ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any approvals with lifeintheuktest ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raikal

Any approvals with lifeintheuktest ?

Post by raikal » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:32 pm

Has anyone got approvals for the applications sent after 1st Nov with lifeintheuk pass certificates ?

I found none in the forums !

Thanks

raikal

Post by raikal » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:22 pm

Hi everybody,
It is almost 6 weeks from 1st november and has any one received approvals who applied after this date ?
I have applied on 10th Nov thru NCS got ack on 17th Nov and still waiting for the good news

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:35 pm

Raikal, you need to appreciate that you are behind in the queue all those that applied in October or earlier. Undoubtedly IND in Liverpool got deluged with applications from those who applied then to avoid the Citizenship Test or the ESOL/Citizenship course.

The average wait time as specified on the IND website is now down to 3.99 months. Hopefully you will hear well before that.
John

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:48 pm

My wife applied on the 15th of Nov. We got an acknowledgement on the 23rd followed by the return of the original life in the UK cert on the 29th saying that they will not need the document again and confirming the personal details on the naturalisation certificate should the application be approved. It said they are still making the decision.
So things seem to be progressing and it hasn't even been a month yet so I am not really concerned.

dabar

Return of Life In The UK Test Letter?

Post by dabar » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:04 pm

lemess wrote:We got an acknowledgement on the 23rd followed by the return of the original life in the UK cert on the 29th saying that they will not need the document again
I was under the impression that they do not return the Test Pass Letter. I remember to have read this some where on IND site.
I have received the acknowledgement to my BC application on 26th Nov, but no return of the Test Pass Letter so far.

flyez

Post by flyez » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:53 pm

My situation is likely as the same as debar- that is - no return of the Pass letter of Life-in-the-UK Test.

My naturalisation application have had some bad luck so far.
1. sent application via Wandsworth at 15-Nov
2. Received HO acknowledge letter but said my fee payment was not enclosed (either HO or NCS got lost my payment slip) and I will be contaced for this again.
3. After several days waiting, I sent another payment slip on 28-Nov.
4. Found out payment taken on 07-Dec, but only Charged £268, rather than £468 it supposed to be (for myself and my daughter).
5. 09-Dec, 2nd acknowledge letter received which confirm my personal details (name, date of birth, place of birth) again and said

we are still dealing with application, and we will inform you of our decision as soon as we have received the results of our character enquiries, which are carried out on all naturalisation applications. This may take several months.

So, should I send further 3rd payment slip again which politely remind HO that they forgot to charge my daughter's part.

Or just let it go and find out whether only myself has been dealt with, or luckily including my daughter's application (for registered as citizen) have been taken care of?

If HO do not charge the payment ( £200) for my daughter's part all the way, I think the bottom line is - I need to submit application for my daughter again once I become citizen if they eventually forget to deal with my daughter's application. In the case, the payment is still the same (£200) for my daughter.

Currently I tend not to submit 3rd payment slip for my daughter (actually its not in a hurry for my daughter case and she could even wait until my wife's naturalisation application - about 10 months later) as I start to feel a little bit hassle, and my case might be months delayed for the final approval letter compareing with other people submitted via NCS around the same time.

Any other mates have better idea for my situation- send, or not to send 3rd payment slip?

Of course, your any opinion is much appreciated.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:14 pm

Sorry you have been having these problems!

I think you should take action to pay the balance now. It is most unlikely that both of the applications will get through the machine without the full fees being paid, and if they have to write to you for the balance of the money you're likely to find that both of your applications get delayed.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:20 am

yes. got an approval for a life in the uk test app

see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 1686#31686

raikal

Post by raikal » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:13 pm

Hi all,

I got the approval today with life in the uk test.