ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> d_shubhangi,

Well nice to hear that you received your acknowledgement. I am still waiting for it. And Best of luck for the future. I would say 2/3 more weeks as KESH mentioned in his last msg.

Keep your fingers cross all the time.

Pray for me as well.
eagleeye09, I think you should call UKBA Monday and ask why there has been delay in acknowledging your application? Usually it comes withing two weeks. Hope you get it on Monday if not give them a call and let us know the outcome.
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:01 am

-> Kesh

Thanx for the advice. I will give them a call if did not get acknowledgement by monday.

Seems like life has stopped these days. My little ones aren't well n besides cant help myself of not thinking about this application day n night.

Irony is how long its gonna take... noone really knows. Still has not lost hope.. Lets see...

My prayers are for everybody who is in the same boat as me and d-shubhangi.

I will keep u all posted of any updates whenever i will get em.

d_shubhangi
Newly Registered

TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by d_shubhangi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:41 am

-> Thanks Kesh, will now wait and see

-> eagleeye09 - Do not worry this much.
See the forum, if the application is made and is within rules then the chances of quick acceptance and very high. Unless you are making application in special case you should not worry.

In my case, my application is special case -
I was away from the country for more days than allowed. So submitted my application with supporting docs saying why I was away etc.
So I am bit anxious..

Good luck...

slim
Newly Registered

Sorry I don't know how to post my timeline,hope am right now

Post by slim » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:24 pm

my timeline
NCS or Postal: NCS @ Lewisham
Date of submission or posting: 13/11/2009
CRITERIA: 2 yrs spouse + 1yr ILR
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 16/11/2009
Date of debit of account: 27/11/2009 (paid by cheque)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 28/11/2009 (dated 23/11/2009)
Date of receipt of approval: 05/12/2009 (dated 02/12/2009)
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln. for passport:Pending
Interview for Passport :Pending
Passport received: Pending

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by keshgrover » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:03 pm

d_shubhangi wrote:-> Thanks Kesh, will now wait and see

-> eagleeye09 - Do not worry this much.
See the forum, if the application is made and is within rules then the chances of quick acceptance and very high. Unless you are making application in special case you should not worry.

In my case, my application is special case -
I was away from the country for more days than allowed. So submitted my application with supporting docs saying why I was away etc.
So I am bit anxious..

Good luck...
Eagleeye, I know this wait is nerve breaking and increases anxiety. Day and night only one thing roams around the head is the outcome of application.

Shubhangi, as long as you have explained and provided the evidence with your application you should be ok. But the main factor is how good case worker is going tobe who will look at your application.

Slim, your time lines are really impressive. Well done mate.

Regards
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:26 pm

-> d_shubhangi And -> KESH

I will rate my application as a special case due to my poor credit history. Thats why always asks everyones good wishes. :)

Well I will wait now to see the outcome as have no other option.

Lets hope and pray for the best outcome. And yes I received the acknowledgement today...

Applied through NCS. Ealing..
Date of submission : 19/11/09
Date received @ HO: 21/11/09
CRITERIA : 5 Yrs + ILR for over 26 months..
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 27/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 05/12/09 (Dated 27/11/09)
[/b]Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending
Method used : Pending
Last edited by eagleeye09 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:04 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> d_shubhangi And -> KESH

I will rate my application as a special case due to my poor credit history. Thats why always asks everyones good wishes. :)

Well I will wait now to see the outcome as have no other option.

Lets hope and pray for the best outcome. And yes I received the acknowledgement today...

Applied through NCS. Ealing..
Date of submission : 19/11/09
Date received @ HO: 21/11/09
CRITERIA : 5 Yrs + ILR for over 26 months..
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 27/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 05/12/09
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Sorry for being pain eagleeye, could you kindly share what kind of problem have you got with your credit score? And if there were any CCJ's then what kind of CCJ's are they and when they were issued? I have a copy of case worker instructions (Which is obtainable form HO website) and can point you to them. As they are very handy.
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:22 am

-> KESH

Well i have got two "Lloyds" defaults notices ( Not default judgements) registered against my name. I am after a break of 6 months (resulting in default notices) now paying the DMC on monthly basis and am told that these will stay with me till i have paid the accounts in full.

Apart from i dont have any kind of judgement against my name. and I have no CRB record minor or major.

But still dont know the outcome so am worried..and keeping my fingers crossed all the times.

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Well i have got two "Lloyds" defaults notices ( Not default judgements) registered against my name. I am after a break of 6 months (resulting in default notices) now paying the DMC on monthly basis and am told that these will stay with me till i have paid the accounts in full.

Eagleeye, don't worry. As long as you haven't ccjs and are not currently bankrupt you'll be fine. Moreso there is evidence that you have a payment plan in place. The guidelines by which your application will be vetted acknowledges payment difficulties and only considers undischarged bankruptcy and CCJs as possible reason for rejection.
Best of Luck.

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

-> Don Petuchi

Thanx Don for your reassurance. The only element new applicants need on daily basis. :)

Personally when i weigh my case in the light of positives and negatives attached with my application. I find my case more positive and strong against any negatives. But you never know..

Lets hope for the best..

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:28 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> Don Petuchi

Thanx Don for your reassurance. The only element new applicants need on daily basis. :)

Personally when i weigh my case in the light of positives and negatives attached with my application. I find my case more positive and strong against any negatives. But you never know..

Lets hope for the best..
Eagleeye, you should be perfectly fine. I think my and my uncle's case is quite special and needs a senior case worker looking at it. As my uncle's house was repossed and he had 4 different CCJ's as he had his hours cut down at work three years ago. However, he made an arrangement with all of he debtors and started paying them back. He declared everything on his application form. With me I had store card ccj which I have declared and I have confirmed with HO and they said it is ok as it will not reflect on decision because this is a financial matter. It could have a majour effect if my uncle or myslef were declared bankcrupt. Hope it helps. God will save us all. ''IF YOU ASK YOU WILL BE GIVEN AND IF YOU THE KNOCK DOORS THEY WILL BE OPEN FOR YOU''. That is what I belive in.
KESH

adabees
Newly Registered

Finally application approved... phew :)

Post by adabees » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Applied @ NCS Basingstoke
Date of submission or posting : 28/10/09
Date received @HO: 29/10/09
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP + ILR (backdated HSMP Forum JR2)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 2/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 5/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 5/12/09 (dated 28th Nov 09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : booked for 17 Nov 09

Finally... it's time to relax :)
AD

gotiya
Newly Registered

Post by gotiya » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:56 pm

adabees wrote:Applied @ NCS Basingstoke
Date of submission or posting : 28/10/09
Date received @HO: 29/10/09
CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP + ILR (backdated HSMP Forum JR2)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 2/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 5/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 5/12/09 (dated 28th Nov 09)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : booked for 17 Nov 09

Finally... it's time to relax :)
AD
Dear Members,

Could anyone clarify me what is the difference between "Date of submission or posting : xx/xx/xxxx" and "Date received @HO: xx/xx/xxxx" ...... when one has applied through NCS. Correct me if I am wrong don't the people at NCS or whereever one has carried out the checking service are liable to send the the application form along with the photo-copied documentation to the HO. So how does one know the the "Date received @HO: xx/xx/xxxx" is actually the date received by HO. I guess do the people at NCS tell you that by this date the application will reach HO?

Please clarify my doubt as I am about the book an appointment at NCS.

gotiya

Alpacino_13
Newly Registered

Post by Alpacino_13 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:02 am

Hi All,

Another update: 3 Weeks & 3 days in total from submission.

Applied via representatives
Date of submission or posting : 09/11/09
Date received at HO: 10/11/09
CRITERIA: 14 Years + ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12/11/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 19/11/09
Date of receipt of approval : 03/12/09

Good luck to everyone! Wish you all the best for Xmas & NY

Kind Regards
Alpacino

asher1979
Newly Registered

Question

Post by asher1979 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi guys,

I have sent my EEA4 application together with my ex partner back in Feb however my ex partner was issued with his PR. I was told that I had to wait longer as I was not a EEA national. I have sent several complaints but still no luck. I am tired of calling them every week. So I sent an application for naturalisation instead even though I would have qualify to apply for naturalisation only in may 2010- In adtion to P60s and ID's I have also sent relalavent evidence to disregard the last 12 months of their residential qualifying period such as letter from work as I have to travel regularly for my work and my 11 year residence in this country and docucuments to prove that I have a house here in the UK ect through Nationality checking services - they told me that its their (nationlity team ) discretion we cannot guarantee the application will be successful.

Good news is that nationality direct have charged me debit card last week

My question is

Has any one experienced where you have been charged by the nationality team but still got rejected for some reason? or do they go through the application before they charge the card? As I did tick the correct box's

Another strange thing is the reference number the for naturalisation is same as the EEA4 application (PR application) reference number with a 2 in the end for example ( XXX/ 2)does it mean they not going to consider my naturalisation application until PR was issued
I would love to hear your thoughts even if you have not had similar situation as what this means? Thanks

Alpacino_13 wrote:Hi All,

Kind Regards
Alpacino

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Question

Post by keshgrover » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

asher1979 wrote:Hi guys,

I have sent my EEA4 application together with my ex partner back in Feb however my ex partner was issued with his PR. I was told that I had to wait longer as I was not a EEA national. I have sent several complaints but still no luck. I am tired of calling them every week. So I sent an application for naturalisation instead even though I would have qualify to apply for naturalisation only in may 2010- In adtion to P60s and ID's I have also sent relalavent evidence to disregard the last 12 months of their residential qualifying period such as letter from work as I have to travel regularly for my work and my 11 year residence in this country and docucuments to prove that I have a house here in the UK ect through Nationality checking services - they told me that its their (nationlity team ) discretion we cannot guarantee the application will be successful.

Good news is that nationality direct have charged me debit card last week

My question is

Has any one experienced where you have been charged by the nationality team but still got rejected for some reason? or do they go through the application before they charge the card? As I did tick the correct box's

Another strange thing is the reference number the for naturalisation is same as the EEA4 application (PR application) reference number with a 2 in the end for example ( XXX/ 2)does it mean they not going to consider my naturalisation application until PR was issued
I would love to hear your thoughts even if you have not had similar situation as what this means? Thanks

Alpacino_13 wrote:Hi All,

Kind Regards
Alpacino
Every thing seems to be ok. About your refference no. It looks like because your citizeship is through EU route that is why your old file has been digged up and given the same refference no.

About my case guys I am still waiting for HO to debit my account as they have not taken their fees yet it is 9th day tomorrow already since they have recieved my application and there is no acknowledgement either. As I said earlier my case is bit special case and delay in the process is giving me more stress. Eagleeye and shubhangi any news from you guys?
KESH

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:23 am

-> KESH

No further Response or info as yet as far as me concerned. But dont worry ur money will be deducted within 1/2 days. Thats my instinct.. Lets see..

-> d_shubhangi

Where r you? at least try to encourage us all like KESH. Encouragement and best wishes are two things we all need and on daily basis. Still 1/2 more weeks.

And KESH,Shubhangi, always keep your fingers cross and be optimistic.Never lose hope and heart.

"Optimism is one thing which had led to make some the Greatest of all", like Alexander the Great :)

I will update my dates soon i hear or receive anything...But my fear is that CXS and NY is approaching fast and things will be delayed for no reason. Thus praying that I should get lucky and be able to celebrate XMS and NY and Approval all together.. And I wish you all the same too and Good luck to you all.

-> Alpacino_13

Great news. Congrats. Enjoy your days and nights with peace now.. :)

Alpacino_13
Newly Registered

Post by Alpacino_13 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:31 am

Eagleeye09,

Thank you very much mate! Best of luck to you too, Keshgrover, Shubhangi and obviously everyone on this forum!

All the best.

Kind regards,
Alpacino

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:23 am

From people's processing time lines in the last few months, it's clear that the processing time is around 5 weeks. I don't really understand why UKBA insist on quoting time lines of 6 months when it's clearly not the case.

They probably mean complicated cases can take up to 6 months but they don't really say it and officially apply that quote to anyone who asks.
Is anyone aware of recent application (let's say, in the last 12 months) that took more than 2-3 months to get processed?

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 am

yarons wrote:From people's processing time lines in the last few months, it's clear that the processing time is around 5 weeks. I don't really understand why UKBA insist on quoting time lines of 6 months when it's clearly not the case.

They probably mean complicated cases can take up to 6 months but they don't really say it and officially apply that quote to anyone who asks.
Is anyone aware of recent application (let's say, in the last 12 months) that took more than 2-3 months to get processed?
If you check this thread fully you will find quite few those have taken more then 3 months. Even very straight forward cases. Just can't workout HO processing system.
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:48 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> KESH

No further Response or info as yet as far as me concerned. But dont worry ur money will be deducted within 1/2 days. Thats my instinct.. Lets see..

-> d_shubhangi

Where r you? at least try to encourage us all like KESH. Encouragement and best wishes are two things we all need and on daily basis. Still 1/2 more weeks.

And KESH,Shubhangi, always keep your fingers cross and be optimistic.Never lose hope and heart.

"Optimism is one thing which had led to make some the Greatest of all", like Alexander the Great :)

I will update my dates soon i hear or receive anything...But my fear is that CXS and NY is approaching fast and things will be delayed for no reason. Thus praying that I should get lucky and be able to celebrate XMS and NY and Approval all together.. And I wish you all the same too and Good luck to you all.

-> Alpacino_13

Great news. Congrats. Enjoy your days and nights with peace now.. :)
Many thanks eagleeye. It is a restless period of life with anxiety mercury keep jumping up. I know all of us will get it done but as human nature we do worry unnecessary. Even we have assurance from the father who sits on his thorne in heavan but we still act silly. But hey that is how human beings are these days. I pray to the most high to help us all to get our Naturalisation approved.

Regards
KESH

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:59 am

hey there
to apply for citizenship ,
well i 'm going throw EEA route aswell ..and i have been waiting for my PR (12months ) ...and now i have it ..so do u think i can apply straight away or i have to wait ...otherwise i need to apply in may2010 ...

thanks for your replyz

markbecken09
Newly Registered

Post by markbecken09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:35 am

Hey,
Not quite true - I applied in person and they specifically asked for and kept my new passport and sent it back with the naturalisation certificate.

Thanks.

garichd

Post by garichd » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 am

Hello all,

I am filling a form AN ( 5 year WP + 1 year ILR) for myself and wife.

The first column is home office ref and I am not sure what to fill here ..

Will it be my WP number ( I had 3 WP's during the five year period) or any is there number I need to get from Home office ?

Also what about my wife's Home office ref number as she was dependent on me?

Can some who has successful in naturalization application in the same category please confirm what did they fill in this column.

Thanks
Gari...

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 am

markbecken09 wrote:Hey,
Not quite true - I applied in person and they specifically asked for and kept my new passport and sent it back with the naturalisation certificate.

Thanks.
Markbecken09, I would love to know how you managed to apply in person for naturalisation and at which HO post (i.e. croydon, birmingham or glasgow) How much did it cost you and how did you get the appointment. And atlast but not the least what was the whole process? This is a very new kind of case on this forum and I believe everyone will be happy to know more about your experience. I will await your answer.

Regards.
KESH