ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWill

Bank statement questions

Post by MWill » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 pm

A question I have about bank statemtns:

Firstly, is it 3 months or 6 months the sponsor has to provide, when the application is from the US?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Six months everywhere I think - u can get away with three tho..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

MWill

Post by MWill » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks! I have another question - if my latest statement (I'm the sponsor) shows a payment made from my account to a UK company while I'm also, in other evidence, showing I was on holiday on a US cruise with my fiancee, do I need to explain it? It would be the first payment of a subscription, set up in advance through debit card. Just wanted to make sure it doesn't look contradictory.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm

MWill wrote:Thanks! I have another question - if my latest statement (I'm the sponsor) shows a payment made from my account to a UK company while I'm also, in other evidence, showing I was on holiday on a US cruise with my fiancee, do I need to explain it? It would be the first payment of a subscription, set up in advance through debit card. Just wanted to make sure it doesn't look contradictory.
I doubt it matters what kind of payments you are making as long as you can show that you can support yourselves without the use of public funds. Do you have atleast £100.95/week left over after rent and council tax? That's the minimum you need.
I tell it like it is.

MWill

Post by MWill » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:26 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
MWill wrote: I doubt it matters what kind of payments you are making as long as you can show that you can support yourselves without the use of public funds. Do you have atleast £100.95/week left over after rent and council tax? That's the minimum you need.
Maintenance wise we're fine - we're comfortably above the £100.95 and have some savings. I just didn't want them to question why there's a payment made from my account at a time when I'm on a ship, and so start wondering whether I'm being honest when I say I'm on a ship at that time. I'm probably being super paranoid here, though. :wink:

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:33 pm

MWill wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
MWill wrote: I doubt it matters what kind of payments you are making as long as you can show that you can support yourselves without the use of public funds. Do you have atleast £100.95/week left over after rent and council tax? That's the minimum you need.
Maintenance wise we're fine - we're comfortably above the £100.95 and have some savings. I just didn't want them to question why there's a payment made from my account at a time when I'm on a ship, and so start wondering whether I'm being honest when I say I'm on a ship at that time. I'm probably being super paranoid here, though. :wink:
I wouldn't worry about it. If they decide to be analogy about it and say that you weren't on holiday then just get them to check the ship's records as they must have a record of when you entered the boat and when you checked off it.

MWill

Post by MWill » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:38 pm

meats wrote: I wouldn't worry about it. If they decide to be analogy about it and say that you weren't on holiday then just get them to check the ship's records as they must have a record of when you entered the boat and when you checked off it.
What, get the ECO to check? Do they do that? I'm including proof of my cruise tickets and my US entry stamp. I just wondered whether to put a note on saying, "this is why there was a payment made at that time". Don't know if it's needed, though. It's an online payment, so no reason why it can't have been made from the US or set up in advance. Just wanted to make sure.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:58 pm

MWill wrote:
meats wrote: I wouldn't worry about it. If they decide to be analogy about it and say that you weren't on holiday then just get them to check the ship's records as they must have a record of when you entered the boat and when you checked off it.
What, get the ECO to check? Do they do that? I'm including proof of my cruise tickets and my US entry stamp. I just wondered whether to put a note on saying, "this is why there was a payment made at that time". Don't know if it's needed, though. It's an online payment, so no reason why it can't have been made from the US or set up in advance. Just wanted to make sure.
If they question the payment and then decide that you weren't on the ship then yes get them to check. I wouldn't bother with the note, as long as you meet the minimum £100.95 after rent/mortgage and council tax then i wouldn't worry too much.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Yes I would say you're being paranoid. Just relax :)
I tell it like it is.