ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa expiring but only need couple of days aftrwards

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

changori
Newly Registered

Student Visa expiring but only need couple of days aftrwards

Post by changori » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi,

My case is that my student visa expires at the end of January. Officially, I have to stay in the UK until the 3rd of February because of an exam but I want to go home for Christmas.

If I begin the process now, I won't be able to go home as they will retain my passport.

If I being the process in January when I get back, I might have to stay until April until I get my passport back.

I was told that I can leave the country within 28 days after my visa expires and that shouldn't be a problem. Is that right?

Also, If I get to go home for xmas. Do you think there might be a problem at the airport if IU get back by Jan, 10th? Like refusing my entrance to the UK?

Thanks in advance.

squeakywills4u
Newly Registered

Post by squeakywills4u » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 pm

i wouldnt risk it if i were you,only if its urgent.there are still many more xmas to come. :)

changori
Newly Registered

Post by changori » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Well, the in problem is that If I begin the process in January I'll be stuck in the UK until I get the new visa (April perhaps).

sorcer
Newly Registered

Post by sorcer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:38 pm

The best solution is probably to miss this Christmas, although not the pleasant one.

Can you elaborate more on your situation? When did you start you course? Which are the dates you visa valid from/to?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm sorry I agree with the others. You would have problems at the airport on an expired visa so I would advise against going home for christmas as much as that sucks!

adammoody
Newly Registered

Post by adammoody » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 am

hello guy
I know i am doing post in wrong thread. But i need help. I want to extent my uk visa. I have student visa apply here for work permit. What is the process for it. can anyone help me?