ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partners, URGENT! PLEASE HELP!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

in-sookzoe
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partners, URGENT! PLEASE HELP!

Post by in-sookzoe » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi, I am asking on behalf of my friend, who had been living with his girlfriend who is a European National for 2 years. But he can show only 14 month on the same address, where he has the proof by showing letters, contract.... the rest of the time he had been living with her in a friends house but doesnt have any letters to that address (as he was using another friends address for his letters, where he used to live before moving with his gf and never changed his address). That friend who they had been living with both of them would confirm this in written. On the application form for UPV they are saying: "If you have been living with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2 years period, please provide a letter from the relative and/or friend conforming this."

How would be the changes then?? A friend would confirm that they have been living with them, but they dont have ny letters to proof that apart from this friend who gave them a confirmation letter in written.
Could we gie it a try, or is the UKBA gonna reject on the ground of not showing 2 years proof, apart from the friend?

Please help, as the friend this would be my friends last option!
Thanks in advance!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm

UPV is pretty strictly applied - suggest ur friend waits till they have the proper 24 months evidence.

Letters are good backups to bolster an application but the HO will ignore them as evidence in lieu of the proper documentation.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Unmarried Partners, URGENT! PLEASE HELP!

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:18 pm

in-sookzoe wrote:Hi, I am asking on behalf of my friend, who had been living with his girlfriend who is a European National for 2 years. But he can show only 14 month on the same address, where he has the proof by showing letters, contract.... the rest of the time he had been living with her in a friends house but doesnt have any letters to that address (as he was using another friends address for his letters, where he used to live before moving with his gf and never changed his address). That friend who they had been living with both of them would confirm this in written. On the application form for UPV they are saying: "If you have been living with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2 years period, please provide a letter from the relative and/or friend conforming this."

How would be the changes then?? A friend would confirm that they have been living with them, but they dont have ny letters to proof that apart from this friend who gave them a confirmation letter in written.
Could we gie it a try, or is the UKBA gonna reject on the ground of not showing 2 years proof, apart from the friend?

Please help, as the friend this would be my friends last option!
Thanks in advance!!
For the unmarried partner visa, they really do need to see evidence for a minimum of two years. I think your friend's application would get rejected as 14 months is far from 24 months.
I tell it like it is.