ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions by Immigration at Heathrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bangmatrix
Newly Registered

Questions by Immigration at Heathrow

Post by bangmatrix » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi All!

I will be travelling to UK on a Tier-1 (General) from India. Would like to know the kind of questions asked by the Immigration desk at Heathrow airport to Tier-1 holders. I have quit my job here and will be searching for a job after reaching UK.

Any tips in this regard will be immensely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

vks

Re: Questions by Immigration at Heathrow

Post by vks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:25 pm

bangmatrix wrote:Hi All!

I will be travelling to UK on a Tier-1 (General) from India. Would like to know the kind of questions asked by the Immigration desk at Heathrow airport to Tier-1 holders. I have quit my job here and will be searching for a job after reaching UK.

Thanks in advance.
What is your intent of coming to UK?

Where will you be staying?

These are some questions, you should be ready to answer...
Regards,
vks

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:56 pm

vks wrote:

Thanks in advance.
- what can be the appropriate answer here - work or for settling down there (since this one is not a temp. visa, i think)

- hotel or rented accommodation ? is there a need to take such papers as hotel bookings n stuff in advance ? since when someone lands down there it will be hotel as the easiest way or some friends place etc.

what can be a good answer in this case ?

Do they check the balance we have in bank or statements or cash amount at hand while travelling --- what can be the amount of cash to carry if u are a single person ?

Also are Indian credit cards a good thing to carry - will they work there ?

Thanks all..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:08 pm

mno2uk wrote:
vks wrote:

Thanks in advance.
- what can be the appropriate answer here - work or for settling down there (since this one is not a temp. visa, i think)

- hotel or rented accommodation ? is there a need to take such papers as hotel bookings n stuff in advance ? since when someone lands down there it will be hotel as the easiest way or some friends place etc.

what can be a good answer in this case ?

Do they check the balance we have in bank or statements or cash amount at hand while travelling --- what can be the amount of cash to carry if u are a single person ?

Also are Indian credit cards a good thing to carry - will they work there ?

Thanks all..
If you are telling the truth, there is nothing like a good or bad answers to such questions.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

bangmatrix
Newly Registered

Thank you very much!

Post by bangmatrix » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:45 am

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the probable questions (and answers :) ).

Cheers!

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 am

finger Prints will be taken for all passengers who are comming in to UK at airports who have undergone biometrics test while applying to visa, to make sure that same person is entering UK