ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Non-EEA Family Travelling with EEA Resident

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hackerman
Newly Registered

Visa for Non-EEA Family Travelling with EEA Resident

Post by hackerman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello,

In previous post, I requested advise about Student Dependant Child. After so much time the embassy has struggled a lot in my son's case; huge mistakes and after requesting admin review as they suggested they changed the decision to allow me to appeal and forbade me the admin review.

Thanks God, I already got EEA family permit and Schengen residence.

The question is: Can my wife and I travel with him into the UK without visa?

Thanks

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 pm

All visa nationals you require visas to enter the UK. Residence in another EU/EEA countrt doesn't change that.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 pm

In theory, if you hold an EU Residence Card issued in accordance with directive 2004/38EC, you do not require a visa as Stipulated in the directive.

Although the UK insist on you applying for their own EEA permit, you will not face removal or deportation if you come to the UK, with you family member, without this document.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 am

Obie wrote: you will not face removal or deportation if you come to the UK, with you family member, without this document.
Agree! Though be prepared to do a lot of arguing, explaining and convincing before they finally let you in (which they will, at the end of the day!) :roll:
Better to apply for EEA FP if you want to avoid delay and the hassle.