ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Check list-Applying from Pune

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eskay_s

Final Check list-Applying from Pune

Post by eskay_s » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am applying shortly for tier 1 visa from Pune VFS,INDIA .I just wanted the seniors to go through the list of supporting documents ,which I am submitting and confirm the same plz.

Qualification:

• Original Masters Degree (M.C.A)Certificate

Previous Earnings :

• 12 months of pay slips, stamped and signed by the employer (H.R.).
• Salary Bank Account Statements for the claim period showing my net salary credited and these are not online statements..

English Language Requirement:

My PG Degree is there in PBS calculator,however I have cleared TOEFL exam in aug2008 with score of 111.

• Original copy of the TOEFL certification results

Maintenance (Funds) Requirement:

• Bank statements covering the last 3months from my salary bank account and these are not online statements.

Apart from the above I am submitting covering letter and Marriage certificate (although I am not applying currently for my dependent).

My doubt is for maintenance of funds:

Is the bank statement suffice or do i need to get the letter also from bank?

Please go through the above list and advise the same.

Cheers

UKTIER1_0209
Newly Registered

Post by UKTIER1_0209 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Bank statement is more than enough.

You "DO NOT" need bank letter if the statements are original.

I got my tier 1 approved from USA just last week. My bank here (Bank of America) does not provide any kind of letter on bank letterhead. It is against their "privacy and information protection act".

Good luck with your application,
Vaib

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Letter is not required if the bankstatements are ORIGINAL (in the sense u received them by post at ur address);

pls check that the NET amounts match exactly..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Seems fine, but please do not forget to give your valid passport with empty page for visa and recent photographs according to photo guidance of UKBA :wink: .

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Since you are not applying for your dependent with you marriage Certificate is not required. It will unnecessary confuse case worker.

Are you using same bank statement for Earnings as well as Maintenance funds? If yes, than mention the same in your cover letter clearly.

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Ramesh,

Are you saying that if we go to the bank and get them printed from them, then we need a letter from the bank as well regarding statements ?

please advice...
tvn_ramesh wrote:Letter is not required if the banks
tatements are ORIGINAL (in the sense u received them by post at ur address);

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm

mno2uk wrote:Ramesh,

Are you saying that if we go to the bank and get them printed from them, then we need a letter from the bank as well regarding statements ?

please advice...

If yours is a regular account.. you go to bank and get them printed in that case sign/stamp on each page is enough..

only if ur's is online account in that case a letter is required from bank..

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Okay thank you. Yeah i have got them printed from them and also signed, stamped.

Another small issue bothering me is that which i noticed just now that the bank staff did not sign just on the stamp but slightly away- should this be an issue ? or should i go back to them and get the signs just on the stamp for the copy i have ? normally the sign is on the stamp dnt know why they could be so ignorant ..

Also one more thing - i got a letter from the bank for my fixed deposits and with the line saying they are readily available to me (i did this for two banks and the language is same as i provided them but its on letter head signed n stamped - is that okay as i just wanted it to be the proper wording they ask for)

so the letter has a bluish logo and the bank statements have a black one..this is from icici bank and i m going for tier 1 outside UK.

What do u suggest Guru ji ?

Regards and Good Luck for all..

tvn_ramesh wrote:
mno2uk wrote:Ramesh,

please advice...

If yours is a regular account.. you go to bank and get them printed in that case sign/stamp on each page is enough..

only if ur's is online account in that case a letter is required from bank..

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:47 pm

mno2uk wrote:Another small issue bothering me is that which i noticed just now that the bank staff did not sign just on the stamp but slightly away
Exactly how many centimetres away from the stamp they have signed the statements?