ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balak2

Doubt regarding Maintenance Funds

Post by balak2 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:32 pm

As for maintenance funds, I have been maintaining the maintenance funds £2800 since 01-SEPT-2009. I will be applying for my Tier1 from India in the first week of 2010 and will show the period from 01-OCT-09 to 01-JAN-2010.

My worry is that I deposited the required money on 01-SEPT-09 and was wondering if they would be asking more questions as to the source of the money and whether I need to supply any extra documents regarding this.

Also the policy guidance says, "that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been • in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter......"

immediately before the date of the letter - this phrase seems to be open-ended!!!

Has anybody had any experience in this regard? Please share your suggestions and advices. Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Doubt regarding Maintenance Funds

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:46 pm

balak2 wrote:As for maintenance funds, I have been maintaining the maintenance funds £2800 since 01-SEPT-2009. I will be applying for my Tier1 from India in the first week of 2010 and will show the period from 01-OCT-09 to 01-JAN-2010.

My worry is that I deposited the required money on 01-SEPT-09 and was wondering if they would be asking more questions as to the source of the money and whether I need to supply any extra documents regarding this.

No, you just need to provide either bank statements or a letter from the bank.

Also the policy guidance says, "that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been • in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter......"

immediately before the date of the letter - this phrase seems to be open-ended!!!

The letter would include: "you have maintained the balance for the period from 01-OCT-09 to 01-JAN-2010", plus that the balance immediately before the date of issucance of letter is ......., and it has never fallen below that level."

Immediately before the date of letter is normally the previous working day. Bank people normally do not issue the letter that the balance on today´s date is ....., because on today´s date you still can withdraw money from account (that´s what my bank manager told me). Some banks do not allow you to withdraw any money on the day of issucance of letter.

The most important thing is that the date of issuance of letter should not be more than one month before the date of your application.

Has anybody had any experience in this regard? Please share your suggestions and advices. Thanks

balak2

Post by balak2 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks. The reason why I had this doubt is because I am showing the same set of bank statements for maintenance funds and previous earnings. The caseworker might get curious about the sudden appearance of the funds.