ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant visa for Child (Please help)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sgbajwa
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant visa for Child (Please help)

Post by sgbajwa » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi All

I am on a Tier 1 general visa and my wife is on a student visa. I phoned homeoffice this afternoon to find out the time limit to get my son’s dependant visa. I told them that my wife is on a student visa and my son doesn’t have any visa since he was born here last year in May08. They said that your wife can’t switch your visa and she will have to go back to her home country (As I already knew it). However they advised me to apply child’s visa from my home country as he’s been here over a year without any visa and they can’t guarantee the outcome.

I don’t want to apply child’s visa from my home country as they might say why I didn’t apply his visa early.
Could you please advise me what should I do? Should I send his documents by post or there is any requirement to apply for child’s visa within a year?
I checked homeoffice website but couldn’t find any one year requirement for a child.

What if I send all documents by post and please suggest me what type of documents are required?
Please advise me if any document is missing...

1. Son's Original Passport
2. His Original DOB certificate
3. Letter from the Bank for funds
4. Payslips from employer (Is it required)
5. My Passport (Original or Copy of passport)
6. Marriage certificate (Is it required)

Do i need to send my wife's Original passport as well as she's in the UK...or it's not required....If yes, do i have to provide a letter from the University that she's been studying...(She's doesn't have any full attendance in the University so it will be hard to get a letter)...

Please advise me as I'm quite confused...

You reply will be hightly appreciated...

amitc

Post by amitc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi sgbajwa, I am not sure about your case but have seen one post in trackitt and in this forum http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2060 (posted by Laatif) that UK born baby got visa after 18 months of birth. I think they dont have any specific guidelines for UK born baby and it totally depends on case worker. Pls wait for seniors to comment.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi Bajwa,

First of all, learn from my experience and apply your son's visa while you are here.

Secondly, there is no such requirement that you need to apply for his visa within a year. You can apply whenever you needed to travel out of the country and then come back. So there will be no problem in applying after a year at all!

In your list of documents, I'll add:

- A sponsorship letter from yourself confirming your relationship and that you'll support and accommodate him etc.
- I'll also attached my tenancy agreement with the application
- Payslips are not required but I did attach a letter from my manager confirming my job status

You don't need to send your wife's original passport or letter from University, just a copy of her visa will suffice.

sgbajwa
Newly Registered

Post by sgbajwa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

high_aimer wrote:Hi Bajwa,

First of all, learn from my experience and apply your son's visa while you are here.

Secondly, there is no such requirement that you need to apply for his visa within a year. You can apply whenever you needed to travel out of the country and then come back. So there will be no problem in applying after a year at all!

In your list of documents, I'll add:

- A sponsorship letter from yourself confirming your relationship and that you'll support and accommodate him etc.
- I'll also attached my tenancy agreement with the application
- Payslips are not required but I did attach a letter from my manager confirming my job status

Thanks for you advise....I will do so and let you know that outcome...Could you please also advise me how much fee i should sent for child's visa?

You don't need to send your wife's original passport or letter from University, just a copy of her visa will suffice.

sgbajwa
Newly Registered

Post by sgbajwa » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 am

Hi high_aimer

Thanks for you advise....I will do so and let you know that outcome...Could you please also advise me how much fee i should sent for child's visa?

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi,

What about the bank statments ,shell we need to submitt it or only employer letter will be enough.

Thanks for answer.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:22 pm

adil2009 wrote:Hi,

What about the bank statments ,shell we need to submitt it or only employer letter will be enough.

Thanks for answer.
You also have to send 3months Maintenaance funds with min funds required for 3 of you??

Payslips from employer is not mandatory but Maintenance funds are very imp..

sgbajwa
Newly Registered

Post by sgbajwa » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:23 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
adil2009 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for answer.
You also have to send 3months Maintenaance funds with min funds required for 3 of you??

Payslips from employer is not mandatory but Maintenance funds are very imp..
Hi tvn_ramesh

Thanks…I have some query about some of these questions on dependant form and I hope you can shed some light on it.

As I said, my son is born here in May08…I’m not sure what should I fill here…

Section 2 – D. Immigration History

D6. Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
Yes or No

D12. What is the dependant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?

D13. Has the dependant ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of his/her period of leave?

D25. Was this application submitted before the dependant’s leave expired?
D26. Has the date of the dependant’s leave, as stated in his/her passport, now passed?

Section F – I think I don’t have to fill this.

Section 3 – Main Applicant’s Details

G5 – Home office reference no -
G6. PBS migrant reference number

Section 4 – Main applicants details

J4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

I am not sure what to say – I was on a dependant visa and had to go back to India to switch my visa…

K – Maintenance –

I think we just need to fill K1 and don’t need to fill K2 to K17.

I will also attach covering letter….Hope my son will get visa and HO won’t ask that why I didn’t apply early.

Your reply will be much appreciated.