ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general dependent visa queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Tier1 general dependent visa queries

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:15 pm

hi,

my tier 1 G visa is valid till oct 2012, my wife recently got entry clearance but her visa is valid untill 4th july 2010. she is still in Pakistan but she will be here next month and i am planning to apply for her extension as soon she arives here in UK, my questions are

can she apply for her extension from uk in dec 09, keep in mind her visa will expire in july 2010? if yes do i need to provide any explanation for applying early in cover letter?

Can I as a main applicant pay her fees and fill the payment details with my card details on page 6?

Do i need to mention her previous sir name in Q B5 as she has changed her sir name after marriage? i mentioned this change in her entry clearance form.

In question D2 they asked where did the dependant obtain entry clearance? my wife applied for her entry clearance from Karachi, Pakistan but on her visa the place of issue is Abu Dhabi, so what should I write as country and city in form?

how much maintenance funds i need to show? I am in uk for more than 4 years, is it £533 or £ 800 + 533?

with this application do i need to send my job details like payslips , job letter?

also do i need to provide accommodation details like bills, tenancy agreement etc?

In question H4 and H5 they asked has the dependant ever been married or in a civil partnership? this is our first and last marriage so should i select No for both?

and lastly what sort of documents i need to attach with this extension application, please provide a summary of documents

many thanks

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 general dependent visa queries

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:09 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:hi,

my tier 1 G visa is valid till oct 2012, my wife recently got entry clearance but her visa is valid untill 4th july 2010. she is still in Pakistan but she will be here next month and i am planning to apply for her extension as soon she arives here in UK, my questions are

can she apply for her extension from uk in dec 09, keep in mind her visa will expire in july 2010? if yes do i need to provide any explanation for applying early in cover letter?

4 week before expiry - seniors may reply

Can I as a main applicant pay her fees and fill the payment details with my card details on page 6?

yes

Do i need to mention her previous sir name in Q B5 as she has changed her sir name after marriage? i mentioned this change in her entry clearance form.

In question D2 they asked where did the dependant obtain entry clearance? my wife applied for her entry clearance from Karachi, Pakistan but on her visa the place of issue is Abu Dhabi, so what should I write as country and city in form?

Karchi, Pakistan

how much maintenance funds i need to show? I am in uk for more than 4 years, is it £533 or £ 800 + 533?

with this application do i need to send my job details like payslips , job letter?

also do i need to provide accommodation details like bills, tenancy agreement etc?

In question H4 and H5 they asked has the dependant ever been married or in a civil partnership? this is our first and last marriage so should i select No for both?

What u think - if u have marriage certificate in english than u r married

and lastly what sort of documents i need to attach with this extension application, please provide a summary of documents

search forum

many thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 am

many thanks

What kind of visa did she get? If it is Tier 1 dependent visa, she should get the same expiry date as of yours. You can ask British High commission to change these visa expiry date in her passport, it would be of no cost.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13774537

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:20 pm

mvent00 wrote:
What kind of visa did she get? If it is Tier 1 dependent visa, she should get the same expiry date as of yours. You can ask British High commission to change these visa expiry date in her passport, it would be of no cost.
she got entry clearance visa and her visa type is tier 1 general dependent, unfortunately her entry clearance visa hasn't got the same validity as mine one, but i dont want to involve British high commission Pakistan again as it'll delayed her entry to UK, if there is anything done here in UK to correct this please let me know.

thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:03 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:
mvent00 wrote:
she got entry clearance visa and her visa type is tier 1 general dependent, unfortunately her entry clearance visa hasn't got the same validity as mine one, but i dont want to involve British high commission Pakistan again as it'll delayed her entry to UK, if there is anything done here in UK to correct this please let me know.

thanks
I think it will not take so long time as it is not a new application process, it is just the correction of a mistake. You can send an email to BHC Pakistan for this correction and see what is their response?

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:43 pm

mvent00 wrote:
tcpip_helper wrote:
mvent00 wrote:

thanks
I think it will not take so long time as it is not a new application process, it is just the correction of a mistake. You can send an email to BHC Pakistan for this correction and see what is their response?
unfortunately this is not an option as she has already booked her ticket and will be in UK next week.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Then after she comes to UK you can try to correct this mistake by HO. If it is not possible to do so, then apply for her extension visa with all the required documents discussed in this forum or mentioned on HO websites.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:18 pm

mvent00 wrote:Then after she comes to UK you can try to correct this mistake by HO. If it is not possible to do so, then apply for her extension visa with all the required documents discussed in this forum or mentioned on HO websites.
mvent thanks for your reply, thats what i intend to do i'll apply for her extension once she is here so can you please answer my queries i asked earlier in this thread.

thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 pm

YES, she can.. you can give it a go with adequate time incase keeping worst case senerio..

No explanation is required...

YES, she is ur dependent

I think NO because you already mentioned in the earlier EC and since then she did not change and Marriage certificate will support this

Karachi, Pakistan

NO they are not required..

Yes, what ever is available - Tenancy agreement or utility bills

YES go for NO for both

1. Maintenance Bankstatements
2. Marriage certificate
3. Tenancy or utility bills
4. Your current visa copy
5. Photos
6. application form
7. fees
8. cover letter....

many thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Great Ramesh, good job.., but it is too early for extension. Her visa expires in July 2010. HO recommends to apply one month before the expiry of visa.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:53 pm

mvent00 wrote:Great Ramesh, good job.., but it is too early for extension. Her visa expires in July 2010. HO recommends to apply one month before the expiry of visa.
Thanks mate..

But she is still in pakistan.. so it will not be till next year they will think to apply.. as it takes time to arrange docs..

HO 28days recommendation is in ideal case.. but as u might have seen HO does not treat the most of the cases from pakistan so straight forward and they keep nibbling out the time.. so seeing this it is better to apply well in advance.. so that incase of more queries or need to reapply the OP has time in his hand.. just to be cautious..

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:13 pm

guys thanks for your replies, yes we'll apply for the extension in January, please tell me is there any way i can ask home office to correct his mistake free of charge?