ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application made after visa expired (T 4 Student)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryann
Newly Registered

Application made after visa expired (T 4 Student)

Post by ryann » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:06 am

Guys, i made an application 27 days late after my visa expired. The reason that i delayed my application was that I could not get my documents ready before the expire date. Is there any chance that i can get my visa extended? Or the home office just simply refuse my application without checking my documents? Any success stories under this situation?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:33 am

No, yes, no.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Application made after visa expired (T 4 Student)

Post by ElenaW » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:10 am

ryann wrote:Guys, i made an application 27 days late after my visa expired. The reason that i delayed my application was that I could not get my documents ready before the expire date. Is there any chance that i can get my visa extended? Or the home office just simply refuse my application without checking my documents? Any success stories under this situation?
I think you may have to go back to your country and apply for another student visa. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 pm

ryann wrote:Guys, i made an application 27 days late after my visa expired. The reason that i delayed my application was that I could not get my documents ready before the expire date. Is there any chance that i can get my visa extended? Or the home office just simply refuse my application without checking my documents? Any success stories under this situation?
umm you might as well just withdraw your application, get your passport and go back to your country and apply there again.

I don't think you quite realise the seriousness of the situation, you now have this imaginary "black mark" against your name now with the UKBA. You'd be lucky not to get some kind of ban from the country. Also you must now know that whenever you apply for a uk visa anywhere in the world or when you try to enter the UK (as a visitor), you will be scrutinsed in every single way to make sure you don't overstay again. Also if you had the 10 year ILR route in mind, your overstay means that any previous residence time is now lost. you must start again if you want the 10 year ILR.

it's a pity you didn't know.

ryann
Newly Registered

Post by ryann » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 pm

So i really dont have chance to get it renewed anyway ?

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:02 pm

ryann wrote:So i really dont have chance to get it renewed anyway ?
you can try till they make a decision but I am almost certain they will reject you.

The longer you stay, the more serious it gets. If I was you, I would withdraw, get my passport and book the next available flight back.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

lolz

sorcer
Newly Registered

Post by sorcer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 pm

You committed an extremely serious offense - you OVERSTAYED your visa. As long as you did not provide any proofs that you overstayed for a REALLY SERIOUS REASON (e.g. you were in the hospital and PHYSICALLY were not able to leave the country, etc) - there is 99% probability of the rejection.

I don't really get why you submitted you passport in-country? The best idea was to leave the country and submit the documents to the UK Embassy in you home country.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 pm

When you get refused, you will not have the right of appeal or administrative review as you did not have a valid leave when you applied. They will keep your passport and when you leave the country, they will forward it to the port of exit (airport) and when you leave they will give it back to you.

This mainly to combat illegal immigrants to have been refused but do not leave. WHen they catch illegal immigrants, they already have a passport so they don't have to look for it.

Kashif Gulzar
Newly Registered

He is right

Post by Kashif Gulzar » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:15 am

you must have come back to the home country as they people are very serious about the overstayed people. please consult a solicater for a cross check