ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum Income Support Level for Couple plus one child???

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

Minimum Income Support Level for Couple plus one child???

Post by sundaygirl24 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi, does anyone ACTUALLY know the applicable minimum Income Support level for say a married couple with a six month old baby?

From my estimations it is around £95.00 a week for a couple (not inc baby)

Now then, is this JUST income support (or JSA) or does this take into account CTC, Council Tax Benefit and Housing benefit?

Trying to work out how to figure out and present our budget to present for the UK spousal visa...

How the hell does anyone with anything less than a Degree Level IQ ever get their spouse into this country!!!!!!!!!!!

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Weekly entitlementsfor a couple with one child

Income support = £100.95 per week
Child Tax Credit = £64.00
Child Benefit = £20.00

Housing benefit and council tax benefit will also be included.

So after paying you rent and council tax you should have around £165 in your pocket to pass your income support test. If you start employment, depending on your income, you may be entitled for child and working tax credit and you can count this as part of your overall income to meet the financial requirements.
Last edited by Danbrix on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Minimum Income Support Level for Couple plus one child??

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 am

sundaygirl24 wrote:How the hell does anyone with anything less than a Degree Level IQ ever get their spouse into this country!!!!!!!!!!!
By having a job?

International relationships are not for the short-of-wodge I'm afraid, it costs in flights, face time, visits home, etc, and it costs alot. How many do we see on here with hastily-built interracial/intercultural/international relationships pining for ILR after yet another failed marriage?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

Post by sundaygirl24 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Before JUMPING to conclusions and passing judgement on a relationship you have no idea about I would like to inform you that I am in this unfortunatle position because I returned to the UK for a family visit and discovered I was pregnant and was unable to return home to my husband in Egypt because I was diagnosed with a condition and was too ill to fly! Then Once my baby was born he too was diagnosed with a heart condition that has required ongoing medical treatment AND an operation at Great Ormond St and is likely to need another operation as well as long term medical treatment. Due to my sons medical condition I cannot leave him to work, which is why my husband is coming to seek employment and support us so we can get off benefits!
My husband and I were not born with the fortune of wealth and have tried our best to make our own way in Egypt to make a life for ourselves and a little savings but with the average Egyptian salary being less than £100 sterling, how could he support me here whilst I was in my confinement, sick then support my child and I through medical treatment? I had no choice but to seek help from the British Government! And why shouldn't I? I am a British born daughter of TWO life long tax payers in my mother and father not some EU immigrant fresh of the boat!
I have been with my husband for 10 years!! And he is fully intending on coming to work and already has interviews lined up, I simply asked for this information so I can prepare my documentation for his Visa correctly. I did not imagine that I would be insulted in such a manner.

My husband and I have money to support him coming without his need to take money from my benefits (which by the way I am entiteled to BY LAW!) I simply asked a question to which I was hoping for an intelligent reply.

HOW DARE YOU JUDGE US OR ANYBODY ELSE without knowing the entire story!

I demand an apology. How can you be classed as a GURU!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:45 pm

No apology due.

U made a statement, I repsonded, show me where I said I was referring to you?

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

No apology due.

Post by sundaygirl24 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Ah. Your one of those kind of bottom dwellers arent you. One of those who is too gutless to apologise when he knows he has done wrong.
Even if you weren't talking to me, which anyone can see you are, you are still making a sweeping statement and being judgemental and discriminating to basically anyone who tries to marry someone from another country. Seems to be touched by a shade of beloved.

Shame on you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: No apology due.

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 pm

sundaygirl24 wrote:
1. Ah. Your one of those kind of bottom dwellers arent you.

2. One of those who is too gutless to apologise when he knows he has done wrong.

3. Even if you weren't talking to me, which anyone can see you are, you are still making a sweeping statement and being judgemental and discriminating to basically anyone who tries to marry someone from another country.

4. Seems to be touched by a shade of beloved.

5. Shame on you.
1. No

2. Not applicable

3. Not really

4. No

5. Not really

Next please!

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

wanderer

Post by sundaygirl24 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:14 pm

A mature response.

Anyone who reads this can plainly see that you are a total prick.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:44 pm

sundaygirl24, wanderer says he may have not said to you, he didn't state your name anywhere, but what I read was sarcastic and looks like he said to you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:12 pm

herts wrote:sundaygirl24, wanderer says he may have not said to you, he didn't state your name anywhere, but what I read was sarcastic and looks like he said to you.
Not sarcasm, fact.

Not said to OP, in fact I quoted OP's use of the word 'anyone', so I think I meant 'anyone'....

Also OP has called me a '..bottom dweller' and '..a total prick' - whereas I've said nothing in that ilk, who's the immature one here I wonder...

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

Wanderer the "Guru"?

Post by sundaygirl24 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm

By adding your two pence worth into MY listing you are of course refering to me and on a wider scale basically everyone else in an interacial Marriage applying for a British Visa.

Fact. You made a sweeping dearly beloved comment AND were judgemental when you are supposed to be on here helping people.
You have made me feel very unwelcome and have tarnished the good reputation of this forum.

Why cant you be a decent human being and apologise for your mistake?

meats
BANNED

Re: Wanderer the "Guru"?

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:03 pm

sundaygirl24 wrote:By adding your two pence worth into MY listing you are of course refering to me and on a wider scale basically everyone else in an interacial Marriage applying for a British Visa.

Fact. You made a sweeping dearly beloved comment AND were judgemental when you are supposed to be on here helping people.
You have made me feel very unwelcome and have tarnished the good reputation of this forum.

Why cant you be a decent human being and apologise for your mistake?
Fact - Wanderer made a statement based on what he has seen on these forums. He did not mention you in his statement. You decided that he did, fact.

It should be you apologising to Wanderer for false accusations and personally abusing him if anything. I suggest that you get off of your high horse.

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

pathetic

Post by sundaygirl24 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Unbelievable.

Im obviously banging my head against a brick wall.

I am only sorry for you both. Very small minded and having so much time on your hands that you can attack people who are simply trying to be together as a family.

Surely your time would be better spent helping people here with their immigration enquires rather than bitching them out?

Otherwise go join another more appropriate forum for your idiocy, like for example the BNP Party forum.

meats
BANNED

Re: pathetic

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:20 pm

sundaygirl24 wrote:Unbelievable.

Im obviously banging my head against a brick wall.

I am only sorry for you both. Very small minded and having so much time on your hands that you can attack people who are simply trying to be together as a family.

Surely your time would be better spent helping people here with their immigration enquires rather than bitching them out?

Otherwise go join another more appropriate forum for your idiocy, like for example the BNP Party forum.
If you actually bothered reading the forum before asking your query then you'd have actually seen plenty of examples of Wanderer's comments. So instead of abusing others perhaps you should've looked first and saved yourself from embarrasing yourself.

sundaygirl24
Newly Registered

Wanderer and meats

Post by sundaygirl24 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 pm

It only takes one stupid and discrimanatory remark to offend and undo previous efforts.

I dont care who this person is or why he has a bee in his bonnet about interacial relationships. I just take offence to him venting on my posting and insulting me as well as the group of people to which I belong, when all I was doing was asking a simple reasonable question from people whom I presumed were on this forum to assist.

And who asked you to get involved anyway? I suggest you go crawl back under which ever rock you climbed from under.

And YOU are the one who should be embarrassed by supporting such a prejudiced and rude person.

meats
BANNED

Re: Wanderer and meats

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 pm

sundaygirl24 wrote:It only takes one stupid and discrimanatory remark to offend and undo previous efforts.

I dont care who this person is or why he has a bee in his bonnet about interacial relationships. I just take offence to him venting on my posting and insulting me as well as the group of people to which I belong, when all I was doing was asking a simple reasonable question from people whom I presumed were on this forum to assist.

And who asked you to get involved anyway? I suggest you go crawl back under which ever rock you climbed from under.

And YOU are the one who should be embarrassed by supporting such a prejudiced and rude person.
I didn't realise that interNATIONAL and interRACIAL marriages are the same thing? Have a look and see which one Wanderer mentioned in his message first. And again, i suggest you read some of the threads on here about marriages of convenience and again you'll see why it was mentioned.

Who asked me to get involved? No one, but it's a forum and i can respond to whatever topic i feel like just like you can. I like correcting idiots like you who like playing the dearly beloved card whenever something that you don't like is mentioned.
Last edited by meats on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 pm

My relationship is interracial.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:05 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.