ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vtwo
Newly Registered

Registration

Post by vtwo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi all,

I have to do registration for my child (MN1) but home office says it will take up to 3 months time to get it done . however i heard if you go through solicitor it can be done fast . any idea bout it ? how much it will cost and how long it wil take to get the registration done? I have to apply for the passport as well after that.(we are planing for our holidays in March)

please let me know if you have an answer.

Kind regards

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Currently the fees for the MN1 is £460. Usually it takes in very straightforward cases somewhere about three to five weeks. And another two weeks for the British Passport.

Hope it helps.
KESH

vtwo
Newly Registered

Post by vtwo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks for your reply Kesh.

do you think if i go through the solicitor i can get it on the same day? if then how much it wil cost any idea please?

Regards

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:16 pm

vtwo wrote:Thanks for your reply Kesh.

do you think if i go through the solicitor i can get it on the same day? if then how much it wil cost any idea please?

Regards
Unfortunatelly you can not get it done on premium service. Has to be by post. Do not waste your money on solicitor it is a very easy process. My uncle recieved his son's in three weeks.

good luck.
KESH

pat grey
Newly Registered

MNI

Post by pat grey » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm

A friend has apply for a registration under MN1 for her child, today she got a letter from the home office, but the ref is

Type of Appliaction : MN1+ MIF

she will like to know if anyone know the meaning of MIF? Please...

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Kesh is right. I applied for my daughter some months ago and it only took 18 days from submission to receipt of the certificate. Don't waste your money on solicitors. It is fast and straightforward.

vtwo
Newly Registered

Post by vtwo » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 am

donpetuchi wrote:
Kesh is right. I applied for my daughter some months ago and it only took 18 days from submission to receipt of the certificate. Don't waste your money on solicitors. It is fast and straightforward.

Many thanks to both of you. will do direct as adviced.