ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying British Citizenship directly?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

formulaonefan
Newly Registered

Applying British Citizenship directly?

Post by formulaonefan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Hello,

I wonder whether I can apply british citizenship directly via post rather then using nationality checking service? The appointment date I got for checking service is 22nd december. That's too long away. Is there any disadvantage or drawback applying directly?

Also rules for british citizenship are changing from early next year? could anyone point me to a link regarding the changes coming in early next year please?

thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Its totally your choice as to how you apply for naturalisation, NCS or directly by post.

No one exactly knows how the new system will work and you dont need to worry about it. if you make an application now then you will be judged on the current rules.

formulaonefan
Newly Registered

Post by formulaonefan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 pm

mrlookforward wrote:Its totally your choice as to how you apply for naturalisation, NCS or directly by post.

No one exactly knows how the new system will work and you dont need to worry about it. if you make an application now then you will be judged on the current rules.
Thanks for the info. Are there any disadvantages to applying directly rather then checking service? The advantages I see using checking service is:

1. They will take photocopy so we don't have to send originals etc
2. They will check all the documents for us.

But to wait until 22nd and it won't be until after christmas the home office will receive document. So it will be jan 10 by then.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:15 pm

you have answered all your questions yourselves.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:16 pm

You can use any NCS. It doesn't have to be the one nearest to you.

indianadr
United Kingdom

Post by indianadr » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Casa wrote:You can use any NCS. It doesn't have to be the one nearest to you.
Hi
You can use any county council office in UK, if they do NCS (not sure about NI)

Good Luck

Thanks
Mallik

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: Applying British Citizenship directly?

Post by joelondon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:44 pm

formulaonefan wrote:Hello,

I wonder whether I can apply british citizenship directly via post rather then using nationality checking service? The appointment date I got for checking service is 22nd december. That's too long away. Is there any disadvantage or drawback applying directly?

Also rules for british citizenship are changing from early next year? could anyone point me to a link regarding the changes coming in early next year please?

thanks
the new rules ,they wont come into force till June 2011 ...so its not next year ...good luck with your application

gg234

Re: Applying British Citizenship directly?

Post by gg234 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:15 pm

the new rules ,they wont come into force till June 2011 ...so its not next year ...good luck with your application
Seems to me July 2011 not in June