ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Birmingham (Solihull) PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raymasa2
Member of Standing

ILR success at Birmingham (Solihull) PEO

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello all,

First of all thanks to everyone here who ask questions and provide answers. Reading those have been very helpful. Just got back from the Birmingham PEO with an ILR. The staff there were extremely polite and nice. Appointment was for 11:15 am, with a request to show up 30 minutes earlier (10:45). Got there at 10:41, went through security and was given a number.

Called for the interview at 11:10. The lady was polite, asked for my passport and application. Entered the passport information into her computer and told me that they have received my Life in the UK test results. Commented that I didn’t had to take it (was applying under HSMP JR), but since I have taken it, asked to see the original certificate.

She then went over the absences (49 days in the last 4 years) and asked to see P60 (from my 2 jobs) for the last four years and the payslips for the last 3 months. That’s it. Didn’t ask for bank statements or anything else. Told me she was happy to grant me the ILR and asked me to pay the fees at the cashier. She said it will take 1.5 to 2 hours so I can go have lunch if I wanted to (but I stayed in the office)

Paid the fees at 11:25 and got the passport back with the ILR stamped at 1:30.

Very pleasant experience. Everyone was very polite. Surprisingly, the interview was very quick (10-15 minutes). I think I was over prepared and taken a bunch of documents, which she didn’t bother with. Which is fine by me, since I got the ILR.

While she didn’t ask for all the documents I thought she would, I would recommend applicants to be thoroughly prepared. No sense in not having all the documents and be told they cant process it right away.

Made the appointment for PEO on the website in October. Had received the confirmation email after making the appointment and a text message 2 days ago to remind me. When I got back from the PEO today, had another 5 email confirming my appointment (guess their system went a bit haywire).

Well worth the extra money for PEO service, at least for my sanity knowing the results in a few hours than waiting weeks for the postal application.

Also, a big thanks to everyone who fought very hard against the retrospective rules.

Ray

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi Ray,

First of all congrats for your ILR.

Could you please let us know what all documents you took for the interview as a precautionary measure and contents of your employers letter.

Thanks.
Prasnna

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:27 pm

prasnna wrote:Hi Ray,

First of all congrats for your ILR.

Could you please let us know what all documents you took for the interview as a precautionary measure and contents of your employers letter.

Thanks.
Prasnna
Hi Prasnna,

I took the following documents with me:

- Current passport.

- Previous passport (which also have the UK visas stamped).

- 2 photos, which I took yesterday (was paranoid about that being under one month old).

- P60 for the last four years (2006 – 2009).

- Payslips from April of this year (to show continuity from the last P60).

- P45 from the last job.

- Payslips for the last four years. I don’t think you need these, but because I had them I took them with me.

- Bank statements for the last 4 years. But she didn’t ask to see any of the statements. Again, you probably don’t need all these, but since I file them anyway, I took them all. According to the application form, they probably only need last three months.

- Employment letters from both jobs, stating my position, start and end dates (except for my current one, which show still employed) and that the position was/is full-time. That was all on the employment letter.

- Some of my absences were work related and she did ask me for employer letter to confirm this. I didn’t had that letter (so I recommend you get that if you have any work related absences from the UK). However, because my total absences from UK were 49 days over 4 years (both work and holidays), she didn’t bother. If your absences are longer, you may want to get employer letter for work related trips abroad.

- Employment contracts from both jobs.

- Life in the UK certificate.

Don’t think you need the following at all, but I took it with me:

- National Insurance card.

- Copy of the original HSMP acceptance letter (don’t have the original).

- Original letter for the HSMP extension.

While I had all these documents with me in the bag, I didn’t take them all out. I had a file with just the following, that I had out on the counter:
- Passport (current and previous)
- Application
- Photos
- P60s
- P45
- Payslips
- Bank statement
- Life in the UK test certificate
I also did not hand these all to her. Handed only the documents she asked for.

I also had photocopies of all the documents, but she said she only wanted originals as she was going to make the copies herself. She retuned all the originals with the passport at the end.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ray
Last edited by raymasa2 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot mate, I tell you this detailed email of yours will def. help thousands of people like me. I'll post this on your behalf in various web sites as ppl usually have this query. It was very well laid out.

Even my passport is expired (one with valid stamp) and I've got the new one issued last month (with no stamp, perhaps I don't need to worry about the stamp in my new passport) . So I'll take both the passports.

Prasnna
Last edited by prasnna on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

congrats

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks innocentdevil.

Prasnna, no need to transfer visa to a new passport, provide both passports to them and they will stamp the ILR in the new passport (but check to make sure that they have done that).

As for your query about the rejection, I am not a lawyer nor do I know any so cant really answer the question. However, if you got a new visa and was allowed into the UK, I would have to assume that the rejection wont be a problem for ILR. If it was going to be an issue, they wont have given you the visa the second time or allowed you entry. But, you may want to confirm this with someone else, as I am not a lawyer.

Ray

prasnna

@Ray

Post by prasnna » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Ray, Just got one more question.

Did you pay the fees £1100 your Debit card or by any other means?

sunny69
Newly Registered

Solihull PEO

Post by sunny69 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:59 am

Hello Ray,

Let me first Congratulate you for getting your ILR. I'm also planning to apply shortly and have few doubts (which I'll be happy if you can clarify!!)

1. I arrived in UK on March 10th, 2006 and understood that I qualify for ILR under HSMP (JR) in 4years like you..thanks to Amit Kapdia and everyone at HSMP Forum Ltd.

2. In order to make an appointmet for PEO, when should I be eligible to take it? Some said that I can only apply before 28 days i.e in the first week of Feb, 2010. Is that correct? I want to avoid the waiting time by delaying till the last min!!

3. As again it is not required to give Life in the UK test right now for the ILR, I still might require it for the purpose of Citizenship. Is it worthwhile to give the exam straight away or should I wait just in case if the format changes in future and this result becomes invalid?

Thank you once again for sharing your experience as it is very informative.

Regards,

sunny

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: @Ray

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 pm

prasnna wrote:Ray, Just got one more question.

Did you pay the fees £1100 your Debit card or by any other means?
On my credit card, but you can use debit card or cheque. If in person, I guess they will take cash as well, but I am not sure (but no cash if my post).

Ray

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Solihull PEO

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 pm

sunny69 wrote:Hello Ray,

Let me first Congratulate you for getting your ILR. I'm also planning to apply shortly and have few doubts (which I'll be happy if you can clarify!!)

1. I arrived in UK on March 10th, 2006 and understood that I qualify for ILR under HSMP (JR) in 4years like you..thanks to Amit Kapdia and everyone at HSMP Forum Ltd.

2. In order to make an appointmet for PEO, when should I be eligible to take it? Some said that I can only apply before 28 days i.e in the first week of Feb, 2010. Is that correct? I want to avoid the waiting time by delaying till the last min!!

3. As again it is not required to give Life in the UK test right now for the ILR, I still might require it for the purpose of Citizenship. Is it worthwhile to give the exam straight away or should I wait just in case if the format changes in future and this result becomes invalid?

Thank you once again for sharing your experience as it is very informative.

Regards,

sunny

2: As far as I know the earliest you can apply is 28 days before the current 4 year period. So applying now or January probably wont work. You may want to download the application and verify.

3: I asked the lady that interviewed me and she said that I wont need to re-take the exam again for citizenship. I took it because I think it will remain valid even if they change it (and probably make it tougher). However, you never know, they might require me to take another one at the time.

Ray

sunny69
Newly Registered

Re: Solihull PEO

Post by sunny69 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:39 am

Hello Ray,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Very valuable info, much appreciated.

Sunny

prasnna

@Ray - Dress Code

Post by prasnna » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Ray,

We got an appointment in couple of weeks. Can u let us know what sort of dress code would be appropriate?

Formal (Suit and tie) or good casual (jeans and jumper) etc.

How were you dressed ?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: @Ray - Dress Code

Post by raymasa2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:25 pm

We got an appointment in couple of weeks. Can u let us know what sort of dress code would be appropriate?

How were you dressed ?
Either is fine. People were dressed both formal and casual.

Ray

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: @Ray - Dress Code

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:42 pm

How were you dressed ?
Whatever suits you. You will not be judged by your attire but by your documents/evidences.

prasnna

@ray

Post by prasnna » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Cheers ray,
That exactly what I wanted to know, I remember going to NI interview with one of my friend last year and ppl were dressed in full formals (bit OTT) and we were in smart casuals, so just wondering how they dress in PEO.
thanks a ton.

prasnna

@Ray

Post by prasnna » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks ray for yor valuable advice. I got my ILR today.

sunny69
Newly Registered

@Ray

Post by sunny69 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 am

Hello Prasnna,
Hearty Congratulations for getting the ILR. Can you share your experience like when did you arrive there at PEO and what questions you have faced, documents they have asked etc? BTW is it at Solihull and inorder to book this interview slot, how early did you call them?

Many thanks for sharing these...

Regards
Sunny