ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Account query

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tongs
Newly Registered

Joint Account query

Post by tongs » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:13 pm

I am getting ready to apply for my PSW visa, but I am having to apply for it from home, in Zimbabwe. As a result I don't have easy access to my bank statements. I have added my girlfriend, who is in london onto the bank account where the money is. If she is added and its a joint account with my name and her name, will that have an effect on the outcome of the decision, or is it alright to send in bank statements with both our names on them.

I am quite worried about this as its a sticky issue.

Thanks for all the help

Tongai

tier210

Post by tier210 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 pm

You must have the account in your name only.
And of course you may have adverse effects on the visa application of adding your gf on the account

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:43 pm

not necesserily ur joint accont would be okay just read home office guidence regarding funds u shud be fine if u use joint account but make sure ur name wud cover da whole 3 months period 4 bank statement

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm

You'll be fine as long as your name appears on the statement (along with ur GF's), they cover 3 months and meet the funds requirement.