ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation and certification of indian marriage certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tintin04
Newly Registered

Translation and certification of indian marriage certificate

Post by tintin04 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 pm

I am an Indian and currently in UK on a work permit and plan to apply for schengen visa for self and wife. My Indian marriage certificate is in a local language and the schengen visa requires the same to be translated officially in English and then certified by Indian consulate in UK. How do I go about doing this? Does the consulate normally provide translation services? Do share your views.

Thanks,

Tintin

stmellon

Re: Translation and certification of indian marriage certifi

Post by stmellon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 pm

tintin04 wrote:I am an Indian and currently in UK on a work permit and plan to apply for schengen visa for self and wife. My Indian marriage certificate is in a local language and the schengen visa requires the same to be translated officially in English and then certified by Indian consulate in UK. How do I go about doing this? Does the consulate normally provide translation services? Do share your views.

Thanks,

Tintin
Most probably, the Indian embassy would be able to arrange this. When we needed a Chinese translation of our English wedding certificate we got it from the Chinese Consulate in Manchester

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm

I just had a quick look on the Consular section Indian High Commission website and I think this is the service that you require:
c) Documents issued by Indian Authorities

Birth, Death, Marriage and Educational Certificates etc. issued by the Indian authorities in India can also be attested by the Indian High Commission provided the same have been authenticated by the Consular Section of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Patiala House, New Delhi-110001 or Branch Secretariat of Ministry of External Affairs, Kolkata. Click here more
http://hcilondon.in/counslateservice1.php

seraulu1
Newly Registered

''Newbie''

Post by seraulu1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi,

wow really that's good,and helpful thanks for that,that's a good help for us!!!!!thanks for that again,and by the way i am newbie to these forum and i apologize for my bad English too hope you understand it!!

Thanks for that again stage hypnosis training

mukta
Newly Registered

Re: Translation and certification of indian marriage certifi

Post by mukta » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:03 pm

hi,
I am an Indian,now in UK, planning to apply schengen visa from France for me and my husband. Our marriage certificate is in Indian regional language. We have translated it in India ( Pune ) while applying for Uk visa.
Now we have attested same translation from Indian Consulate, Birmingham.
Will it work? please guide us.

Thanks,
Mukta