ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hsmp Extension to Tier 1 application sent today

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mah

Hsmp Extension to Tier 1 application sent today

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Dear All,

I just sent my application forms for extension HSMP to Tier 1 with 2 dependents in the UK by DHL. Application fee 820 + 50 + 50 paid by Mastercard Credit card

I sent the form for myself page 1 to 66. I did not fill section 2 part C for foerin nationals. I said N/A I did not complete sections 3A and 3B.
I sent the dependent form for my wife pages 1 to 41. For section F I said N/A. I didn’t fill J5 and K4 onwards
I sent the dependent form for my kid pages 1 to 41. For section F I said N/A. I didn’t fill J5 and K4 onwards

Points claimed and documents sent (Also wrote the same as below in my cover letter)

1. Educational Background – 50 points claimed
The points were claimed in my HSMP visa before and qualification certificate was provided in my initial HSMP applications. However you can find again here:
- Original Certificate of PH.D award
- Certified Translation of PH.D. Certificate
- Original letter of comparability from NARIC which assessed and recognized my PH.D. Qualification

2. Past Earnings – 30 Points claimed
- 12 months Bank statements showing my salary and bonuses paid to my account by the company every months. Account No YYYYYYYY
- Original Pay Slips for 12 Months from 1 Oct 2008 to 1 Oct 2009
- Letter from Employer. The letter detailing my monthly gross salary and bonuses and the net amount paid for each month into my HSBC account

I explained here that my net salary is paid on the 24th of each month except in Dec 2008, Jan 2009 and May 2009 which they were paid on 19th Dec 08, 23rd Jan 09, and 22nd May 09. I highlighted these amounts in my bank statements by pencil and referred them to the related pages in the bank statements.
(Also I explained here that I am using another account (Saving account) and bank statements as evidence for maintenance funds to support myself and my two dependents.)

4. English Language – 10 points claimed
- Applicant is currently in the UK as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has previously satisfied the English Language requirement through IELTS Test Reports form XXXXXXXXXX – band x.x. However the original copy of this IELTS Report Form is enclosed.

5. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement – 10 points claimed
- Personal Saving Account Bank Statements ( Saving Account NO.XXXXXX) covering the period of 3 months (4th Jul to 3rd Oct 2009) for showing access to available funds to support myself (GBP 800.00) and my 2 dependents (2 x GBP 533.00). So the total amount should not be less than GBP 1866.00 for the whole 3 months.

- In addition, I am enclosing the updated bank statement dated 26 Oct 2009 for covering the period after 3rd Oct to 26 Oct 2009. All the statements show that the amount has not gone below GBP XXXX.XX for the 3 months before the lodgment of the application. I went to the HSBC bank this morning and got their temporary bank statement on their letter head. They did not stamp it for 3 to 26 Oct.

Again I explained here that I have enclosed Bank statements of my saving account which is different from those used for previous earnings to show the access to available funds to support myself and my family.

3. UK Experience – 5 points claimed
- the same documents used for past earnings

* Three Passports
- Passport of Myself (Passport No. 1111111111)
- Passport of My wife (Passport No. 22222222222222)
- Passport of My child (Passport No. 3333333333)

* Two Police Registration Certificate
- Police Registration Certificate of myself
- Police Registration Certificate of my wife

The Original Copy of Home Office approval of Initial HSMP application ref 222222 dated 00 Dec 0000

* Three Birth Certificates
- Original and Certified Translations of my birth certificate
- Original and Certified Translations of my wife’s birth certificate
- Original and Certified Translations of my daughter’s birth certificate

* Marriage Certificate
- Original and Certified Translation of My marriage Certificate

DO YOU THINK EVERYTHING IS OK !!!!

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Sorry I also sent 2 recent Identical photos for myself and dependents all full name on the back. put them in small envelope sealed it and attached by staple and pin to Section 2 of the main applicant application form.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Looks Good..

Presuming that all that you explained means

1. that you had the reqruired cover letters..
2. Trust you attached the PBS Summary sheets attached (if not dont worry)
3. Trust you attached RM SD envelop?? or did you ask them to send by courier..

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I sent a cover letter explained all the points I am claiming and the documents I am using to support.

Should I have sent the PBS Summery even when we have HSMP and apply for tier 1? I mean to go to all on line assessing and get the print? What is this for? I am a bit worried now?

Regarding the last one , do you mean how I want to get my documents back? I didn't say anything. I hope everything goes well with the Royal Post in the next couple of weeks.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey Mah,

The PBS summary sheet is a nice to have enclosure as right in the beginning the case-worker can understand your situation and knows what to expect in the documentation.

It is also a good idea to attach a self addressed special delivery envelope, as times have been turbulent with the Royal Mail lately, and reportedly special delivery is not affected by the strike.

However both the above are not mandatory, just nice to haves, so do not lose sleep over it :).

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Dear Ramesh,

Can the cover letter work as PBS Summery?

Can I arrange later for courier and ask the border Agency to send them to me?

I sent all my documents which was about 2 Kg in a box.

They will receive my documents tomorrow, shall I call my bank the day after for the payment? Do the Border agency get all the application fees 820+50+50 to gether or they will clear them separately. So I can advice bank accordingly in advance?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Dear Mah:

Dont worry about the PBS Summary sheet if you have not sent.. its not mandatory

Regarding the Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope - again not to worry abt it.. if you did not attach it.. HO will send ur docs by RM RD and the difference is that RD reaches 2-3days later than SD...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Mah:

Yes.. Cover letter can work as PBS dont worry

HO uses Royal Mail RD services and that is good and most of the applications come by that so dont worry abt it..

regarding payment, all the fees would be charged at a time so you shd advice ur back accordingly..

yadakishore
Newly Registered

Post by yadakishore » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi,

What is "Police Registration Certificate"?

Is it a mandatory document?

- Kishore

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Thanks Ramesh,

You know, I can not sleep well till I get my visa. Now waiting starts ....

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41 pm

I just found in my cover ltter I mistyped my phone number 68 insted of 86. Does it make a problem? :-(

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:43 pm

mah wrote:I just found in my cover ltter I mistyped my phone number 68 insted of 86. Does it make a problem? :-(
Trust you provided the contact details right in the application.. i think they take ur details from the Application than cover letter..

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Yes. I think I did.

vidya

link

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 pm

hi

all the best with ur tier 1 extension application.

please can you give me the link as to where to download the tier 1 extension application forms and guidance notes from - i have a copy of the guidance notes but mine are a few months old.

also , please can u tell me what are the photo specifications to mention at jessops - i cant find anything in guidance notes about this

thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Chill down and take rest now. You have provided more than the required evidences. Do not worry, everything would be fine. Good luck with your application.
mah wrote:Yes. I think I did.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: link

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:32 pm

vidya wrote:hi

please can you give me the link as to where to download the tier 1 extension application forms and guidance notes from - i have a copy of the guidance notes but mine are a few months old.

also , please can u tell me what are the photo specifications to mention at jessops - i cant find anything in guidance notes about this

thanks
You will find all the 3links at this place on the right for applying within UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

mah

Re: link

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:41 pm

vidya wrote:hi

thanks
Thanks. In the UK all know the required soecs for photos. I went to Jessops and they did it. charged GBP 7.99 per 4 photos.

When you go to the link Ramesh gave on the right hand side you will find the forms, gauidance and photo help. If you have dependents then on the left menue choose dependents and then find on the right the related forms.

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

mvent00 wrote:Chill down and take rest now. You have provided more than the required evidences. Do not worry, everything would be fine. Good luck with your application.
mah wrote:Yes. I think I did.
Thanks mvent00.

mah

Post by mah » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:09 pm

I have another question.

The expiry date of my current HSMP is May 2010. I applied today it means 7 months earlier. I didn't write anything in my covering letter. Should I have explained why I applied earlier? Anyone here applied as early as me?

Regards,

mah

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:26 pm

mah wrote:I have another question.

The expiry date of my current HSMP is May 2010. I applied today it means 7 months earlier. I didn't write anything in my covering letter. Should I have explained why I applied earlier? Anyone here applied as early as me?

Regards,

mah
To be honest, this is a grey area and result of which is unpredictable. People have received approval/extension by applying 6-7 months in advance.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm

thanks mah and ramesh for the prompt reply.

mah

Re: Hsmp Extension to Tier 1 application sent today

Post by mah » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

mah wrote:Dear All,

I just sent my application forms for extension HSMP to Tier 1 with 2 dependents in the UK by DHL. Application fee 820 + 50 + 50 paid by Mastercard Credit card

I sent the form for myself page 1 to 66. I did not fill section 2 part C for foerin nationals. I said N/A I did not complete sections 3A and 3B.
I sent the dependent form for my wife pages 1 to 41. For section F I said N/A. I didn’t fill J5 and K4 onwards
I sent the dependent form for my kid pages 1 to 41. For section F I said N/A. I didn’t fill J5 and K4 onwards

Points claimed and documents sent (Also wrote the same as below in my cover letter)

1. Educational Background – 50 points claimed
The points were claimed in my HSMP visa before and qualification certificate was provided in my initial HSMP applications. However you can find again here:
- Original Certificate of PH.D award
- Certified Translation of PH.D. Certificate
- Original letter of comparability from NARIC which assessed and recognized my PH.D. Qualification

2. Past Earnings – 30 Points claimed
- 12 months Bank statements showing my salary and bonuses paid to my account by the company every months. Account No YYYYYYYY
- Original Pay Slips for 12 Months from 1 Oct 2008 to 1 Oct 2009
- Letter from Employer. The letter detailing my monthly gross salary and bonuses and the net amount paid for each month into my HSBC account

I explained here that my net salary is paid on the 24th of each month except in Dec 2008, Jan 2009 and May 2009 which they were paid on 19th Dec 08, 23rd Jan 09, and 22nd May 09. I highlighted these amounts in my bank statements by pencil and referred them to the related pages in the bank statements.
(Also I explained here that I am using another account (Saving account) and bank statements as evidence for maintenance funds to support myself and my two dependents.)

4. English Language – 10 points claimed
- Applicant is currently in the UK as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has previously satisfied the English Language requirement through IELTS Test Reports form XXXXXXXXXX – band x.x. However the original copy of this IELTS Report Form is enclosed.

5. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement – 10 points claimed
- Personal Saving Account Bank Statements ( Saving Account NO.XXXXXX) covering the period of 3 months (4th Jul to 3rd Oct 2009) for showing access to available funds to support myself (GBP 800.00) and my 2 dependents (2 x GBP 533.00). So the total amount should not be less than GBP 1866.00 for the whole 3 months.

- In addition, I am enclosing the updated bank statement dated 26 Oct 2009 for covering the period after 3rd Oct to 26 Oct 2009. All the statements show that the amount has not gone below GBP XXXX.XX for the 3 months before the lodgment of the application. I went to the HSBC bank this morning and got their temporary bank statement on their letter head. They did not stamp it for 3 to 26 Oct.

Again I explained here that I have enclosed Bank statements of my saving account which is different from those used for previous earnings to show the access to available funds to support myself and my family.

3. UK Experience – 5 points claimed
- the same documents used for past earnings

* Three Passports
- Passport of Myself (Passport No. 1111111111)
- Passport of My wife (Passport No. 22222222222222)
- Passport of My child (Passport No. 3333333333)

* Two Police Registration Certificate
- Police Registration Certificate of myself
- Police Registration Certificate of my wife

The Original Copy of Home Office approval of Initial HSMP application ref 222222 dated 00 Dec 0000

* Three Birth Certificates
- Original and Certified Translations of my birth certificate
- Original and Certified Translations of my wife’s birth certificate
- Original and Certified Translations of my daughter’s birth certificate

* Marriage Certificate
- Original and Certified Translation of My marriage Certificate

DO YOU THINK EVERYTHING IS OK !!!!
Dear Friends ,
as you know i sent my 3 months original statement which was less than one month old. but to be on the safe side I got an updated temporary statement from the bank on their letter head but they did not stamp or sign it and I sent it with the 3 months original statement.

My next month original statement came after 10 days and I waited for my ref no to come to send it to my caseworker to replace the temporary one, I have n't got my ref no yet after 5 weeks so I sent the last statment today to the sheffield address giving my details.
hope they can add it to my application

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 am

hi Mah,

To be on safe side u sent it by m nt sure how will they update those statment. But do u know by any chance y is ur visa taking so long. Whenever thing is fine u shud b getting it ASAP. SO please dnt worry.

mah

Post by mah » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 am

Duvvuri wrote:hi Mah,

To be on safe side u sent it by m nt sure how will they update those statment. But do u know by any chance y is ur visa taking so long. Whenever thing is fine u shud b getting it ASAP. SO please dnt worry.
Thanks Duvvuri. I really do not know why it took so long. maybe because I applied 6.5 months earlier than my expiry!!
They have one original 3 months statment. They have one 23day temporary update statement. yesterday I sent the latest original one month statement that covers and maps the 23 days in the temporary statement.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:46 am

deleted
Third World Traveller