ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

want to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BoltonGB
Newly Registered

want to apply for ILR

Post by BoltonGB » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:50 am

hi friends,
got few question but lemme tell u the situation 1st.
1.i m on spouse visa, extended spouse visa, (thats my 3rd year n almost 6 months now)my wife she is a house wife now, we have a 1 kid of 21 months and we are expecting another baby as well.

2.6 months back i lost my job due to economical problem in automobile industry and we been on benefits for around 3 months, which is already stopped and i m back on my job now,

3. i m still recieving child tax credit, child benefits, and working tax credit.
working tax credit and child tax credit i think these are on my name and child benefits is on my wife's name, 80 pound,

now again i m preparing my English test and want to apply for ILR so i just want your suggestion,and few questions i want to ask
1, can i apply now? or shall i wait for more 4 months, i mean 2 month b4 the visa's expiry date
2.we were on benefits , so does that make any problem?
3.and about child benefits, working tax credits and child tax credit. that comes in benefit list?
4.and when the new rules gonna take effect.?

BoltonGB
Newly Registered

help me plz

Post by BoltonGB » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:13 pm

any body home????

goody09

Post by goody09 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi there,

So you are on spouse visa, and due to the economical problems you had to get some public funds, were these funds on your name or your wifes name, it seems you are in troubles, as you should not have had any access to any public funds, you should not apply for ILR now as they will get the money and refuse your application, the new rules will apply on july 2011 as far as I know,

BoltonGB
Newly Registered

Post by BoltonGB » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:51 pm

thanx 4 reply mate,
well as i m not suppose to receive these benefits so them were on my wife's name. and working tax credit n child tax credit is a joint account, and about these we had been advised by citizen advise beaureu that we can take working tax credit n child tax credit, n about housing benefit they said that my wife can apply for it not me, so i didn't.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Then it appears as if you don't have a problem regarding the benefits.
Once you have passed the Life in the UK test you can apply for ILR without waiting for the end of your current visa extension. ILR for a spouse is very rarely refused for financial reasons.
One tip...when you're taking the Life test, you can choose to listen to the questions through head phones at the same time as reading the computer screen.
Good luck.