ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp+ tier 1 general + workpermit = ILR?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

hsmp+ tier 1 general + workpermit = ILR?

Post by hsmphsmp » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:53 pm

I entered UK 2 months after my first hsmp visa (2 years) was issued. Now I have applied for tier 1 extension as my hsmp visa is about to expire and I will get for 3 years tier 1 extension if successful. When my tier 1 extension ends after 3 years I will be 2 months short for applying ILR. Not sure what the tier 1 rules will be at that time and not sure even if I will meet requirement for another extension. To makeup for 2 months if I get a workpermit in any company, can I then apply for ILR after 2 months?

It will be 1 year & 10 months on hsmp + 3 year on tier 1 + 2 months on work permit. Is that possible?

vks

Re: hsmp+ tier 1 general + workpermit = ILR?

Post by vks » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 am

hsmphsmp wrote:I entered UK 2 months after my first hsmp visa (2 years) was issued. Now I have applied for tier 1 extension as my hsmp visa is about to expire and I will get for 3 years tier 1 extension if successful. When my tier 1 extension ends after 3 years I will be 2 months short for applying ILR. Not sure what the tier 1 rules will be at that time and not sure even if I will meet requirement for another extension. To makeup for 2 months if I get a workpermit in any company, can I then apply for ILR after 2 months?

It will be 1 year & 10 months on hsmp + 3 year on tier 1 + 2 months on work permit. Is that possible?
Give us the time frames on the Visa...So it will be easy to find what it is..

One of the thing to note is that you can be out of country for 180 days in 5 years.
Regards,
vks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:11 am

hsmphsmp wrote:I entered UK 2 months after my first hsmp visa (2 years) was issued. Now I have applied for tier 1 extension as my hsmp visa is about to expire and I will get for 3 years tier 1 extension if successful. When my tier 1 extension ends after 3 years I will be 2 months short for applying ILR. Not sure what the tier 1 rules will be at that time and not sure even if I will meet requirement for another extension. To makeup for 2 months if I get a workpermit in any company, can I then apply for ILR after 2 months?

You have applied for Tier-1 extension which will be for 3 years. Three years completion period is very far and you don't have to think about it now. There are new rules on horizon and nobody know what those will be. So I would advice to wait and see how things changes.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 am

As suggested by fellow boarders..

your ILR is very far off and the rules are nearly to change.. and WP rules are also under scrutiny... so keep cool and go with flow..

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Thank you all for the replies.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:57 pm

vks wrote:

Give us the time frames on the Visa...So it will be easy to find what it is..

One of the thing to note is that you can be out of country for 180 days in 5 years.

Code: Select all

Hi vks,
Hsmp issued on 25 dec 2007. Came in UK 25 Feb 2008. Hsmp expires 25 dec 2009. Applied tier 1 extension and got 3 years from 25 dec 2009 to 25 dec 2012, 2 months short of ILR as per current rules. I can make sure I don't exceed 180 days out of country.