ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Visa Expiring on 1st Dec'09-Can i still renew it?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panky29
Newly Registered

HSMP Visa Expiring on 1st Dec'09-Can i still renew it?

Post by panky29 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi Friends,

Yes, i have been super late in extending the HSMP Visa. The situation is that I have had HSMP Visa stamped on my passport since last 2 years but due to some personal reasons, I couldnt go there.

Just a week back, i have an offer to work in the UK and I want to use my HSMP visa. I am currently in India. Is there any possibility that I can extend the visa even now.

If yes, do i have to go to the VFS offices in india for extension or I have to send the application online.

Please do help... its very critical for me.

Thanks
Pankaj

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP Visa Expiring on 1st Dec'09-Can i still renew it?

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

panky29 wrote:Hi Friends,

Yes, i have been super late in extending the HSMP Visa. The situation is that I have had HSMP Visa stamped on my passport since last 2 years but due to some personal reasons, I couldnt go there.

Just a week back, i have an offer to work in the UK and I want to use my HSMP visa. I am currently in India. Is there any possibility that I can extend the visa even now.

If yes, do i have to go to the VFS offices in india for extension or I have to send the application online.

Thanks
Pankaj
Sorry to disappoint you. But i don't think. Better reapply.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:25 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Thanks
Pankaj
In terms of timeline, I think it's still ok, right? Theoretically, you could send out extension application one day before your expire day. But the thing is you don't have earnings in the uk, so you wont be able to claim enough points.

panky29
Newly Registered

Post by panky29 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:05 am

Thanks a lot for your posts..
I got you... are there any helping agencies you guys know of in India whom I can go to. i really want to try it as much as I can before giving up.

Pankaj

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:18 am

panky29 wrote:Thanks a lot for your posts..
I got you... are there any helping agencies you guys know of in India whom I can go to. i really want to try it as much as I can before giving up.

Pankaj
Only "helping agencies" could be the immigration lawyers but given your circumstances I dont know how much will they be able to help you
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:36 am

panky29 wrote:Thanks a lot for your posts..

Pankaj
It's not about giving up. It is about risking your money with impractical timelines and circumstances. Reapplying will be safer. You have to spend the same amount anyway(unless you are not qualifiting under new rules.).

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:03 pm

goodssb wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Thanks
Pankaj
In terms of timeline, I think it's still ok, right? Theoretically, you could send out extension application one day before your expire day. But the thing is you don't have earnings in the uk, so you wont be able to claim enough points.

if u have business or earning in iNDIA / OR ANY where else can be used for yr extn.

need smat acctn to sort it out

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:03 pm

I thought though that an uplift does not apply to overseas earnings at extsenion stage. This could effect how many points can be claimed.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 pm

PaperPusher wrote:I thought though that an uplift does not apply to overseas earnings at extsenion stage. This could effect how many points can be claimed.
Ho follows HMRC for consdering earning

panky29
Newly Registered

Post by panky29 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:09 am

Actually i don't qualify under the new rules. I am an MBA but its not recognized by the home office. So, even with my B.Tech and other decent income, I dont get the required points.
So, i think I will talk to the VFS guys in India today and seek their opinion. I will keep you guys posted about the developments..

Thanks
Pankaj

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:I thought though that an uplift does not apply to overseas earnings at extsenion stage. This could effect how many points can be claimed.
But HMRC does not apply an uplift to overseas earnings............

If you work in a country where an uplift is needed, it would be more likely that if it is a straight conversion someone would not be able to get enough points for an extension.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:08 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:
But HMRC does not apply an uplift to overseas earnings............

If you work in a country where an uplift is needed, it would be more likely that if it is a straight conversion someone would not be able to get enough points for an extension.

BUSINESS INCOME EARNED WORLDWIDE is taxed as per HMRC AND HO follows it.

any one need help on this I can help out .

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:48 pm

I just do not understand. If you apply for an extension in the UK, the guidance says that an uplift cannot be used for overseas earnings. I just do not understand what HMRC has got to do with it, because they do not apply an uplift.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:54 pm

PaperPusher wrote:I just do not understand. If you apply for an extension in the UK, the guidance says that an uplift cannot be used for overseas earnings. I just do not understand what HMRC has got to do with it, because they do not apply an uplift.

only interest earning or where applcnt work contribution is not there is only earnings are not considered , rest all earnings are considered

suppose i open a brach of my company n south africa all earnings are conted for extn.

suppose i do self employement business in germany , car parts slae are counted for etn.

this is acceptd rule of HMRC AND HO follows it

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:I just do not understand. If you apply for an extension in the UK, the guidance says that an uplift cannot be used for overseas earnings. I just do not understand what HMRC has got to do with it, because they do not apply an uplift.

only interest earning or where applcnt work contribution is not there is only earnings are not considered , rest all earnings are considered

suppose i open a brach of my company n south africa all earnings are conted for extn.

suppose i do self employement business in germany , car parts slae are counted for etn.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying, I mean can you put that in full sentences and plain English.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:55 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying, I mean can you put that in full sentences and plain English.

it is simple that all r eanings r counted except where appln personal work involvemnt is not there ex dividend , interest , rent etc

where applct work himself ,dividend from that company is counted for extn

still not clear than read guidelines

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Thanks, but just so there are no misunderstandings, please can you use full words, punctuation and so on because I do not think I totally understand you yet.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 am

I agree with PaperPusher.

Sushil, I admire the fact that you offer so much help to other members of this forum, I have personally gained a lot from your guidance.

That said, it would help immensely if you could put some more effort into your posts, and try not to use IM talk here.

When people are looking for guidance on complicated matters, the least they expect from someone is the use of simple and lucid language.

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, and this seems to be an opportune moment to put forth my thoughts on this.

No offence meant, just my 2 cents!

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!