ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Amount

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_immigrant

Maintenance Funds Amount

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi ,
My brother is applying for the student visa under tier 4 from Pakistan. For two years (23 Months to be exact) for ACCA.

He has two years course from an University inside london Boroughs, I also live in London in (Tower Hemlets Borough) in two bed room flat with my wife and one year old daughter, exclusively and privately rented by me. He has already paid full two years tutions fee.

My question has two parts:

1) How much maintenance funds he needs to show ? i.e how many months , based on the fact that his place of study is inside lond on boroughs?

My calculation is as follows:

800(per month) *12(Months) = 9600

is above calculation correct?

2) If I write a letter to British High commission that he will live with me or his initial lodgin will be in my house , will it be any benficial to his visa application and may be reducing the maintenance funds required?

Thanks in advance,
Khurram Mahmood.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:23 am

e just need to sho 9 month balance @ £800 and thats it. u dont need to say anything about ur self to bhc

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:40 am

The above reply is correct. He needs inside london area 7200 pounds for maintenance funds and don't mention that he will live with you otherwise create complications. He should need to submit his bank statement and bank letter from authorities on their letterhead with bank logo both on letterhead and statement and at least Pak Rupees sufficient funds in his own account and not less than 28 days. The other educational documents should be attested/verified by Boards or HEC. This is all he should do from Pakistan and the uni or college should be on Register of Sponsors Education. If needs guidance send me pm.