ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding the evidence ...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

Finding the evidence ...

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:09 pm

... to satisfy for visa approval.

Im looking into applying for a spouse visa maybe this time next year (my partner and i are gettin married next month), but im starting to wonder how i can prove the contact we have efficiently...

- there are cheaper pay as you go tariffs in Jamaica to call landlines here so he tends to top his phone and call me ... but with PAYG there is no record of the call being made
- also many conversations take place via msn or facebook
- we havent sent anything by post except him sending me pics (we're in our early 20s and i guess the convenience and cost effectiveness of the internet is alot more appealing)

Although we do have proof of contact im not sure its sufficient: proof of calls on my part recently have been limited to a few minutes as i call straight from my mobile (contract) sometimes. I have made calls from an access number with my landline but not since June/July.

I guess im thinking since i have another year before applying if we should perhaps make contact more via letter or in a more 'traceable' way.

All this thinking about how to conduct the relationship to prove its genuine defeats the object of immigration cracking down on fake marriages!!
:roll:

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Congratulations on your intended marriage.
I think its a great idea looking into these things before marriage. My spouse and I only started after we got married and its taking months to sort out all proofs documents etc. Just keep browsing the forum and reading, make a list of the docs you need sorted out and start working on getting them.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Finding the evidence ...

Post by ElenaW » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 am

SoHopeful wrote:... to satisfy for visa approval.

Im looking into applying for a spouse visa maybe this time next year (my partner and i are gettin married next month), but im starting to wonder how i can prove the contact we have efficiently...

- there are cheaper pay as you go tariffs in Jamaica to call landlines here so he tends to top his phone and call me ... but with PAYG there is no record of the call being made
- also many conversations take place via msn or facebook
- we havent sent anything by post except him sending me pics (we're in our early 20s and i guess the convenience and cost effectiveness of the internet is alot more appealing)

Although we do have proof of contact im not sure its sufficient: proof of calls on my part recently have been limited to a few minutes as i call straight from my mobile (contract) sometimes. I have made calls from an access number with my landline but not since June/July.

I guess im thinking since i have another year before applying if we should perhaps make contact more via letter or in a more 'traceable' way.

All this thinking about how to conduct the relationship to prove its genuine defeats the object of immigration cracking down on fake marriages!!
:roll:
Do you have any photos of you both together? Save your msn and facebook chatlogs and those are fine too. Making contact via letters is quite outdated. Most people send proof of emails, phone logs and a few pictures.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:09 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
Do you have any photos of you both together? Save your msn and facebook chatlogs and those are fine too. Making contact via letters is quite outdated. Most people send proof of emails, phone logs and a few pictures.
Yes we have photos and will have many more for the wedding and in general as i will be in JA for a month.

How much proof is sufficient with regards to msn conversations? When he had access to the internet we spoke almost everyday. I was thinking perhaps one copy of a conversation per week since we met.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:16 pm

chesstar87 wrote:Congratulations on your intended marriage.
I think its a great idea looking into these things before marriage. My spouse and I only started after we got married and its taking months to sort out all proofs documents etc. Just keep browsing the forum and reading, make a list of the docs you need sorted out and start working on getting them.
Thank You :D

Yes we have looked into this carefully. I would love to move to Jamaica but it just isnt possible right now as i have secured a tenancy with a local housing association after waiting almost 3 years and i have a child from a previous relationship who is attending a primary school. I am also about to embark on a career in social work so moving to another country with so much going on for me here is out of the question for the moment. We came to the decision for him to come here but i have to admit im quite disheartened already just by reading through posts here and elsewhere. But hopefully who ever assesses us will believe our relationship is genuine. Neither of us have money to waste on a visa application that will be refused due to lack of preparation so yes i thought it would be best to look up requirements from now. I think it will take us about a year to get ourselves together financially so i am hoping next xmas or new yr 2011 we can expect to be together....

But yes i will definately keep an eye on the boards.

Would it be wise to follow the boards of applicants from the same country or does it not matter?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:01 pm

SoHopeful wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
Yes we have photos and will have many more for the wedding and in general as i will be in JA for a month.

How much proof is sufficient with regards to msn conversations? When he had access to the internet we spoke almost everyday. I was thinking perhaps one copy of a conversation per week since we met.
I think one per week is a bit too much if you stretch it out over a year. Unless you just print out the logs that say the date and time and just a few actual conversations. The ECO doesn't want to read through so many conversations.