ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seven out of 10 favour immigration restrictions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrishTom
BANNED

Seven out of 10 favour immigration restrictions

Post by IrishTom » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Nearly seven out of ten Irish people now want the inflow of foreign nationals to be curtailed fearing that further new arrivals will strain the social welfare system.

The poll was conducted after it was revealed in the Sunday Independent last week that the number of foreign nationals on the Live Register is now about 80,000 -- or around 20 per cent of the total.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 94640.html

Now, whilst you moan and groan about waiting for citizenship and having to deal with incompetent immigration officials, think about what the Irish people want. An end to mass immigration.

Ireland for the Irish. 8)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 pm

The level of ignorance and stupidity possessed by lovey like you, is hard to comprehend indeed.

First of all the Citizenship applicants you complained about, are all in gainful employment, and possibly subsidising towards the dole payment for you compatriots. They will not even make it through the citizenship process if they didn't have a job. They most likely have never claimed any of the state benefit you are complaining about.

Secondly the opinion poll you quoted was carried out for accession countries, which the Irish can do nothing about, as they have rights like yourself to move to any country of their choosing within the EU, while the people applying for citizenship are mostly work permit holder, who have filled in vacancies which Irish citizens are unable to fill. They have, and continue to pay into the system, for which they get nothing more than insults, moaning from half baked idiots like yourself and incompetent staff from the department of Justice.

You obviously haven't thought about the millions of Irish who live in the diaspora, have you? for example the millions of illegal /Undocumented Immigrants who are in America. I wonder if the American say the same about them as you are purporting you compatriot are saying about the foreigners here. The fact of the matter is, without these foreigners you are complaining about, the Irish would have been in a worse of position than they are now.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Obie wrote:The level of ignorance and stupidity possessed by lovey like you, is hard to comprehend indeed.

Personal attacks already. :lol:
Obie wrote:First of all the Citizenship applicants you complained about, are all in gainful employment, and possibly subsidising towards the dole payment for you compatriots. They will not even make it through the citizenship process if they didn't have a job. They most likely have never claimed any of the state benefit you are complaining about.
All in gainful employment? Are you sure about that? Per capita, more immigrants are in reciept of welfare payments, than Irish nationals. Over one third of people in reciept of rent allowance are immigrants.

It could be argued that immigrants displace Irish nationals. In fact in 2008, 90% of all new jobs created, went to immigrants.
Obie wrote:Secondly the opinion poll you quoted was carried out for accession countries, which the Irish can do nothing about, as they have rights like yourself to move to any country of their choosing within the EU, while the people applying for citizenship are mostly work permit holder, who have filled in vacancies which Irish citizens are unable to fill.
So all those non european immigrants working in Spar and Londis are filling positions Ireland could not fill?
Obie wrote:They have, and continue to pay into the system, for which they get nothing more than insults, moaning from half baked idiots like yourself and incompetent staff from the department of Justice.
Minimum wage workers pay little or no income tax. Most immigrants, not all, are in minimum wage jobs. That goes for Non Eu workers too. Therefore they take out more than they pay in.
Obie wrote:You obviously haven't thought about the millions of Irish who live in the diaspora, have you? for example the millions of illegal /Undocumented Immigrants who are in America. I wonder if the American say the same about them as you are purporting you compatriot are saying about the foreigners here. The fact of the matter is, without these foreigners you are complaining about, the Irish would have been in a worse of position than they are now.
Eh, even Brian Lenihan admitted mass immigration and cheap labour was one of the many reasons that we are in such a mess.

As for the 50,000 Irish illegals, deport them. In return let us deport our illegals.

The immigrants have government quangos and the liberal media on their side, forever bombarding us with propaganda. Time for us to meet like with like.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Irish Tom, your are obviously severly brain washed, posibly young and very antagonistic to migration, you also appear confused about the different categories of migrant into Ireland, but maybe, just maybe, some part of your brain is still open to reasoning, one can only hope.

There is a clear dinstintion between immigrant from accession EU countries, and immigrant who came into Ireland, by virtue of being offered a work permit, to fill jobs, Irish are simply unable to unqualified to do.

The later group of people, are the ones who are mostly applying for citizenship, and appear the ones you are waging this campaing of hate towards.

I do have issues with nationals from accession countries, who come in to Ireland simply to milk the system, some of whom don't even live or work here. It is painful indeed. However, one has to be aware that this degree of sophisticated fraud is not just confined to these national, but British who live in the Northern Counties, administered by the British Authorities are involved in these activities as well. However, the media never make mention of them, as it will not be a selling headline.

Most of these people, uses addresses of friends on the Irish side of the border to capitalise on the higher rate of dole paid in the Irish jurisdiction. All of these acts are wrong, and evil, especially in the middle of a recession, when the public deficit is so high.

Unfortunately, these people cannot be stopped, as they have unrestricted right to come into Ireland.

The "citizens applicant" class are totally different. Most of those people have Highly skilled jobs, which pays in the range of 30K to 60k and pay huge taxes as well. To be showing animosity to these people who are paying so much, and filling those hospital vacancies, those IT positions, Engineering etc is not fair and wrong.

Remember in the 80's when life was unbearable for Irish, and they had to go to UK and other countries in search of a better life. Can you imagine if these countries showed as much animosity to your people as you are showing now. It would not be nice, would it?

Incidentally, the guys in America don't want to come back, and if you are saying they should be deported, then the economic implication for the Irish Government, will be worse than the 80,000 foreign benefit claimant.

Except of course, your issue is to do with the colour of one's skin rather than their contribution to society.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Well said Obie

Post by MAKUSA » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 am

Obie wrote:Irish Tom, your are obviously severly brain washed, posibly young and very antagonistic to migration, you also appear confused about the different categories of migrant into Ireland, but maybe, just maybe, some part of your brain is still open to reasoning, one can only hope.

There is a clear dinstintion between immigrant from accession EU countries, and immigrant who came into Ireland, by virtue of being offered a work permit, to fill jobs, Irish are simply unable to unqualified to do.

The later group of people, are the ones who are mostly applying for citizenship, and appear the ones you are waging this campaing of hate towards.

I do have issues with nationals from accession countries, who come in to Ireland simply to milk the system, some of whom don't even live or work here. It is painful indeed. However, one has to be aware that this degree of sophisticated fraud is not just confined to these national, but British who live in the Northern Counties, administered by the British Authorities are involved in these activities as well. However, the media never make mention of them, as it will not be a selling headline.

Most of these people, uses addresses of friends on the Irish side of the border to capitalise on the higher rate of dole paid in the Irish jurisdiction. All of these acts are wrong, and evil, especially in the middle of a recession, when the public deficit is so high.

Unfortunately, these people cannot be stopped, as they have unrestricted right to come into Ireland.

The "citizens applicant" class are totally different. Most of those people have Highly skilled jobs, which pays in the range of 30K to 60k and pay huge taxes as well. To be showing animosity to these people who are paying so much, and filling those hospital vacancies, those IT positions, Engineering etc is not fair and wrong.

Remember in the 80's when life was unbearable for Irish, and they had to go to UK and other countries in search of a better life. Can you imagine if these countries showed as much animosity to your people as you are showing now. It would not be nice, would it?

Incidentally, the guys in America don't want to come back, and if you are saying they should be deported, then the economic implication for the Irish Government, will be worse than the 80,000 foreign benefit claimant.

Except of course, your issue is to do with the colour of one's skin rather than their contribution to society.
Well said Obie, give the ignoramus some hard facts.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:09 pm

I pity you mate

I think You are not Irish at all- because most Irish people I know are nice

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:37 pm

Obie wrote:Irish Tom, your are obviously severly brain washed, posibly young and very antagonistic to migration, you also appear confused about the different categories of migrant into Ireland, but maybe, just maybe, some part of your brain is still open to reasoning, one can only hope.

Well said Obie. I would however not bother dignifying an obviously ignorant poster with such a logical response. A wise man once said: "Against logic, there is no more potent weapon than ignorance".

Nuff said. Have a nice day mate

dublin3
- thin ice -

well said..

Post by dublin3 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Obie I know you said its ryt but I don't think so you should care about these kinds of post..I know every1 hates immigrants but they can't do nothing about it because if they sent us back who will work for them and pay taxes for them so they won't get social walfare and I am 100 % sure most of them will be sleeping infornt of GPO..don't bother at all..

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 am

i think it is easy to hate someone than to like someone. People are all same no matter where they come from after all they all go under the ground once they are dead. God has not closed the land for them.

I think most of the immigrant who came to ireland are hard worker and they are already working in places where irish people are not either qualified or do not want to.

So, we need immigrants as Ireland is standing alone on the sea with no neighboring countries and it is always good to have other people to learn about their culture and stuff.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:33 pm

IrishTom dont let these fools upset you .

Rebel82 was deported hence his/her anger .

Obie is a unemployed person with way to much time on his hands . Get a job Obie !!!
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

meats
BANNED

Re: well said..

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:39 am

rebel82 wrote:Obie I know you said its ryt but I don't think so you should care about these kinds of post..I know every1 hates immigrants but they can't do nothing about it because if they sent us back who will work for them and pay taxes for them so they won't get social walfare and I am 100 % sure most of them will be sleeping infornt of GPO..don't bother at all..
If, as you say, immigrants all leave and there would be no welfare state then that is fantastic news. All immigrants leave now so that there's no welfare state at all!! :D

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 am

I will strongly recommend you meats that leave England and come to Ireland and open a branch of BNP I hope you will get a huge response because you are wasting your time over in UK because you will never be successful.
and stop dreaming and live a normal life. :lol:

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:21 am

rebel82 wrote:I will strongly recommend you meats that leave England and come to Ireland and open a branch of BNP I hope you will get a huge response because you are wasting your time over in UK because you will never be successful.
No intentions of going to Ireland but thanks for the advice. How's life back in your own country following your deportation?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:42 am

meats wrote:
rebel82 wrote:I will strongly recommend you meats that leave England and come to Ireland and open a branch of BNP I hope you will get a huge response because you are wasting your time over in UK because you will never be successful.
No intentions of going to Ireland but thanks for the advice. How's life back in your own country following your deportation?
Deportation? Was he another failed asylum seeker? :lol:

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:22 am

IrishTom wrote:Was he another failed asylum seeker? :lol:
Just like you? :lol:
All your base are belong to us

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:49 am

victor8600 wrote:
IrishTom wrote:Was he another failed asylum seeker? :lol:
Just like you? :lol:
Irish born and bred. I was born here, I didnt make up a chicken and bull story like the vast majority of Nigerians resident in the Irish state. Only 500 were issued work permits and student visas, ergo only 500 or so should be resident in the Irish state.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Rattlesnake we should live the past where it belongs- in the past. People come to this forum to seek advise and not to be insulted.

There are some of your past, which would not be nice to bring up on the forum. I read some of your experience in life, and i feel sympathetic for your situation, i don't bring it up and use it against you, or say your behaviour is as a result of your past experience.

It would be spiteful and insensitive of me to do so. You can take about me as much as you like, i take it as a token of pride, but please desist from insulting other members and bringing up their past, it is not nice.

Being unemployed is not a criminal offense, i have never lived of any state benefit, and i am sure my circumstance is liable to improve.

Today it is me, you never know who it might be tomorrow.

To IrishTom- Your view will never be validated by any right minded members of this forum, because it is based on the race of an individual rather than the content of their character or their contribution to society.

You don't have a problem with immigration, you have a problem with certain groups of people, specifically people from the India subcontinent and Africa and Carribean migrating to Ireland, which makes you and unsavoury individual.

You fail to realise that there are countless Nigerian who are gainfully employed and paying tax in the state.

You also fail to realise that there are thousands of Irish in the North, coming over to the border to make fraudlent claim, the last time i hard, there were about 18,000 of such claims, which have been detected.

ProudWhiteEuropean
BANNED

Post by ProudWhiteEuropean » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Obie wrote:Rattlesnake we should live the past where it belongs- in the past. People come to this forum to seek advise and not to be insulted.

There are some of your past, which would not be nice to bring up on the forum. I read some of your experience in life, and i feel sympathetic for your situation, i don't bring it up and use it against you, or say your behaviour is as a result of your past experience.

It would be spiteful and insensitive of me to do so. You can take about me as much as you like, i take it as a token of pride, but please desist from insulting other members and bringing up their past, it is not nice.

Being unemployed is not a criminal offense, i have never lived of any state benefit, and i am sure my circumstance is liable to improve.

Today it is me, you never know who it might be tomorrow.

To IrishTom- Your view will never be validated by any right minded members of this forum, because it is based on the race of an individual rather than the content of their character or their contribution to society.

You don't have a problem with immigration, you have a problem with certain groups of people, specifically people from the India subcontinent and Africa and Carribean migrating to Ireland, which makes you and unsavoury individual.

You fail to realise that there are countless Nigerian who are gainfully employed and paying tax in the state.

You also fail to realise that there are thousands of Irish in the North, coming over to the border to make fraudlent claim, the last time i hard, there were about 18,000 of such claims, which have been detected.
Irish tom is an indigenous irishman, and as an indigenous irishman he has indigneous rights as laid out by The United Nations on Human Rights.

I am against mass immigration, of people into my country (UK). I am not against immigraiton of non eu individuals as long as that immigration is tightly restricted.

And no I do not care what tax they pay. I want to live in a country where I and my people are the majority. I want to live in country of my own race, culture and people. That does nt make me dearly beloved, or narrrow minded. It is within my rights as an indigenous person and it is no different to what Indians, Pakistans or Africans want for their countries.

And dont bother waving the race card at me, it means nothing to me.

New Poll Shows Seven out of Ten Want Immigration Slashed
75% Worried about Impact Immigration is having on Britain, 5% are Pleased. Nearly 2/3rds of Labour Voters want Immigration Sharply Cut
November 26, 2009
On the day that new Government statistics show that immigration in 2008 was 163,000, a new YouGov poll. for Migrationwatch UK reveals the vast majority of the public are concerned about immigration and want it cut substantially so that the UK’s population does not hit 70 million in 2029, as official figures project.

To avoid the population hitting 70 million, net migration needs to be cut to 50,000 a year, a cut of 113,000 from the latest figure.

The YouGov poll found that 72% want it cut to 50,000 or less. Nearly two thirds of people (62%) who say they would vote Labour or Liberal Democrat want immigration cut to 50,000 or less.

The poll reveals the public’s lack of trust in the Government on an issue which most people find worrying. 77% of people disagree that the Government is open and honest about the scale of immigration into Britain: only a third (32%)of those who say they would vote Labour agree the Government is open and honest. 76% of people are worried about the impact that immigration is having on Britain. The region where concern is greatest is the North of England, where 80% are worried compared to just over two thirds in London. Just 5% of respondents said they were “pleasedâ€

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:10 pm

I am against mass immigration, of people into my country (UK). I am not against immigraiton of non eu individuals as long as that immigration is tightly restricted.

And no I do not care what tax they pay. I want to live in a country where I and my people are the majority. I want to live in country of my own race, culture and people. That does nt make me dearly beloved, or narrrow minded. It is within my rights as an indigenous person and it is no different to what Indians, Pakistans or Africans want for their countries.
The British colonised half the world and subjected indigenous people to their religion, customs, morals and beloved. Now that this great empire has collapsed these previously oppressed should be entitled to colonise the mother country. Good luck to them.

ProudWhiteEuropean
BANNED

Post by ProudWhiteEuropean » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Lost Soul wrote:

The British colonised half the world and subjected indigenous people to their religion, customs, morals and beloved. Now that this great empire has collapsed these previously oppressed should be entitled to colonise the mother country. Good luck to them.
I am not responsible for the actions of my ancestors. That has nothing to do with me.

I will also add that the British government has let in a huge sustained influx of people from these ex colonies.

It could also be argued that whilst I do not agree with colonialism, Half the world is better off because of British colonialism.
Last edited by ProudWhiteEuropean on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:15 pm

I'm afraid your ancestors made you what you are. Isn't this what you were saying about your genetic make-up?
These people were forced to tolerate your kind now you'd better learn to tolerate them.

ProudWhiteEuropean
BANNED

Post by ProudWhiteEuropean » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm afraid your ancestors made you what you are. Isn't this what you were saying about your genetic make-up?

No, it was not what I was saying at all, you clearly have no grasp of what I was saying. And you have failed utterly, to absorb or understand any of the points I was putting across.
You are clearly disgruntled at something (I have no idea what or whay that is). You are not offering any informative or well formed thought into argument. You are simply attempting (and failing) to provoke some kind of reaction from me, which I regret to inform you, you will not suceed
I also find your thoughts very disturbing, as saying that I am responsible for the actions of my forebearers, and I am dumbfounded to see how you made the utterly preposterous link between genetics and the actions of ones forbearers. This was part of nazi ideology in case you have not learned and was the reason that the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights stated prolifically that no group of people shall be responsible for the actions of their ancestors. This was due to the vile ideology that the nazis purpetrated in Nuremberg.

These people were forced to tolerate your kind now you'd better learn to tolerate them

I do tolerate Immigrants from all cultures. And I am fortunate enough to have friends of many different races, culture and ethnicities.
I am just opposed to mass uncontrolled immigration. And the increasing diversity in Britian. I want to live in a country that is predominantely made up of my own ethnic group. Again this does not mean I am against controlled immigration. And it is well within my gauranteed human rights to wish this so.

I will also point out that I am sure there are very few migrants who come to britian that lived through the occupation of the British Raj, or the British army in rhodesia etc. Considering the vast majority of migrants are under 30 years of age

A lot of it (not all) is in the distant past.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Lost Soul wrote:

No it doesn't. And let's be honest, the British Empire was one of the best things to happen to the world.

ProudWhiteEuropean
BANNED

Post by ProudWhiteEuropean » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:26 pm

meats wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:

No it doesn't. And let's be honest, the British Empire was one of the best things to happen to the world.
And at least the descendants of the people who lived under British rule, are able to enjoy the benefit that the British brought to their colonies. Benefits such as technology, infrastructure, engineering, science, industry, agricultural techniques and methods, medical science and tech nology etc. etc. The list goes on. And despite atrocities and oppression committed by the british, at least their ex colonies live with the benefits we brought them to this day. I am also glad they are able to benefit from the massive aid packages, financial incentives, and foreign investment granted to them on a yearly basis.

This year alone Britain has given india for instance billions of pounds in aid, and the eu has granted them 1 billion euros to clean up the holy ganges, this is a country with its own space programm and ballistic nuclear weapons yet they rely on european and british aid to assit with poverty.

Britian has given tens of billions along with tens of billions of euros to african ex colonies to devlop renewable energy sources for their countries.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 pm

ProudWhiteEuropean wrote:
meats wrote:
Lost Soul wrote:

And at least the descendants of the people who lived under British rule, are able to enjoy the benefit that the British brought to their colonies. Benefits such as technology, infrastructure, engineering, science, industry, agricultural techniques and methods, medical science and tech nology etc. etc. The list goes on. And despite atrocities and oppression committed by the british, at least their ex colonies live with the benefits we brought them to this day. I am also glad they are able to benefit from the massive aid packages, financial incentives, and foreign investment granted to them on a yearly basis.

This year alone Britain has given india for instance billions of pounds in aid, and the eu has granted them 1 billion euros to clean up the holy ganges, this is a country with its own space programm and ballistic nuclear weapons yet they rely on european and british aid to assit with poverty.

Britian has given tens of billions along with tens of billions of euros to african ex colonies to devlop renewable energy sources for their countries.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Yep, just looked at how Mugabe has ruined Zimbabwe after he came to power in 1980. What was once a very prosperous country under British rule is now run by a dictator who was put in power by a Zimbabwean by the name of Wilfred Mhanda. Very dearly beloved against the whites there producing the majority of their wealth (farmers) and now there's a huge famine there because the blacks have very little idea about farming. It got so bad that the black Zimbabweans were even claiming asylum in the UK!