ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitors visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lotus_jp26
Newly Registered

visitors visa query

Post by lotus_jp26 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi All,

Please please post me a reply to this query ..this is very urgent....

I would like to apply for Visitors visa to my aunt as I need help with my baby [I'm a single mother]. But my hsmp visa is due for extension in February, would they grant visitors visa for my aunt if we apply for a visa now.

Thanks in advance,
Lotus.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: visitors visa query

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

lotus_jp26 wrote:Hi All,

Please please post me a reply to this query ..this is very urgent....

I would like to apply for Visitors visa to my aunt as I need help with my baby [I'm a single mother]. But my hsmp visa is due for extension in February, would they grant visitors visa for my aunt if we apply for a visa now.

Thanks in advance,
Lotus.
I think u will be denied, sound like u want ur aunt for free labour, work not allowed on visit visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

taylondon

visitor visa

Post by taylondon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:27 pm

I think you will be fine. Review again all the documants she will submit with her visitor visa application form.

Are you going to send your tenancy agreement or mortgage documants as proof of her accommodation.
and are you going to send your bank statements as proof of your financial means.

If you check the appeals on www.ait.gov.uk the main reason visa officers deny the applications is financial issues of the sponsors or the applicants. Visa officers should be satisfied that your aunty would be able to accommodate herself under your sponsorship without needing any public benefit help.

If you can provide letter from your employer about your salary, show enough amount in your bank account and also show your tenancy agreement that an extra room available for your aunty to stay during her visit then you would be ok. Close family members (mum, dad, sister, aunty, uncle) might help each other within the family, etc looking after a baby and people normally do not pay their mum because she look after the baby or clean the house or cook for you. It is not a labour on the market. Her main reason is visiting you but she would also be looking after your baby during her visit.

my mum visits me here 2 times a year, she cooks for me, she cleans the flat. Because she is my mum, I am not after a free labour. Between sons and moms there cannot be a word of free labour in normal families. It could be my aunty visiting me and cooking for me, that is exactly the same.

the visa officers do not refuse a visitor visa application just because the sponsor's visa is due to be expired. It can be expired soon but there is nothing blocking you to extend your visa, however there are some other reasons they can refuse the application and most of them are related with your financial status

lotus_jp26
Newly Registered

Post by lotus_jp26 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Thank You very much for your reply ... its definitely not free labour, it becomes extremely difficult to take good care of the baby under strict deadlines, and the care at the nursery is not that great..your answer cleared many of my doubts..thanks a lot ....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:45 pm

lotus_jp26 wrote:Thank You very much for your reply ... its definitely not free labour, it becomes extremely difficult to take good care of the baby under strict deadlines, and the care at the nursery is not that great..your answer cleared many of my doubts..thanks a lot ....
If you are bringing your aunt over to take care of your child instead of using a nursery then that is against the terms of a visitor visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.