ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP finally granted

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jumpingzombie

EEA FP finally granted

Post by jumpingzombie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Firstly, I really appreciate this forum and advices I received before.

My EEA FP was finally granted today,so I'd like to note how my case was for the future applicants to this entry clearance.

Im a Japanese citizen living in Norway for 4 years, and my husband is a Polish citizen living in the UK nearly 2 years. we entered a marriage this July in Japan. I submitted all of my documents at the British embassy in Oslo on the 6th of November, and I received a notice to collect my passport by sms yesterday.It wasnt mentioned if the e.clearance was granted or not, but just 'your visa application is processed.you may collect your passport.'

The documents I submitted are;

#printed out online application form
#my passport and my husband's passport
(his passport was copied and given back to me on the spot when I submitted all documents at the embassy)
#marriage certificate issued by the Polish authority.
(although the one issued by the Japanese authority is eligible as somebodyexplained to me in this forum, the embassy staff prefered submitting the one issued by one of the EEA countries)
#my birth certificate
#all of my previous passports(one of them was stolen,but i kept a copy of it,so i submitted it with a robery report)
#my resident registration in Norway
#my essay,my husband's essay and my further's essay
#all of our flight tickets when we met each other
#50 pictures including the one at the wedding
#receipts from hotels when we traveled
#tickets when we headed to gigs
#our chatting histories through msn and skype
#my husband's mobile bills showing our call/sms histories.
#my recent mobil bill to prove my mobile number in Norway.
#a case that contained a o2 sim card to prove my mobile number in the UK
#call/sms histories through Skype and Gismo
#my husband's payment slips and invoices for 7months
#job references for my husband
#some documents to prove he pays tax as self-employ basis
#current bankstatements(my husband's in the UK,mine in Norway and Japan)
#transaction recordes in 2 japanese bank accounts for 6months
#my husband's internet bills
#his rental agreement
#my cv
#my certificates

All documents written other than English(except Norwegian) were translated into English, and everything was original.

the documents weighed 2kg or even more, but I was afraid of being suspected about marriage of convenience, because of my refusal histories as a student in 2003.
Actually an embassy stuff called me a day before i received sms to ask me about a couple of questions, and one of them was about my refusal records.

I read through this forum, and i prepared as many documents as possible as original,and I finally got the permit today.
I hope my case would be a sample for the future applicants...
Good luck!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Congratulations jumpingzombie!

However, what you submitted was overkill.

You needed to submit only your Japanese passport, your husband's Polish passport or National ID card and your marriage certificate.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks benifa, I am too full because I had a celebration dinner too much....

You needed to submit only your Japanese passport, your husband's Polish passport or National ID card and your marriage certificate.
Yes, i know the documents I submitted are more than enough.
But I was aware that the British embassy would focus about my refusal records when I was a student in the UK in 2003.

I was refused to renew my entry clearance as a student at the Stansted airport before my actual entry clearance expiry date in August 2003 at first,and I was deported to Germany.
I took a train to the Netherlands where a friend of mine lived in at that time, and I re-applied for the same entry clearance at the British embassy there, and refused again.

An embassy staff called me to ask about a couple of questions a day before I received a notice to pick up my passport, and the main point was about my refusal histories.
The staff asked me what had happend when I was refused for the first time, at the stansted airport, because he couldn't find that history in the system, although my refusal at the embassy in the Netherlands had been recorded. I got even reference numbers to show I was refused at the Stansted airport and the embassy in the Netherlands, but somehow my first refusal record has disappeared.(the staff said probably it was taken)

And about our marriage certificate, the one issued by the Japanese authority must be eligible to submit, but somehow an embassy staff in Oslo suggested me to hand in the one issued by one of the EEA countries, so I did the one issued by Poland that's a home country of my husband.I didn't want to have any risks....

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:52 am

benifa wrote:Congratulations jumpingzombie!

I hate to disagree Benifa but,
in Dublin British high commission they require a lot more documents then that,
even they ask for husband/wife N.I number and their job details and a lot more.I know by law you are right but UK never cares about that so submitting bundle of documents is a good decision.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 pm

rebel82 wrote:in Dublin British high commission they require a lot more documents then that,
even they ask for husband/wife N.I number and their job details and a lot more.
Same in Nederland!
Though I do agree on the other hand, that OP's submission was quite OTT!

couneta
Newly Registered

Post by couneta » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi, congratulations on getting the permit. I'm gathering up an epic portfolio too for the immigration and you have given me a few pointers. I had to dig up bank statements going 3 years and paypal/ebay transactions and receipts.

I have a few questions to ask:

Did the visa get processed through the Polish centre? How long did it take, coz i am planning to do the same?

And how did u answer these questions, coz intend to join my partner in UK and live there permanently:
What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK? How long do you intend to stay in UK?

Thanks

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 pm

I am sorry for a late reply...
Did the visa get processed through the Polish centre?
Eventually, I applied and submitted my aplication incl supporting documents at the British embassy in Oslo.
How long did it take, coz i am planning to do the same?
I submitted my application and documents on the 6th of nov, I received sms to pick up my passport on the 18th of nov, and collcted it on the 19th. The visa issued date is on the 17th.
And how did u answer these questions
Q.What is the main purpose of your visit to the UK?
--I wrote as 'to live with my husband'. I meant 'to join my husband'

Q.How long do you intend to stay in UK?
--I think I wrote as 'no expectation'

yamcheka

Post by yamcheka » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 am

PLs help i need advice for my 2nd eea fp application.

pls follow thread o my post. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=92099
Never give up!