ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed for my case of application.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nightwalker840
Newly Registered

Advice needed for my case of application.

Post by nightwalker840 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi , Peace and cheers to everyone.

I am a noob (newbie) as far as visas are concerned.I didnt know about the fundings before 2nd of November when i Immediately transferred the required 800 pounds into my account. This obviously makes 2nd Febuary as the 3 months completion date but my visa expires on 31st of January.

I have three options in mind and I AM ASKING YOU ALL if these are applicable or If i am legally allowed to use these.

1.Attach the transactions of my father's Account along with the application as I have been using it.

2.Attach the transactions of the account of one of my father's close friend as he lives here and again he has been supporting me time and again during my stay here.

3.Extend my current visa on the basis of 2nd Convocation of King's (my college) in may if I am allowed to.

PLEASE HELP. :cry:

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:34 am

The account has to be in your name (inside/outside) the UK and show ??800 at least for three months (literally three months not a single day you violate the rule of Maint. fund <??800). Nope, your father's /friend's account will not help. Only if you and your father have a joint account (set up in the past) for the three months concerned. If you have another account (your name should be on it) inside or outside the UK to compensate the difference (at the beginning of Nov. I assume), you can use that. Otherwise PSW will be refused. You can apply from outside the UK, but you need to keep ??2800 in your account for at least three months, You may consider this option if you want.

If you want to extend your visa as a student, please refer to Tier 4 rules before you do anything. Rules of student visa have become a little bit hard to fulfill for struggling students also. All the best
________
LIFE INSURANCE FORUMS
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nightwalker840
Newly Registered

Post by nightwalker840 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:21 am

thanks for the reply Jack hammer.

So does this mean that i have no other option but to go back.

Please tell me if there is anything i can do to prolong my stay or application for even a week

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:40 am

If you would like to simply extend your stay in the UK, you can apply for psw with your current insufficient bank statemetns. But when you get refused, you can appeal against a decision to refuse your application. After you receive an unfavourable determination from the court, you can submit your application for a reconsideration to the same court, and if you don't have the required £800 on the account, your reconsideration would be declined. Then you can submit a reconsideration to the High Court, and while having your appeal pending, you can submit a fresh out of time application to the HO (provided you can fulfill the requirements of the psw at that time and maintain a sufficient amount on your bank statement).

If you go down that route, you can extend your stay for about 12 month in total because while you are appealing, technically, you cannot be removed from the UK. But there is no guarantee you will get your out-of-time application approved, as it all depends on the discretion of the case worker and there is no appeal agianst such a decision. So, it is a risky option, and you will need to be strong and have enough finance to support the appeal process.

Alternativelly, you can apply for a student visa Tier 4 as you only need to maintain the required amount for 1 month on your account.

Another option would be to leave the UK before your current visa expires, maintain £2,800 on your backhome account, and then apply from backhome country after you get your 3 month statements.

My understanding is that you only have only those 3 options to be considered, and your choice will depend on your circumstances. Good luck.

stellabella99

Post by stellabella99 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:20 pm

If you would like to simply extend your stay in the UK, you can apply for psw with your current insufficient bank statemetns. But when you get refused, you can appeal against a decision to refuse your application. After you receive an unfavourable determination from the court, you can submit your application for a reconsideration to the same court, and if you don't have the required £800 on the account, your reconsideration would be declined. Then you can submit a reconsideration to the High Court, and while having your appeal pending, you can submit a fresh out of time application to the HO (provided you can fulfill the requirements of the psw at that time and maintain a sufficient amount on your bank statement).

With regard to the reconsideration to the same court, does the £800 just need to be available at that time? Or will they just look at the rules at the time of application.

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:53 pm

The court will be looking only at the statements relevant to your application, and not those which are available after the date of application. The rules say you can only submit that additional evidence to the court which directly relates to your application. The task of the court would be to access whether you really had the required amount during the 3 month prior to the application or not. If yes, the appeal would normally be allowed, if no, then the appeal would be disallowed.

But if you want to go aheard and re-submit a fresh application to the HO, it would be better if you maintain the required amount throughout the appeal process, even thought it would not be requided as evidence in the court. The purpose of those statements is to save time, so while appeal is in the process, you maintain your balance and then reaply with those statements when the time comes. For your own sake, you can also try to maintain £2,800 at all times, so even if no options are left, you can still reapply from your backhome country without loosing any valuable time.

nightwalker840
Newly Registered

Post by nightwalker840 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Thank you all for your replies .That makes things clear.
, One more question , if I opt for a tier 4 student visa for a short course of 3 months , Will I still be able to apply for PSW visa after the student visa expires or during the tenure of my visa?

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

If you manage to extend your visa as a student and maintain your account with no less ??800, YES you can apply for PSW visa as long as within a year from getting your degree., if you find a registered sponsor and a course that suits your education why not! It would cost a little bit of money though.. Course fees+ student visa fees +PSW visa fees etc all without messing your account up.. so.... Not sure if you can apply/switch to psw while your student visa application is still in process.. !
________
LAOS RECIPES
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

nightwalker840
Newly Registered

Post by nightwalker840 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

I found out that the cash widrawal limit of credit card can also be considered as part of the balance in the account, is that true? can i include that to apply

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:35 pm

no