ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone using child care vouchers, how do they work ?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

herts
Member of Standing

Anyone using child care vouchers, how do they work ?

Post by herts » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Hello forum members,
Just wondering if anyone has any idea of how childcare vouchers work, if both husband & wife are working how much childcare vouchers can we get, how it is calculated ?
Thanks and Best Regards
Herts

camcan

Re: Anyone using child care vouchers, how do they work ?

Post by camcan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 pm

herts wrote:Hello forum members,
Just wondering if anyone has any idea of how childcare vouchers work, if both husband & wife are working how much childcare vouchers can we get, how it is calculated ?
Thanks and Best Regards
Herts
I am using childcare vouchers. It basically depends on whom the company you work for is registered with. So you either register directly or thorugh your company.

Once registered they sent me the electronic vouchers into my online account. Remember to ask your nursery if they are registered with the childcare voucher provider that you may get the vouchers from. If they are not they will register on you request which may take some time. Once all done you can pay online direct into there account.

You can only take a max of 243 per month

I hope this information helps you

Regards
Cam

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Also, please note that this is not a benefit (like Job Seeker Allowance / Council Tax allowance etc). Even someone with "NO Recourse to Public funds" on their passports (Tier 1 holders for instance) can claim this as this does not come from Public funds.

The first £243 every month comes out of your gross (pre tax) salary, thereby saving you upto 40% (depending on the tax you pay).

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks guys for your replies, just a quick one, me and my spouse together take home around 39K a year, could we both apply for childcare vouchers ? how much can we get aprrox with 39K sal ?

camcan

Post by camcan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 pm

herts wrote:Thanks guys for your replies, just a quick one, me and my spouse together take home around 39K a year, could we both apply for childcare vouchers ? how much can we get aprrox with 39K sal ?

As far as i know it doesn't matter what you take home. Both of you individually can get 243... i.e 243 each one... so 486 all together.

Regads
Cam