ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent PSW Question - Am I Over Stayed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krhcas
Newly Registered

Urgent PSW Question - Am I Over Stayed?

Post by krhcas » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi Everyone-

Wondering if you could provide some guidance for my PSW application.

After obtaining my MBA this year, I am applying for a PSW visa. However, during 2006, I lived in the UK on a 6 month work permit. My permit was good for six months from date of entry to the UK. I came into the UK on the 2nd May and left on the 18th November. However, I spent a number of days out of the country (travel to Ireland, US, Netherlands, France) and only spent 179 days total in the UK. Do I need to note that I overstayed my visit?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:53 pm

If you overstayed the date that you should have left, and there is a question about it you need to answer then you must tell the truth.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm

If they ask you to mention it, better do, however, If you overstayed for 28 days or less (after your visa expired) and left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State; it is unlikely that you are going to be refused for leave to remain or entry clearance.

the link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part9/
________
Colorado Marijuana Dispensary