ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP - Past TB patient

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpp_app
Newly Registered

Applying for HSMP - Past TB patient

Post by hsmpp_app » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:35 am

Hi all

I am applying for HSMP. However, 10-12 years back, I had suffered from Tuberculosis, which had been completely cured by medicines. However, I have read in this forum that X rays are required at the UK airports at the time of entry. My X rays still show the scars from the disease.

I wanted to seek your guidance as to whether it would create any problems for my entry into UK? Do I need to carry any documents? Would I be refused entry due to this?

Request your guidance in this regard. Any inputs from friends who have been through my scenario would also be really helpful.

Thanks
Rahul

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:49 am

I had the same case. No worries, you will be fine.
You can bring your own X'ray report from a top hospital/pathology from your city. The plate is not needed.
Third World Traveller

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:04 pm

If your current TB report says you are safe and well.. even if the x-ray shows the scar it is not a problem.. Becos the Report counts here.. as the staff check only the report most of the times..

But to be on safe side.. if you can get a letter from ur family doctor who treated you to give a letter that you suffered 10-12years back and you are fully cured now.... etc...

keep this letter handy so that incase if they see the x-ray or if they have doubts you can always show ur doctors report that you are safe and pinkish in health... better be safe then sorry..

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Agree - this will not be a problem. You just need evidence to show that you are disease-free when you enter the country.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for HSMP - Past TB patient

Post by push » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:16 pm

hsmpp_app wrote:Hi all

I am applying for HSMP. However, 10-12 years back, I had suffered from Tuberculosis, which had been completely cured by medicines. However, I have read in this forum that X rays are required at the UK airports at the time of entry. My X rays still show the scars from the disease.

I wanted to seek your guidance as to whether it would create any problems for my entry into UK? Do I need to carry any documents? Would I be refused entry due to this?

Request your guidance in this regard. Any inputs from friends who have been through my scenario would also be really helpful.

Thanks
Rahul
What you call scars is calcification and not active infection. If your report says that you are not currently infected/a carrier there would not be a problem
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer