ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document require for new employment when Passport is with HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amitc

Document require for new employment when Passport is with HO

Post by amitc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 am

Hello forum. I have one strange question to ask. I have applied for my T1 extn on 30th Nov and expecting my Visa to come in January as there is X mas holidays soon. My problem is I have got one interview call yesterday to attend on 6th of January and if I don’t receive my Passport before that date, I have doubt if they allow me for interview. Guys any idea whether my ref. letter from HO will be valid for new employment? Any other way I can get rid of that situation or any other document to prove my legal working status which is valid for recruitment as per HR policy in UK?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Document require for new employment when Passport is wit

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 am

Your driving license + copy of passport.

amitc wrote:Hello forum. I have one strange question to ask. I have applied for my T1 extn on 30th Nov and expecting my Visa to come in January as there is X mas holidays soon. My problem is I have got one interview call yesterday to attend on 6th of January and if I don’t receive my Passport before that date, I have doubt if they allow me for interview. Guys any idea whether my ref. letter from HO will be valid for new employment? Any other way I can get rid of that situation or any other document to prove my legal working status which is valid for recruitment as per HR policy in UK?

amitc

Post by amitc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks mvent00 for your quick response. I have probitional Driving License and copy of passport but that can be used for proof of ID not proof of legal working status.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:22 am

I hope you will get passport by that time. In case not, you can show HO reference letter. You are allowed to continue work until your visa application has been processed and decided.
amitc wrote:Thanks mvent00 for your quick response. I have probitional Driving License and copy of passport but that can be used for proof of ID not proof of legal working status.

amitc

Post by amitc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:36 am

Hi mvent00. I think you didnt get my point. I am working somewhere and already submitted HO ref letter which is valid to continue work but got interview call from diff company where I need to show legal working status (Visa).As I dont have passport/visa with me I am looking for alternative document to show to prove that I can take employment legally in UK.I will take my NI letter and HO ref letter. Lets see.Hopefully I will receive my passport but never know if I have bad luck. Anyway thanks for you suggestions.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:41 am

Yes, I got that. But, I think those are the only options you have. You must have to provide a document showing that you are allowed to work in UK, and that document, in your case, is passport. You can just have a try with HO letter, if you don´t get your passport. Good luck with your interview.
amitc wrote:Hi mvent00. I think you didnt get my point. I am working somewhere and already submitted HO ref letter which is valid to continue work but got interview call from diff company where I need to show legal working status (Visa).As I dont have passport/visa with me I am looking for alternative document to show to prove that I can take employment legally in UK.I will take my NI letter and HO ref letter. Lets see.Hopefully I will receive my passport but never know if I have bad luck. Anyway thanks for you suggestions.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:21 pm

i don't think companies are daft enough to not let you sit in an interview just because you haven't got your passport with you. if you explain to them that you have given it to HO for visa extension and will provide it to them once you get it back, then you should be fine