ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One of the dependant visa fee not debited

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

One of the dependant visa fee not debited

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:00 pm

I recently applied tier 1 extenstion myself and for 2 dependant wife & kid. When I checked my bank statements, I see fee is debited for myself and one of the dependant (820 + 50) I don't see another 50£ debit. I don't know for which dependant the fee is debited and for which it is not debited.

I got the reference no. and ack from HO saying application will be handed over caseworker for further processing.

What should I do? Any suggestion please? Much appreciated.

anusha_184
Newly Registered

Re: One of the dependant visa fee not debited

Post by anusha_184 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:12 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:I recently applied tier 1 extenstion myself and for 2 dependant wife & kid. When I checked my bank statements, I see fee is debited for myself and one of the dependant (820 + 50) I don't see another 50£ debit. I don't know for which dependant the fee is debited and for which it is not debited.

I got the reference no. and ack from HO saying application will be handed over caseworker for further processing.

What should I do? Any suggestion please? Much appreciated.

Application processing for dependents below 18 years of age is free

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks anusha_184

I couldn't find reference to the fact that there is no fee for PBS Dependant for childrens under age 18, in neither the PBS dependant app form nor the PBS dependant guidance.

May be I am missing out something here.

Can you please point me to an HO document that says fee is free for PBS childrens under age 18.

Many Thanks.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:56 pm

It says

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... sidetheuk/

---------------
The fees you must pay - applying by post
There are two different fees for postal applications under the highly skilled worker category:

£400 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application for initial entry (switching) into Tier 1 General (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); and
£820 for all other applicants (including applications for extension within the highly skilled worker category if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HSMP).
Dependant applications for your spouse, partner or children under 18 cost £50 per dependant if they are sent together with your own form. Dependant applications for children over 18, or any dependant applications sent separately or later, cost £465.

You must send in your fee or we will not consider your application.
-----------------------

anusha_184
Newly Registered

Post by anusha_184 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:41 pm

U can check this link and under dependents in the aplication form pdf
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:38 pm

anusha_184

I think you have not got it correctly.

The section on dependants on Page 4 reads,

Any dependant applications that are submitted at the same time as the main applicant's form will incur a fee of £50 per dependant unless it is for a child aged 18 years or over.

This to me means that for Children under 18 and spouse the fee is £50 per application if submitted along with the main applicant. and that for dependant children aged 18 or over the fee is £465 (same as those dependant applications sent separately).

This does not seem to STATE ANYWHERE that there is no fee for children under 18.

Can you please give the page number, paragraph information for your claim?

Thanks
anusha_184 wrote:U can check this link and under dependents in the aplication form pdf
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf
Last edited by Master_Blaster on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Post by vks » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:39 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:It says

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... sidetheuk/

---------------
The fees you must pay - applying by post
There are two different fees for postal applications under the highly skilled worker category:

£400 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application for initial entry (switching) into Tier 1 General (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); and
£820 for all other applicants (including applications for extension within the highly skilled worker category if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HSMP).
Dependant applications for your spouse, partner or children under 18 cost £50 per dependant if they are sent together with your own form. Dependant applications for children over 18, or any dependant applications sent separately or later, cost £465.

You must send in your fee or we will not consider your application.

You should talk to HO, using your reference number
-----------------------
Regards,
vks

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Dependants
Each dependant must complete a separate
PBS (Dependant) form. Any dependant
applications that are submitted at the same
time as the main applicant’s form will incur
a fee of £50 per dependant unless it is for a
child aged 18 years or over.
However, this
fee will not be applicable where the main
applicant is fully exempt from payment (as set
out above).
Dependants’ applications that are submitted at
a later date and/or applications for dependent
children who are aged 18 years or over will
incur a charge and will not be considered
without payment of the specified fee, currently
£465 for applications made by post or courier
and £665
for applications made in person at
our Public Enquiry Offices.

latoy
Newly Registered

Post by latoy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 pm

I had the same problem when applying for extension. First, you need to contact your bank and ask why the payment was declined. You can then call the following number:
Charging Dept (Home office) 01142072918
Customer Service (Home Office) 01142072966

You can also send an email to Charging.Workpermits@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

You can also send a fax to the following number - 02081963248. Explain your observation and authorise them to resubmit the payment.

If the file had not been passed to the case worker, then there might be a way out. Otherwise, they'll return the whole package back to you and ask you to reapply.

If they ever send the package back, you'll need to print a new payment and biodata bage, fill and replace. You'll also need to ensure that there's sufficient funds in your account as they going to deduct a new fees (820+50+50) before refunding the previous deduction.
Hope that helps................

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks latoy!

That is great help...relieves me some pressure...

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:14 pm

I got this reply from Workpermit Charging team.
Does this means I have to fax/post the payment section page again?
Many Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately when processing multiple card transactions for the same credit card there can be problems with anti-fraud measures placed on credit cards to prevent fraudulent transactions. I can't be 100% certain that this has happened in your case but I can confirm we did try and process your card details a third time but this came back to us as a declined transaction.

In order to rectify this I would like to ask you to submit a replacement payment slip for your dependant application. Please fax this payment slip to 0114 207 2906. Alternatively you can post your payment slip to us at:

Charging Team
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Please quote reference number PBxxxxxxxxxxx/003 on your payment slip.

Kind regards,
Sarah Jefferies

Charging Team
UK Border Agency
----------------------------------------------------

vks

Post by vks » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:I got this reply from Workpermit Charging team.
Does this means I have to fax/post the payment section page again? Yes...please do what they say!
Many Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortunately when processing multiple card transactions for the same credit card there can be problems with anti-fraud measures placed on credit cards to prevent fraudulent transactions. I can't be 100% certain that this has happened in your case but I can confirm we did try and process your card details a third time but this came back to us as a declined transaction.

In order to rectify this I would like to ask you to submit a replacement payment slip for your dependant application. Please fax this payment slip to 0114 207 2906. Alternatively you can post your payment slip to us at:

Charging Team
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Please quote reference number PBxxxxxxxxxxx/003 on your payment slip.

Kind regards,
Sarah Jefferies

Charging Team
UK Border Agency
----------------------------------------------------
Regards,
vks

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks vks.

I was confused what they meant by "replacement payment slip "

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:30 pm

I faxed the payment section page again and the payment for the 2nd dependant is now deducted. Thanks a lot to VKS.

But looking at this other post I am little worried.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=47121

Will my application be processed now, or will they send the application back and refund the fee? I am running very close to visa expiry date.