ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

gross salary issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sshah20
Pakistan

gross salary issue

Post by sshah20 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:31 am

Hello every one,
I am going to apply for tier 1 general in person at Glasgow office on 9th December. I will claim 11 months earning. I worked 10 months for one employer and one month for another employer. I have been paid on monthly basis in both jobs. Now I have problem with the second employer. He gave me reference letter and pay slip. But the thing is there is 3 pounds difference in gross salary in my pay slip and reference letter. The gross salary in reference letter is 1400 pounds while in pay slip it is 1397 pounds. Net pay in the pay slip matched with bank statement. I spoke to my employer about this mistake and he told me if home office rings us then we will clarify it. He is not ready to issue me another reference letter.
My question is:
Will home office take it as a serious matter and decline my application?
I shall be indebted to all of you if you could kindly answer my above given question. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

regards,

maddy_uob
Newly Registered

Post by maddy_uob » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:10 pm

In all probabilities the decision might go against you. The bank statements and the payslips must match exactly.

Calling the employer is upto the case worker, even if he does he will only be interested that the payslips/letters are original. Its a huge risk. Would advice you to get a fresh payslip that match exactly with the bank statements.

Cheers,
Maddy

sshah20
Pakistan

gross salary issue

Post by sshah20 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 pm

my payslip and bank statment matched but the gross salary mentioned in job letter is 1400pounds while in payslip the gross salary is 1397 pounds.

my net pay in pay slip is same as in my bank statement

my question is about the gross salary

maddy_uob
Newly Registered

Post by maddy_uob » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi,

Sorry about my misunderstanding. Nevertheless, the logic is pretty simple - no mismatch on the numbers and dont assume that the CW would call to get himself clarified of why the mismatch.

Cheers,
Maddy

sshah20
Pakistan

gross salary issue

Post by sshah20 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:33 pm

my net pay in bank statment and pay slip is same. the issue here is gross salary not net salary. my gross salary in job letter given by employer is 1400 pounds while in pay slip it is 1397 pounds.

my question is this

will this difference of 3 pounds affect my application in any way.

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Re: gross salary issue

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 pm

sshah20 wrote:my net pay in bank statment and pay slip is same. the issue here is gross salary not net salary. my gross salary in job letter given by employer is 1400 pounds while in pay slip it is 1397 pounds.

my question is this

will this difference of 3 pounds affect my application in any way.
I don't think it would be problem. Explain CW in the cover letter, what you have explained here.
Third World Traveller

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:48 pm

The CW will concentrate more on NET ammounts in payslips n bankstatements... he will see the GROSS on the payslips to calculate ur earnings points.. he is not worried abt offer leters or any other letters...

n if this is mistake in only 1month payslip.. take it easy... you are OK with the evidences n nothing shd go wrong...

btw.. which amount is correct 1400 or 1397 ?