ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa...Calling Cards :S

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ska_abbas

Spouse Visa...Calling Cards :S

Post by ska_abbas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Hello there,

recently my wife applied for Tier 1 post study migrant dependent visa; however, at islamabad visa office, they refused to take application because we didnt submit any wedding photos and calling cards along with the application; are they allowed to do that? Because I think these things are required if its a settlement visa because of forced marriages issues but my wife is coming here for a year only.

Anyway, they gave us one hour to get wedding photos and calling cards; we had some photos together so we gave them with the application, but we didnt have any calling cards. There were some old calling cards at home (not used by us), we gave them those calling cards.

I would like to know why do they need calling cards, do they track them back, if yes what issues might arise later on.

Other than calling cards, we submitted all the documents according to the requirements of UKBA.

Your help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 am

Calling cards are a waste of time, because you can not prove you called your loved ones with them as they have no itemized billing.

You can call any number with these cards.

The ECO looks for itemized billing from your home or mobile phone to that one of your spouse. That is the best proof you can provide. It works out a bit dear, but you have the proof that the ECO requires.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:23 am

I do not understand why they refused to take my wife's application without calling cards :?

They never asked for mobile phone bills, land line bills etc; they just asked for 3-4 calling cards.

So you are saying that they can not track where a particular calling card has been used.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

I do not understand why they refused to take my wife's application without calling cards Confused

They never asked for mobile phone bills, land line bills etc; they just asked for 3-4 calling cards.

So you are saying that they can not track where a particular calling card has been used.
Where was this? Not in Pakistan by any chance?

The calling cards are just that calling cards. You can dial any number in the world with it. You do no get any itemised billing with these cards.

You buy them, use them and dispose of them once the money has run out.

I cant understand why they wont accept your application form. Maybe they are doing you a favour as without these cards or itemized billing your application has a good chance of not succeeding and therefore you will have wasted your application fee.

:roll:

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks for your reply

Yes this was in Pakistan, Gerrys centre Islamabad.

I cant understand why they wont accept your application form. Maybe they are doing you a favour as without these cards or itemized billing your application has a good chance of not succeeding and therefore you will have wasted your application fee.
As far I understand calling cards and wedding photos are required in settlement visas where by there is a chance of forced marriages; however, my wife is coming here as my dependent and I am on Post study work permit which is a limited entry in UK. I thought these things are more important in settlement visas.

anyway thanks for your reply :)