ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused on basis of sponsors finances

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhouse92
Newly Registered

Visa refused on basis of sponsors finances

Post by madhouse92 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 pm

To cut a long story short, I got married to my wife of South African citizenship back in October. She applied for a Spouse Visa at the end of October and today received the devastating news that it's been declined. The reason they have given is that based on my bank statements they're not satisfied i have sufficient funds for her maintenance in the UK and that we would therefore have to rely on public fiunds. My outgoings are marginally less than my income which is some £2k+ per month. Reason for high outgoings is like most single people....pay mortgage on my flat, bills, travel expenses to/from work etc and I have to pay money to the CSA for my daughter.

Ok, now my question is this......my wife has got a guaranteed job placement here in the UK on her return. She was living here in the UK on a working visa, and the company she was working for before departing back to RSA at the end of her working visa supplied us with a letter of employment stating this. The letter from her employers was sent along with her application as evidence that she will be working in the UK on her return. Should immigration have taken into account her employment and salary as part of the decision making process? In which case we would have more than sufficient funds to support ourselves without the need to rely on public funds.

I'm hoping someone can advise on what they feel on this matter as my intention is to write to the immigration tribunal stating they appear to have overlooked the fact my wife will be working on her return to the UK and that we would therefore have sufficient funds to support ourselves.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Yes. I believe that they should also have taken her circumstances into account.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

madhouse92
Newly Registered

Post by madhouse92 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Vinny - thanks for your reply. Been searching everywhere to get some information which I can use to "backup" my letter to the tribunal.