ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Police Registration Certificate compulsory for psw

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Riz_Ali
Newly Registered

Is Police Registration Certificate compulsory for psw

Post by Riz_Ali » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:11 pm

HI,

I would like to know, Is Police Registration Cerfiticate compulsory for psw visa? I have been living for 3 years in uk but do not have police registration certificate. In this situation what i need to do. Please guide me.

Thank you.

kulksnikhil

Re: Is Police Registration Certificate compulsory for psw

Post by kulksnikhil » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Riz_Ali wrote:HI,

I would like to know, Is Police Registration Cerfiticate compulsory for psw visa? I have been living for 3 years in uk but do not have police registration certificate. In this situation what i need to do. Please guide me.

Thank you.
Guys me too in the same situation. I believe, people from specific countries need to register with the police whlist they are on Student Visa. !!! But I am not sure about it. Can somebody please clarify about the requirement of Police registration?

thanks

ash786
BANNED

Re: Is Police Registration Certificate compulsory for psw

Post by ash786 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Riz_Ali wrote:HI,

Thank you.
1. If it says in u visa sticker then u shud hav registered with the police and if it does not say registration with the police in u passport then u do not need to.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:46 pm

If it is mentioned on your visa vignette to register with the police, then you must register, if it is not you are not required to do so. It has to be mentioned explicitly on your Entry clearance / leave to remain visa. If you are applying from inside the UK for PSW visa and you were requested to register with the police, it is better to include it with your application.
________
LRX
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riz_Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Riz_Ali » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks for reply,
They did not mention on Entry clearance and Leave to remain visa.

where i need to go for registration and does it creats the problem if i tell them i did not registered before.

Thank you.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 pm

Riz_Ali wrote:Thanks for reply,
They did not mention on Entry clearance and Leave to remain visa.

where i need to go for registration and does it creats the problem if i tell them i did not registered before.

Thank you.
1. Do not register with the police if u were not required before and it wud not effect u PSW visa as they will check on the system if u were required to register with the police or not.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Here is what happened to me, on my Entry Clarence visa they didn't ask to register with the police and I didn't do that, in fact, a friend of mine went to the police station and wanted to register and it was not mentioned on his visa, the police didn't register him and told him to leave because it was not required. For me, when I renewed my visa (leave to remain), it was written to register once with the police and I did. As simple as that
________
Aging Forums
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Jack_Hammer wrote:Here is what happened to me, on my Entry Clarence visa they didn't ask to register with the police and I didn't do that, in fact, a friend of mine went to the police station and wanted to register and it was not mentioned on his visa, the police didn't register him and told him to leave because it was not required. For me, when I renewed my visa (leave to remain), it was written to register once with the police and I did. As simple as that
1. Well wen u renewed u visa nd it was mentioned on your passport then u were required to register with the police and keep u inofrmation up to date and if u have not then it wud create a problem normally refusal of visa unless u have a very strong reason for not doing it.

Katerina V
Newly Registered

Post by Katerina V » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 am

what if my last record is up to date but I failed to update them on the change of address in the past 3 years? does it mean I shouldn't even bother applying? If apply, would it be wise to explan in the covering letter that it was an honest mistake and acknowledge it's my fault and I am sorry? Or is it better to not admit it in writing and just hope for the caseworker's understanding?