ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Code of Practice - SOC & Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lin

Code of Practice - SOC & Salary

Post by lin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi all,

Hope somebody here can shed some light to my confusion on these.

I am going to approach my employer for COS on the combination of one fulltime job, plus 2 other part time seasonal job with them to meet £20k requirements for PBS. FYI, I hold masters degree, switching from PSW and as I have been working there for 5 years, I assumed that my employer can bypass resident labour market test too.

My major concerns are UKBA code of practice i.e. which will be nearest match to my jobs and appropriate national average salary.

student adviser £17.5k p.a.
exam invigilator £1k p.a.
telephone adviser for careers service £2k p.a.

Should i look in Section P - Education or section N - Administrative and Support Service, any ideas/suggestions?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:30 am

I don't know if you can use more than 1 job, the system does not seem to cope with that. It wants one job, one code, one salary. If anyone has any experience of trying to use more than one occupation could they help provide an answer, please?
My inkling would be that the system does not allow for this.

lin

Post by lin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 pm

thx for the info m8 - im gutted! :cry:

i thought you can claim points up to 48 hours per week, doesn't matter how many jobs - too bad!

PBS123

Post by PBS123 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi

If you have Masters degree, plus can get enough points for your previous earnings (can be from multiple jobs) you may want to consider Tier 1 (General) instead. Have a look at the UKBA web site for the details. I think It's alot easier than getting Tier 2, also it is more flexible i.e. you can work for any employer and can change jobs without affecting you Leave to remain. Any just a suggestion, hope this helps.

lin

Post by lin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:34 pm

by tier 1 general, you mean hsmp right? i dont think i can go for that either, although i hv masters degree, i can only claim 5 points for age coz i am 30 this year, which make the earning 29k p.a. to get the total of 75 points - pbs sucks!!!