ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Dependant (Urgent Assistance)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier210

Tier 2 - Dependant (Urgent Assistance)

Post by tier210 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Can someone assist with documents to accompany application for spouse of tier 2 from abroad (Pakistan - Preferrable)
Having been recently married I cannot conclude what should be included from my end? Someone told me I need to put a letter from council stating that I live in the property here in UK. Also that the council tax document must have me and my spouse's name on the letter. She's not here yet, how come I have her name on the letter or even on the property agreement which I sign.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... gevidence/

Check Page 7 on the Dependents Application form which gives the CHECKLIST of Documetns...

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf10

Annex A - Supporting Documents Checklist

All applicants A valid travel document or passport
One passport sized colour photograph. This must not be more than 6 months old. (Please see photograph box below for more details)
Previous passports
Biometric details
The appropriate fee Evidence as described in this form and in the PBS Dependant Policy Guidance
Evidence of your relationship to the main applicant
A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the UK.
Personal Details section
Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate
The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received

tier210

Post by tier210 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 pm

thanks mate.
can any one share their personal experience pls...
would be appreciate

volky
Newly Registered

Post by volky » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Call lawyer Graeme on 02072325539 for help. If not lawyer Michell on 02075920823.

Volky

agaurav009
Newly Registered

Same info asked by an India

Post by agaurav009 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 am

Hi friends (specially tvn_ramesh)
I am in UK since last august as general migrant tier-2 visa holder, working as electronica (IC design) engineer in southampton in a us-based company.
I got engaged in india in spetember2009 and I am getting married in feb2010.
I want my wife to be able to be back with me after getting the spouse visa and that leaves me with just a week since she applies and gets the visa to travel.
She is working right now in india and will resign in dec2009.
I checked many links and sites and got many answers and my questions as well.
I state them as below and I'll really applreciate it if someone can help.
1) The form , as ukba website show is VAF10 but if you are applying from India, some people told me its VAF4A to be filled. I was told that VAF10 is for those who are applying from inside UK.
2) I got engaged and I am knowing my to-be-wife since a month before that but what proofs can I submit of my acquaintance with her as I have no proof except e-mails and I don't see how can prinouts of mails serve as the proof.

I'll really appreciate if somebody can help me on this.

Thanks and Regards
Anand

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

volky wrote:Call lawyer Graeme on 02072325539 for help. If not lawyer Michell on 02075920823.

Volky
Strike 2 :P

agaurav009
Newly Registered

Post by agaurav009 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:49 am

Thanks Vanadil.
I did see those contact numbers. To be honest, the simple reason was I was trying to find a free solution to a very simple problem if anybody has gone through the process. I'll do that in case nobody who has gone through the same case sees this post or doesn't answer it.
I am also trying to contact ukba directly for this.
Will keep ppl updated with the answer I get.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:36 am

A simple Google finds that VAF10 is the dependant form for use OUTSIDE the UK (VAF stands for visa application form - if you need a visa you are outside the UK).
VAF4A is a fiancee visa (not married).
I don't see them accepting emails as proof of a long-term / serious relationship though.

tier210

Post by tier210 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:24 pm

I understand the best way to move forward will be to get fiance visa.
Then once your soon-to-be wyf is here go ahead and change her to dependent.
Wish you best of luk.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Same info asked by an India

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 pm

agaurav009 wrote:
1) The form , as ukba website show is VAF10 but if you are applying from India, some people told me its VAF4A to be filled. I was told that VAF10 is for those who are applying from inside UK.

WRONG... please read wat is written on the top right of VAF10 form...

POINTS BASED SYSTEM FORM (VAF10 JUL 2009)
DEPENDANT
This form is for use outside the UK only.
This form is provided free of charge.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf10

Read the Dependent Guidance Notes
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... vaf10guide

2) I got engaged and I am knowing my to-be-wife since a month before that but what proofs can I submit of my acquaintance with her as I have no proof except e-mails and I don't see how can prinouts of mails serve as the proof.

Mate.. i donno if i wil disappoint you but here we go...

i think it is very difficult for you got apply and get visa in 1weeks time and also not possible to get visa before marriage just based on mails and phones..

For indian newly married dependents.. the fastest process will be.. once married..

1. first thing get it registered and get the Marriage certificate quickly..
2. Before that make sure you have got all the documents ready like
a. Enough Maintenance funds - bank statements
b. Accomodation support docs like Tenancy agreement + Utility bills ready
c. Book an appointment with the nearest VFS so that once these docs are ready you can go directly as per appointment and do the Biometric and Application submission..

As i understand it takes 10-12working days ideally but some even get in 2-3days but not all are so lucky..

Dont worry about calling any services.. this forum is full of experts who are ready to help..

Goodluck

Rest will leave for other seniors to guide you in a better way...

agaurav009
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by agaurav009 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi Friends,
Thanks a lot for your replies.
It definitely was very helpful.
In fact, I confirmed with VFS, its VAF10.
I have one more question. (I tried calling up embassy as VFS didn't give me concrete reply, but getting through has not materialised yet :-( )
My fiancee, is working in Delhi. She will resign from the job and her last day at job, and hence in Delhi, is end-December.
After that she will be staying in UP (at her parents' place) for a month and then we are getting married in Bihar in feb and then we plan to apply for the visa sometime in mid-feb.
The big question, which is the visa centre that she needs to submit the visa application at. Shuld it be Delhi or Kolkata?
I'll extremely appreciate your response to my querry.
Thanks once again for your help.

Regards,
Anand

agaurav009
Newly Registered

Additional Info to my previous posting

Post by agaurav009 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 pm

I must add that UP and Delhi come under UK-Delhi-high-commission zone while Bihar falls in Kolkata zone of the UK high commission in India.