ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reference number for In-person applications?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MJNair

Reference number for In-person applications?

Post by MJNair » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi, I got my Tier 1 extension done via same day appoinment through an agency. When I got back my documents, I could not see any approval letter like the one you get in case of postal applications with the reference number.
Does the HO issue a reference number for In-person applications?

vks

Re: Reference number for In-person applications?

Post by vks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:25 pm

MJNair wrote:Hi, I got my Tier 1 extension done via same day appoinment through an agency. When I got back my documents, I could not see any approval letter like the one you get in case of postal applications with the reference number.
Reference number is to track your application for Visa, until you receive one!
Regards,
vks

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks vks.
I will have to go for another extension to complete my 5 years here for ILR.
As per the current application forms I have to fill in previous home office reference numbers and so I would like to get hold of it.

vks

Post by vks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:07 pm

MJNair wrote:Thanks vks.
I will have to go for another extension to complete my 5 years here for ILR.
As per the current application forms I have to fill in previous home office reference numbers (if known) and so I would like to get hold of it.
Regards,
vks

mah

Re: Reference number for In-person applications?

Post by mah » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:38 am

MJNair wrote:Hi, I got my Tier 1 extension done via same day appoinment through an agency. When I got back my documents, I could not see any approval letter like the one you get in case of postal applications with the reference number.
how could you get same day appointment? how much usually does it cost? I have appied via post. I want to see does it worth to withdraw and apply via same day appointment

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks Vks.

Mah, I got my application fast tracked through a solicitor.
They charged me 250 extra to make the same day application in addition to the solicitor fees.
I have to travel in the 1st week of december. Hence I went for the fast track service.
You have to see if the extra money is worth it. (200 pounds extra in fees + fees to get the appointment which can range from 100 to 250).
Besides, even with solicitors, there is a wait to get the appointment date.
Since you have already sent your application and these days I guess the postal applications are coming back in 3 weeks so you may not want to withdraw it.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 am

MJNair wrote:Thanks Vks.

They charged me 250 extra to make the same day application in addition to the solicitor fees.
I have to travel in the 1st week of december. Hence I went for the fast track service.
You have to see if the extra money is worth it. (200 pounds extra in fees + fees to get the appointment which can range from 100 to 250).

Besides, you will do all the work for the solicitor

Since you have already sent your application and these days I guess the postal applications are coming back in 3 weeks so you may not want to withdraw it.
Regards,
vks

mah

Post by mah » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 am

But It is now 5 weeks and even I have not received my Reference No.!!!!

mah

Post by mah » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:45 am

MJNair wrote:Thanks Vks.

How Much is solicitor fee? Can we ask them for getting us the same day appointment and we pay just for this?

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:47 pm

The solicitor fees alone is 350- 900 pounds for representing you. Then, in certain cases there could be additonal fees (100 - 250) to book the same day appointment for you. Would depend on the solicitor that you are going with.

Did you write to the HO asking for the reference letter?
Do you have confirmation (like with royal mail tracking number) that your application has reached the HO?

You can check the OISC registered solicitors near you in the OISC website.
IF you want to know the solicitors I got my extension through, let me know and I will PM you.

mah

Post by mah » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 am

MJNair wrote:The solicitor fees alone is 350- 900 pounds for representing you. Then, in certain cases there could be additonal fees (100 - 250) to book the same day appointment for you. Would depend on the solicitor that you are going with.

Did you write to the HO asking for the reference letter?
Do you have confirmation (like with royal mail tracking number) that your application has reached the HO?

You can check the OISC registered solicitors near you in the OISC website.
IF you want to know the solicitors I got my extension through, let me know and I will PM you.
Dear MJNair,

Many thanks for your info. I sent email for my ref no no reply. I called them again they just said I should wait and didn't give my ref No.
I sent my application by courier so they receved it and debited my account.
Really worried but will wait one more week to see if I receive any news.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:48 am

Mah, Have you heard anything about your visa from the HO?