ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending my Visa and Switching in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheekyvirgin

Extending my Visa and Switching in UK

Post by cheekyvirgin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:10 am

My PWS expiring on June 2010 and that would be 8 years in total for me in the UK , I want to extend my visa but do not know what to do . I do not have Master Degree but i do have Post Graduate Diploma which is listed in the home house accrediated bodies that was giving me 30 point before the rule was changed in March 2009.

I do have my wife and one daughter living with me who was born here, i heard there was rule if you are living in UK from last 7 years and your child was born here then you can apply for the ILR.

Please advice me what should i do as i am really stressed, MY wife is on dependent visa and she is holding a UK Equivelant MAster degree, can she switch in any catogery in the UK.

Please help me to sort out my problem, would be very greatful.

You can also contact me me by private message.

Thanks

vinata

Post by vinata » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 am

I don't know the full details of this rule, but the rule you refer to concerns the child who was born in the UK and has lived there for 7 years or longer. If your child is yourger than 7 years old, this rule would not apply to you. However, i also heard, the provision of this rule either was already amended or is going to be amended in the future. So, you'll need to double check that.