advise me that he has overturned the previous decision and has advised me to resubmit my son's passport so that they can stamp his visa!

Well, I've learnt one lesson from this drama that if you believe you are genuine, never give in and raise the issue to as many people and as high up in the hierarchy as possible.

Any idea how long do they take to stamp the visa after we submit the passport again?
Lucky friend , saved from hell process , all the best

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Finally, after 5 months of nerve breaking wait and stress, we've got our son's passport back with entry clearance.

Time lines:

Applied: 10/09/2009
refused: 18/11/2009
refusal overturned after review and call letter received: 01/12/2009
passport resubmission: 03/12/2009
collection: 29/01/2010
Visa issue date: 20/12/2009

What the hell they've been doing with the passport for over a month after the visa was finally issued?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Congrats on the success! Not many of us take the route of fighting for our rights - 'coz it's usually a long-drawn and messy route! Your efforts paid in the end .. and that's what matters.

I would be interested in knowing the contact details of:
high_aimer wrote:the home office department that looks after the UK entry clearance posts around the world
Could you please forward through PM. Thanks!

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 pm

high_aimer wrote:Finally, after 5 months of nerve breaking wait and stress, we've got our son's passport back with entry clearance.

Time lines:

Applied: 10/09/2009
refused: 18/11/2009
refusal overturned after review and call letter received: 01/12/2009
passport resubmission: 03/12/2009
collection: 29/01/2010
Visa issue date: 20/12/2009

What the hell they've been doing with the passport for over a month after the visa was finally issued?
Well done!! Really impressed.