ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHOO! finally, I have my ID card!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joh118

WHOO! finally, I have my ID card!

Post by joh118 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 pm

It feels like I've been on a very very long rollercoaster with the UKBA but finally, it's now come to a stop.

Here is my final & complete timeline for others:

Aplication submitted: 1st October 2009
Confirmation recieved: 8th October 2009
Biometric Letter arrived: 21th October 2009
Biometrics Recorded at Croydon PEO: 26th October 2009
Approved & Passport(s) returned: 5th November 2009 (Dated 03/11/09)

This is where it went all WRONG!

ID card should have arrived well before the 10 working day waiting time but that 10 working day wait became an 18 working day wait. This was becuase, the adress provided by the courior company (DX Secure Deliveries) was insufficient for delivery (although it was very clear where the adress was). So, I called on day 10 of waiting and UKBA told me that I needed to change my address. So after changing, it took another 4 days for it to take effect.

When they deliver, the courior comapny needs to see a form of ID. My "adress" was my school/college adress and obviously, they didn't have an ID. So, I had to rearrange another delivery 2 days later and left my passport at reception.

ID Card recieved: 27 November 2009

In toal it took ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!! but mainly due to the delay in delivering ID card. Right up until the delivery of my ID card, I had been impressed by the speed of things.

tina2001
Newly Registered

Post by tina2001 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:26 pm

So, it takes around one and half month for all (biometric, passport/ id returned) but i have already done my biometric in last renewal. So, i dont have to go again for biometric, isn't?

So, this time i might get all my pp visa id card within around one month?

Any suggestion?

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:38 pm

tina2001 wrote:So, it takes around one and half month for all (biometric, passport/ id returned) but i have already done my biometric in last renewal. So, i dont have to go again for biometric, isn't?

Any suggestion?
You will have to give your biometrics again. This is to check that you are the same person that applied before.

So there shouldn't be any difference in time.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: WHOO! finally, I have my ID card!

Post by ElenaW » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm

joh118 wrote:It feels like I've been on a very very long rollercoaster with the UKBA but finally, it's now come to a stop.

Here is my final & complete timeline for others:

Aplication submitted: 1st October 2009
Confirmation recieved: 8th October 2009
Biometric Letter arrived: 21th October 2009
Biometrics Recorded at Croydon PEO: 26th October 2009
Approved & Passport(s) returned: 5th November 2009 (Dated 03/11/09)

This is where it went all WRONG!

ID card should have arrived well before the 10 working day waiting time but that 10 working day wait became an 18 working day wait. This was becuase, the adress provided by the courior company (DX Secure Deliveries) was insufficient for delivery (although it was very clear where the adress was). So, I called on day 10 of waiting and UKBA told me that I needed to change my address. So after changing, it took another 4 days for it to take effect.

When they deliver, the courior comapny needs to see a form of ID. My "adress" was my school/college adress and obviously, they didn't have an ID. So, I had to rearrange another delivery 2 days later and left my passport at reception.

ID Card recieved: 27 November 2009

In toal it took ALMOST 2 MONTHS!!! but mainly due to the delay in delivering ID card. Right up until the delivery of my ID card, I had been impressed by the speed of things.
congrats!!! You got it in the end and that's what matters!

tina2001
Newly Registered

Post by tina2001 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Thnx for suggestion.

Oh! Do i have to go Home Office for biometric again?

joh118 wrote:
tina2001 wrote:So, it takes around one and half month for all (biometric, passport/ id returned) but i have already done my biometric in last renewal. So, i dont have to go again for biometric, isn't?

Any suggestion?
You will have to give your biometrics again. This is to check that you are the same person that applied before.

So there shouldn't be any difference in time.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:14 pm

yes you do

tina2001
Newly Registered

Post by tina2001 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Thnx for reply

Did you do your this Bio second time?

joh118 wrote:yes you do

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:04 pm

tina2001 wrote:Thnx for reply

Did you do your this Bio second time?

joh118 wrote:yes you do
no it was my first but when I went to get it done. the person doing it asked me if I had EVER got it recorded by the UKBA.

When I said no, the person thought I was either lying or did not understand! (for some reason, the majority of applicants have had it recorded before)

So from the fact that they asked me this shows that you will need to go again just to verify your identity.

Also, the photo that you sent as part of you application is checked with the photo that is taken there. This is why you have to wait after you give your biometrics.