ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fingerprint checks at the border

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

fingerprint checks at the border

Post by push » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:57 pm

New Announcement: From 30 November 2009, the UK Border Agency is introducing fingerprint checks at the border for passengers with biometric UK visas, entry clearances and identity cards for foreign nationals (ICFNs).
On arrival in the United Kingdom, these passengers will have their fingerprints scanned at border control in addition to the normal checks that take place. These will then be checked against the fingerprints the passenger gave with their application.
The purpose of these checks is to verify that the individual entering the United Kingdom is the same person who gave their biometrics when they applied for their visa, entry clearance or ICFN. Using fingerprints enables us to do this with greater certainty.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: fingerprint checks at the border

Post by mvent00 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:54 pm

push wrote:New Announcement: From 30 November 2009, the UK Border Agency is introducing fingerprint checks at the border for passengers with biometric UK visas, entry clearances and identity cards for foreign nationals (ICFNs).
On arrival in the United Kingdom, these passengers will have their fingerprints scanned at border control in addition to the normal checks that take place. These will then be checked against the fingerprints the passenger gave with their application.
The purpose of these checks is to verify that the individual entering the United Kingdom is the same person who gave their biometrics when they applied for their visa, entry clearance or ICFN. Using fingerprints enables us to do this with greater certainty.
Great, so ladies (and of course some men) coming to UK should be very careful while printing different colours on their hands :roll: . It could lead them into unnecessary trouble.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Push,
I think you should post this message in all forums, as it is not only related with Tier 1 persons but also with all who are coming to UK.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:32 am

mvent00 wrote:
Great, so ladies (and of course some men) coming to UK should be very careful while printing different colours on their hands :roll: . It could lead them into unnecessary trouble.

The scanners go on the pattern and ridges on your fingers. Painting them different colours shouldn't make a difference.

Think of your fingers as a landscape with the swirls and "Fingerprints" being mountains. You could dump a load of giant brown paint over the mountains but you'd still be able to see them.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 am

Vanadil wrote:
mvent00 wrote:

The scanners go on the pattern and ridges on your fingers. Painting them different colours shouldn't make a difference.

Think of your fingers as a landscape with the swirls and "Fingerprints" being mountains. You could dump a load of giant brown paint over the mountains but you'd still be able to see them.
Well explained, but I am sorry I do not agree with this, please see this link.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 am

mvent00 wrote:Hi Push,
I think you should post this message in all forums, as it is not only related with Tier 1 persons but also with all who are coming to UK.
Agree- will do
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:42 pm

What about those of us who haven't given the fingerprint scans at the time of visa extension?
I had plans of mehendi in my next visit to India!

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:14 pm

mvent00 wrote:
Vanadil wrote:
mvent00 wrote:

Well explained, but I am sorry I do not agree with this, please see this link.
Hmm that is very suprising. I assume it goes with a digital image of the print and analyses that then rather than a detailed scan.

Damn you UKBA!!!!

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:26 pm

why too many look-alike people in the UK lol..
________
Dutch Cooking
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Vanadil wrote: Hmm that is very suprising. I assume it goes with a digital image of the print and analyses that then rather than a detailed scan.
Damn you UKBA!!!!
Yeah, that surprised me too. I have implemented a finger print recognition solutions which can see through the decoration, grease etc. and accurately register attendance of all employees. Not sure why UKBA doesn't implement that? Or may be they are trying to take extra caution to get clear scans.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:49 pm

mvent00 wrote:
push wrote:New Announcement: From 30 November 2009, the UK Border Agency is introducing fingerprint checks at the border for passengers with biometric UK visas, entry clearances and identity cards for foreign nationals (ICFNs).

BEautiful design