ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PPra

EC rejected

Post by PPra » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:31 pm

I applied for EC to BHC (New Delhi) though VFS on 23 Nov,2005. I got the courier back today 25 Nov, 2005 with the rejection letter stating that the ECO is satisfied from their document verification report that there is a high degree of probability that the employment letter provided by me is not a genuine document.

I am a Senior Manager with more than 4 years of senior level management experience. I Got my HSMP(under Twentry Eight Years) approval letter dated 25th August, 2005 on the basis of these very documents.

I hear from my office receptionist that there was a call from the British Embassy embassy asking details about me. She says she replied well except that she didnt knew how long i had been working in this company and for how long did i work in the other sister concern of this company in which i had worked earlier in a junior position as a software developer and consultant. This sister concern is based in the same building as my current . Since she was not sure about my old company she refused to give any details about the old company and that she did not have much clue about that company.

I had attached the appointment letters of both the companies. Both the letters are genuine. My application also has experience certificates and salary certificates.

I am clueless about what could have gone wrong and why did they say that my document is incorrect, whereas they are absolutely genuine and correct.

What should I do now. Should I reapply? Can i Reapply as 3 months time under the HSMP letter has passed? Can I ask for an interview with the concrened visa officer so that I can show them the proofs of their genuiness? or Should I send them all the documents that proove them to be correct to the concerned visa officer? What is the possibility of my visa application to be reconsidered under the HSMP category itself? Can i get my HSMP date extended and reapply for the EC?

PPra

Awaiting suggestion!

Post by PPra » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:17 am

Dear all Members and Moderators,

Can anyone please advise me as to what should I do to proove my honesty!

I have stated all correct facts and all my supporting documents are genuine and correct.

Please!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:25 am

It is less than 15 hours since you posted your message and that time includes overnight here in the UK! Posting messages like that will get your messages zapped!

Anyway, I think you should appeal and also with that appeal supply further evidence from the employer about the genuineness of your employment documentation.
John

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:41 pm

I agree with John, you should appeal.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

AxA
Newly Registered

Post by AxA » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:15 am

I thought you would not need an employment letter for EC. HSMP approval letter would be enough. Though, I am not sure about New Delhi, I got my EC in Bucharest - I needen't anything else except the HSMP approval letter. In any case, you should not send more than is required.

Regards,
A.

rehan786
Newly Registered

Post by rehan786 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:11 am

I agree as well you should appeal.

funmilola

Appeal

Post by funmilola » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:49 am

Dear John et all,

I would like to find out how effective the appeal process is. the turn around time etc.

Has any other HSMP candidate appealed against their entry clearance decision. Please tell us the outcome.

Thanks

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:12 am

the appeal process is long
between 4-6 months and sometimes longer.
I know quite a number of applicants have their decision overturned by appealing but it all depends on the presentation of the appeal.
so you appeal and keep ur fingers crossed and continue llife till a decision is reached on the appeal
My bow has been renewed

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:18 pm

4-6 months for Entry Clearance appeal seems too long...

Just to be sure, check UKVisas Global Statistic 2004-05, (Sorry, dont have the link here, but shouldnt be hard to find, use google). There you will find the performance levels and %.

Good Luck!

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:34 pm

The appeals processing times in New Delhi are same as for normal VISA. Your right to appeal and the duration within which you can appeal should be mentioned on your rejection letter.
You should get a latest letter prepared by your company stating that the sister concern is a valid concern and that you have been employed for xx duration in the sister concern and xx duration in your current organisation @ such-n-such post earning xxx amount of salary. In a covering letter mention that you are aware that the enquiry went to your orgn but the concerned person spoke to the receptionist as opposed to a responsible HR person hence the confusion. Just make sure the wording is polite and non-offensive.

Just to be on the safe side you can also go with your passport and papers to the visa office in saf enclave and take advice on what to do.

Good Luck
Mini

PPra

Post by PPra » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:58 pm

Dear All, Mini, John

Thanks very much indeed for all your suggestions and supports.

Mini, Thanks for giving this draft of the letter as well.

I indeed got the letters prepared from my employer with almost the same words as mentioned in your draft. Rather he has given me the letters for both of my engagements. He even attested under his stamp and signature, the photocopies of my employment letters that I had sent with the visa application, with the words that they are absolutely true and correct as per the records of the company. The letter given by him also state the same in addition to my employment positions and their durations. Letters also have the brief profile of the companies like details of its incorporation, registration number, objectives as per the Memorandum and Articles of Association, Business profile, some clients, and alliances of the company.

I drafted a polite and detailed covering letter and collected several documents as evidences in support of the existance and address of the companies, their IT business, proof of my employment here like copies of letters sent and received by me over the past five years, invoices/ bills signed by me, agreements, photographs of the office, newspaper articles about me and our company and many more.... The evidences collected were more than 90 different documents from past five years, I clubbed them under 31 different points in support of my employments at both the companies and sent them to the concerned visa officer along with the dully filled appeal form.

I sent them on Dec 1, 2005.

But before sending the appeal form, I had also written an email to the visa office requesting for more details about the rejections as it was not very clear as to which of the teo appointment letters was the visa officer rerfereing in the refusal letter. I had even requested to reconsider their decision.

I got the reply through ordinay post on 8th Dec. The reply was written by another visa officer. The visa office wrote that they had again seen the report and in the report it is mentioned that the "Checks" made by them, make them believe what they are believing. Thus clearly hinting to the "telephone check", however not giving any information about "which of the two employment letters?". The letter finally suggested me to appeal if i so desired. Which I have already done.

"The letter also states that I can again put a fresh application any time and in the interest of natural justice, it will be delt with by a different visa officer this time."

WHAT DO I DO NOW? My HSMP letter says I must "apply" for the visa within 3 months of the HSMP approval letter. Which i indeed did and which was rejected, to which I have appealed. However I notice that The HSMP approval letter does not say that I "must get the visa within 3 months of the letter", so will my reapplication be considered even after 3 months have passed? I feel it should be, as even when they will consider my appeal, they would be considering my case after 3 months of HSMP approval letter. If they can consider the appeal, why not a visa re-application in the interest of natural justice, specially when I will be paying the visa-application fee again.

Mini, however this time I will take your advice and apply directly at the Visa office in delhi, I will go with all the documents to the saf enclave, take their advice and act accordingly and re-apply if they so advice.

Thanks very much once agian to you and everyone.

PP