ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional Arrangement Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mooreao
Newly Registered

Transitional Arrangement Application

Post by mooreao » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 am

I am currently working in the UK with a work permit.

I have to extend my working visa and I believe it is under the 'Transitional arrangement.'

What form would I need to complete for this? Where can I find it?

Thanks for your help?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm

First you have to have been issued a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship, then you need to complete a Tier 2 form and send it to UKBA with your passport etc. The Certificate is your first priority, which your employer needs to assign to you. They must, of course, be a registered sponsor in order to do so.

deley
Newly Registered

Post by deley » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 am

I am in the same situation - not having to do the market test again would save a lot of time (visa runs out in late Feb).

When we apply for the CoS, should we specify anything in particular?

How can I be sure the HO will honour our WP and our previous market test from 2 years ago?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 am

You have the space in the massive 50-odd page Tier 2 form to quote which Transitional Arrangement you are using. There are questions about the resident labour market test and whether you have to meet it or are exempted it. There you quote which transitional arrangement you are taking advantage of and how you qualify (existing work permit holder or whatever). Look at the rules etc here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... angements/

I guess you will be using arrangement A, but best to check for yourselves.

deley
Newly Registered

Post by deley » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:29 pm

[quote="The Station Agent"]You have the space in the massive 50-odd page Tier 2 form to quote which Transitional Arrangement you are using. There are questions about the resident labour market test and whether you have to meet it or are exempted it. There you quote which transitional arrangement you are taking advantage of and how you qualify (existing work permit holder or whatever).[/quote]

thanks - yes I am under "A".

So the CoS they dont interrogate much? The Tier 2 Grant Of Leave is the real place to show any proof etc?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:10 pm

In issuing the CoS your sponsor has no interaction with UKBA - they trust the sponsor to get everything absolutely accurate and correct. When you apply for further leave to remain is the only time the CoS will be examined against the relevant criteria. If there's something wrong they refuse and keep your hundreds of pounds. It's a nice scheme for them - the sponsor does all the work and if they talk to up UKBA get rewarded because the sponsor may then have to assign another CoS (at another £170) and you would have to apply for FLR again (465 or 665 each time). Nice work if you can get it.

deley
Newly Registered

Post by deley » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 pm

aha - so what timeframe is the CoS issued - immediately?

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:32 pm

In theory it can take as little as about 20 minutes to issue a CoS, as long as they have all the ducks in a row before they start.

sunny0183
Newly Registered

Post by sunny0183 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:57 pm

My HR issued the COS in 10 mins. As long as the COS issue fee (£170) is paid by credit cards.