ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - am i too late?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qking
Newly Registered

ILR - am i too late?

Post by qking » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:25 pm

i am in a bit of a mess (i think) my wife came to the uk on a marriage visa, she got her visa on 20/09/07 and came to the uk on the 16/10/07 she has passed the life in the uk test (ESOL) but on advise of the people who we received the ESOL certificate from told us we need to fill in the form AN application for naturalisation, we later found out that was not the correct form we should have filled in and sent off the ILR form SET(M) i have filled this form in and is ready to be sent off, but as you can tell we have gone over the 2 years to apply for ILR, do i still send the ILR form off or do i have to send off the FLR form to extend the stay?

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by loltalk_1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 am

Hi my friend,
well i think its too late because her visa was expired back in Oct/2009,
I had similler situation but I didnt apply late, it was a payment problem.
fill FLR SET-M application and send it to the HO or book an apointment, they might consider ur situation if you give them a good reason.
but its important to MOVE RIGHT NOW, dont waste more time.
all the best, let me know wots gonna happen with u.

regards

vinny

Re: hi

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:31 am

See also Husbands, wives and civil partners.
loltalk_1 wrote:or book an apointment,
What services are not available? wrote:The offices cannot consider any cases that are not covered by the immigration rules, are complex or made by someone who has a poor immigration history. These applications must be posted to the address given on the application form.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

qking
Newly Registered

Thank you loltalk_1

Post by qking » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:50 pm

thanks for your reply, i appreciate it.
i am going to send my application SET(M) ILR by next week, the only thing i'm worried about is losing the fee of £820, but i think if i send a letter with the application explainig the reason for the delay and i will get my local MP to do the same to make my case a little stronger.
thanks once again, i will keep yuo posted

loltalk_1
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by loltalk_1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Dear qking,

Yeah do it asap, ring your local MP, you find him or her here: http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/ just type your postcode and you will get all his or her information.
Write for the HO a good letter, my letter was 4 pages, they like to read lol
Your case is very similar to mine, I've been waiting since the 3rd of May 2009, which is 8 months.
But I've heard that its very hard for the HO to deport someone married in this country, its something they avoid to do unless they believe the marriage is not genuine.
the only bad thing about our situation is we cant appeal if we are refused.
so lets hope things will go right and we will get it.

all the best my friend..

regards

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:05 pm

It will be an out of time application. It is highly likely that it will be granted, but you should explain the circumstances that led to this delay. MP's letter wont be of any help.