ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

HSMP extension bank statements

Post by krisdigitx » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 pm

hi,

I have bank statements posted by email rather than by post.

I went to the bank and the bank printed me the 12months statement on their letterhead with HSBC logo

it has my name and my account number? (its not electonic prinout)

however the bank refused to sign/stamp on the document, but they said its OK for the home office and its a valid document.

Is this correct?

-Kris

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP extension bank statements

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:36 pm

krisdigitx wrote:hi,

I have bank statements posted by email rather than by post.

I went to the bank and the bank printed me the 12months statement on their letterhead with HSBC logo

however the bank refused to sign/stamp on the document, but they said its OK for the home office and its a valid document.

Is this correct? - NO

-Kris
if yours is a regular account... why dont you call them up and ask them to send you the DUPLICATE bankstatements at ur postal address..

I think you opted for the Green statements which is why you are getting them by email... i have HSBC account and i requested them 4-5times and everytime i got them by post..

Do not take risk you pay the bank a fee so ask them for what you pay..

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

Post by krisdigitx » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 pm

hi,

i have already submitted the application, i called the HO customer support
and the agent told me that its fine.

is this correct? shall i send the new bank statements(posted ones) again? will that be accepted.

-Kris

nagaratnavijay
Newly Registered

Post by nagaratnavijay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello Seniors,

I hold HSMP Visa which is due to expire on 17th Dec. Planning to submit on 14th by post. Bit worried as I am late in sending the application. Due to some personal problems and some misleading informations got from some other sources, could not submit well in advance.

I have bank statements for the previous 12 months that the bank sends me every month by post. Should it be again be stamped and signed by the bank officers? And, when I asked my bank (HSBC) for a letter confirming that I have enough funds to support myself and my dependents (3), they just refused it. Again, one more thing is, I do not have a cumulative bank statements for showing the maintainance funds. All I have is 12 months bank statements and my pay slips for 12 months.
I have all the other documents.

Could anyone please advice me about the financial related documents?

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:01 pm

krisdigitx wrote:hi,

i have already submitted the application, i called the HO customer support
and the agent told me that its fine.

is this correct? shall i send the new bank statements(posted ones) again? will that be accepted.

-Kris
Do you mean to say that they are lookalike like Original Bankstatements unlike electronic statements?? inthat case you are fine.. but i heard it first time.. goodluck then

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 pm

If they are regular official statements that come through the post, no sign / stamp is required.

Also, if for the last 3 months your balance has always been more than £2399 (£800 for you and £533 *3 for your 3 dependants) and if this is reflected in your statements, then you do not need any further letter / statement from your bank. Just mention on the cover letter that you are using the same statements for income proof and for maintenance funds.

Remember, the balance over the last 3 months should not have gone down below £2399 in your case even for 1 day and that your last statement should be dated within 30 days of your application date.

Good luck.
nagaratnavijay wrote:Hello Seniors,

I hold HSMP Visa which is due to expire on 17th Dec. Planning to submit on 14th by post. Bit worried as I am late in sending the application. Due to some personal problems and some misleading informations got from some other sources, could not submit well in advance.

I have bank statements for the previous 12 months that the bank sends me every month by post. Should it be again be stamped and signed by the bank officers? And, when I asked my bank (HSBC) for a letter confirming that I have enough funds to support myself and my dependents (3), they just refused it. Again, one more thing is, I do not have a cumulative bank statements for showing the maintainance funds. All I have is 12 months bank statements and my pay slips for 12 months.

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:05 pm

nagaratnavijay wrote:Hello Seniors,

You are not late dear... you can even send you applicaton on 17th Dec but 14th Dec is good to go...

Your 12months bankstatements sent to you by post are GOOD enough and they dont require any sign and stamp...

For maintenance funds also if the bankstatements are ORIGINAL as above you do not require any letter from the bank.. just make sure the latest bankstatements for funds is dated less than 1month by the time u apply... and have enough funds for the last 3months...

Individaul monthly statements are OK u dont need to submit cumulative statement...

if u have any questions just ask.. many ppl are here to reply..

Thanks in advance.

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

Post by krisdigitx » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

yeah, i think they are called ad hoc statements,

the tier-1 guidance note says that

"Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)."

but however this is listed under documents required for maintenance funds, not on previous earnings section, so that why i am confused....

-Kris

nagaratnavijay
Newly Registered

Post by nagaratnavijay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:11 pm

no, I did not mean that. I think I did not conveyed it properly. Beginning of every month the bank sends me the statement on bank's stationary with their contact address and logo. I am asking whether these statements are sufficient? Also, wht's your openion about the cumulative statements and the letter about the maintainance funds?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:35 pm

nagaratnavijay wrote:no, I did not mean that. I think I did not conveyed it properly. Beginning of every month the bank sends me the statement on bank's stationary with their contact address and logo. I am asking whether these statements are sufficient? Also, wht's your openion about the cumulative statements and the letter about the maintainance funds?
If you have the ORIGINAL Bankstatements (those received from UK bank at home address).. you are fine.. and i repeat the same what i wrote above..

nagaratnavijay
Newly Registered

Post by nagaratnavijay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the inspiring statements.

Also, I have got few doubts while filling up the application form for me and my dependants. Could you please clarify me those?

1. Home office Reference number
2. Points based system migrant referance number
3. United Kingdom ID Card number
4. Identity Card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) details
5. reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found on the applicant's passport

Thanks in advance.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi, Sorry to say this, but these have been answered so many times in this forum. Please spend some time and search this forum and if you are still unable to find answers, post your question as a new post, with the relevant subject (these are not about bank statements anymore, is it not?) and someone will answer them.

Thanks.
nagaratnavijay wrote:Hi,

Also, I have got few doubts while filling up the application form for me and my dependants. Could you please clarify me those?

1. Home office Reference number
2. Points based system migrant referance number
3. United Kingdom ID Card number
4. Identity Card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) details
5. reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found on the applicant's passport

Thanks in advance.

nagaratnavijay
Newly Registered

Post by nagaratnavijay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:07 pm

OK, I'm sorry...

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 pm

No need to be sorry. Do not feel bad.

I just wanted to mention that the forum has got answers to most of the questions already. It might save time for regular responders like Ramesh / Chetan and others to answer new questions rather than answering the same things again. I just felt it will benefit everyone if people search before they post a question.

Good Luck.
nagaratnavijay wrote:OK, I'm sorry...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:30 pm

nagaratnavijay wrote:Hi,

1. Home office Reference number - Leave it Blank
2. Points based system migrant referance number - Leave it Blank
3. United Kingdom ID Card number - Leave it Blank
4. Identity Card for Foreign Nationals (ICFN) details - Leave it Blank
5. reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found on the applicant's passport - please put the No on the Visa Stamp on the top right

Thanks in advance.
Agree wtih MB..

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

Post by krisdigitx » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 pm

krisdigitx wrote:yeah, i think they are called ad hoc statements,

"Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points)."

but however this is listed under documents required for maintenance funds, not on previous earnings section, so that why i am confused....

-Kris
anyone got any answer for this?

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

Post by krisdigitx » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:01 pm

krisdigitx wrote:
krisdigitx wrote:yeah, i think they are called ad hoc statements,

-Kris
anyone got any answer for this?
what I wanted to know is will the ad-hoc statements work for previous earnings?