ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Reigstration = EU Residence/Work Permit?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PaulBrennan
Newly Registered

Company Reigstration = EU Residence/Work Permit?

Post by PaulBrennan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Is it possible to live and work in any of the EU by registering a company in one particular EU country? I have researched this topic in Bulgaria and by registering a company one receives a one year res/wk permit but I do not know if it allows me to work in all of the EU. If it does not, can anyone say of another EU country where registering a company allows res/wk in all the EU? Of course the reason i have investigated info on Bulgaria is because it is much cheaper to form a company than most other EU countries, i.e in Italy I believe the capital requirement is 100,000 Euros. So I need a EU country where it is cheap to register a company but valid for the all region. Thank you for your time and attention

By the way I am a Visa waiver Non-EU person.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:37 pm

If u have a company in one EU state and live in another - how does that work? Cross-border worker?

Smells dodgy.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

PaulBrennan
Newly Registered

Post by PaulBrennan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm

xxx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm

PaulBrennan wrote:I don't follow you. "Smells dodgy" A work+residence permit vaild in one EU country, is it valid in another? What's so hard to comprehend?
I'd guess tho ur talking about a locally granted WP/RP, in which case it would only be valid for Bulgaria.

My non-EU gf had a German WP/RP and she could only work for the specific German company mentioned on the permit, also she could travel Schengen-wide on it as a bonus.

But I ask again - why open and run a company in one State and work and live in another, u cant be in two places at once. Which country are u looking at settling in - obviously not Bulgaria.

PaulBrennan
Newly Registered

Post by PaulBrennan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Well granted Wander I am a bit of a wanderer myself. Which country would I prefer isn't that relevant, Germany, Italy, Spain, whichever, the point being, not being a Schengen Area citizen I do not have the option to choose and like I earlier noted, to form a company in italy is about 100 mores times expensive than Bulgaria.
You do know that most Balkkan country citizens have the right to free travel in the S.A., right? So if I formed a company in Bulgaria theoretically I could then have the right to choose any EU country to live and work. Actually there are legal offices, say in Slovakia that are doing this very thing, 2-3000 Euros and viola one has res/wk permit and access to all the E.U. at least that is how I understand it but I would like to find a cheaper route then that. Really though thanks for your interest but this sounds like something not in your field of expertise.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 pm

PaulBrennan wrote:Well granted Wander I am a bit of a wanderer myself. Which country would I prefer isn't that relevant, Germany, Italy, Spain, whichever, the point being, not being a Schengen Area citizen I do not have the option to choose and like I earlier noted, to form a company in italy is about 100 mores times expensive than Bulgaria.
You do know that most Balkkan country citizens have the right to free travel in the S.A., right? So if I formed a company in Bulgaria theoretically I could then have the right to choose any EU country to live and work. Actually there are legal offices, say in Slovakia that are doing this very thing, 2-3000 Euros and viola one has res/wk permit and access to all the E.U. at least that is how I understand it but I would like to find a cheaper route then that. Really though thanks for your interest but this sounds like something not in your field of expertise.
So u ARE trying to get EU residency on the cheap by the backdoor.

Not gonna happen I know that, and if it did u'd be living on ur nerves waiting for the authorities to knock at any time.

Ur right tho, this sort of dodginess and backdoor ways into EU is not my field of expertise..

*Plonk*

republique
BANNED

Re: Company Reigstration = EU Residence/Work Permit?

Post by republique » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:03 am

PaulBrennan wrote:Is it possible to live and work in any of the EU by registering a company in one particular EU country? I have researched this topic in Bulgaria and by registering a company one receives a one year res/wk permit but I do not know if it allows me to work in all of the EU. If it does not, can anyone say of another EU country where registering a company allows res/wk in all the EU? Of course the reason i have investigated info on Bulgaria is because it is much cheaper to form a company than most other EU countries, i.e in Italy I believe the capital requirement is 100,000 Euros. So I need a EU country where it is cheap to register a company but valid for the all region. Thank you for your time and attention

By the way I am a Visa waiver Non-EU person.
Right. Think about it. If that was possible, don't you think everyone would be doing that? In any case, what might help you is the Van Der Elst visa which after working for your company for a year, then you can send yourself like a seconded expatriate to another EU country. However most of the EU countries do not understand this ruling and it is very problematic in making use of it. And not all EU countries have accepted this principle and the ones who have, well it goes in a circle of bureaucratic nightmares.

Advoco
Newly Registered

Post by Advoco » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:50 am

Speaking from the point of view of Spain you can't get residency simply by setting up a Sociedad Limitada or other corporation if that's what you're asking. The usual (quite stringent) criteria about income to support yourself, health cover, assets, criminal records etc apply just the same.

http://spainlawyer.com/guialegal/guiale ... 0202000000

http://www.advoco.es/home/22-latest/29- ... dency.html